Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Avadon 3: The Warborn announced, coming September 14th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Avadon 3: The Warborn; Spiderweb Software

Well, sort of announced. The store page for Avadon 3: The Warborn, final chapter in Spiderweb Software's Avadon series, just showed up on Steam. It's got a release date of September 14, 2016. Here's the trailer and description:

Avadon 3: The Warborn is a huge, old-school, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the conclusion of the epic Avadon trilogy. You are a Hand of Avadon, warrior and spy, judge and executioner, with nearly unlimited power to fight the enemies of your homeland. Your word is Law. However, your lands have been invaded. Barbarians and monsters are rampaging through your home, and you are the only one who has a way to stop them.

Avadon 3: The Warborn is an epic, retro adventure in an enormous and unique world. Choose from five different character classes, each with dozens of unique spells and abilities. Explore cunning dungeons, hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts, and pass judgment on your enemies (or just people you don’t like). Avadon 3 features many different endings. Will you save your people or betray them? Follow orders or claw for more power? We leave those decisions for you.

Key Features:
  • Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
  • Many different endings. Will you be loyal to your leaders or switch sides and bring them down? The choice is yours!
  • Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
  • Experience an exciting story, with fascinating characters, tough decisions, and many twists and turns.
  • Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
  • Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
  • Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with earlier games is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 3.

Looks like Jeff has been doing something other than writing self-contradictory blog posts over the past year. But does his game stand a chance in the hectic RPG environment that late 2016 is shaping up to be?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Eh. Jeff has done a good job keeping us all hooked on crack while the top quality suppliers where temporarily out of town, but I can't even look at his shit anymore. He's going the way of the dodo I'm afraid.

Space Insect

Arcane
At least this is the last of the Avadon games. Maybe now he will go back to doing more geneforge remakes. Or, if we are lucky, he might still have some creativity left and he can make something like Geneforge again.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never liked how linear/biowareish the Avadon games are. Always game for another Avernum/Geneforge title though (especially the latter).

Severian Silk

Watched the video. Why do energy bolts cast shadows? Seems dumb to me.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's with all the negativity? (I mean, other than this being the 'dex and everything being shit.)
I kind of enjoyed the previous game, though it maybe became a bit of a slog near the end.

Is this Jef guy a serial child rapist or does the game hypnotise you to vote Trump or something similarily horrible?

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think we can all agree what that the most important question here is.

Will there be romances?

Sizzle

Arcane

Will there be romances?

There was a kinda-sorta romance in Avadon 2, it's safe to assume he will further refine the dating-sim aspect for this one, he's a big Bioware fan.

tindrli

Arcane
It's not Geneforge... Jeff can go suck discount cock until he releases a new Geneforge game...

im not sure if i would like to see that since his remakes of the remakes of the remakes were.... well we all know how that went

Last edited:

Sizzle

Arcane

Will there be romances?

There was a kinda-sorta romance in Avadon 2, it's safe to assume he will further refine the dating-sim aspect for this one, he's a big Bioware fan.

No buy if I cant romance a Kobold.

No Kobolds here, but I'm sure he'll be able to squeeze in some Wretch lovin' for the inclusive crowd.

Mortmal

Arcane
What's with all the negativity? (I mean, other than this being the 'dex and everything being shit.)
I kind of enjoyed the previous game, though it maybe became a bit of a slog near the end.

Is this Jef guy a serial child rapist or does the game hypnotise you to vote Trump or something similarily horrible?

No but the problem is he started his career with ultima clones(exile),and geneforge a rather falloutish sci fi game , catering to the hardcore PC roleplaying crowd . Ugly games with lot of recycled assets but with depth, well thought encounters and relatively complex. His latest games have been more and more streamlined, the peak of it being avadon,much prettier but less party members , skills trees instead of the flexible skill system we had before, overall a sense of deja vu and no surprises.

He forsake the pc to go on tablet for avadon release as it was much more profitable, but that diddnt last with thousands of games released every day to compete with he wasnt making money there anymore.Now he's back on pc but the games are still as streamlined and the avadon setting seems a lot more generic and boring than exile/avernum , not to mention geneforge who was really alien.

So the game does not cater to the bioware dragon age fans , nor to the skyrim , fallout 4 crowd cause its turn based , not 3D,nothing controversial .But it doesnt cater to the hardcore oldschool crowd cause its turn based but too streamlined, the improvements have been strictly in fields the oldschool crowd doesnt care much, that is graphics.
You end up with a game not catering to anyone here, and none will bother to talk about.That said i played avadon, it was not horrible by any means but never bothered to finish it.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really like Vogel's games but Avadon... was just boring. I couldn't bother playing further and honestly I cannot imagine these games even sell very well.

himmy

Arcane
Is this Jef guy a serial child rapist

fig01.jpg

That's only for him, his victims and the FBI to know.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Avadon actually had, on a conceptual level, a good premise, sort of like Tyranny, but I stopped playing after a hour or so because the game and the world and everything was just so fucking generic and tepid. And the sad thing is, the guy has shown that could do better and then this. Just sad

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom