Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

August Update on Steam

Cazzeris

It's not done but it's going to be anyway. We have the level in the game, we have the text, only missing visual polish and scripting.

We never planned NPC schedules. The only thing we would add is a few more movement in NPCs in Maadoran and Ganezzar like we have in Teron, nothing else.

We will be adding plants like in Teron plus some containers. Won't take more than two days.

We won't be adding much more dialogue, gotta ask Vince about the filler NPCs. About the interface, the main leftover are some system windows, but won't take too long.

We already started on those several months ago. We'll continue doing them, but the game is pretty "short" once you know all the paths. We can complete each major questline in a day of playing (cheathing combat), and then we'll play different combats for extra balance.

Yep, most definitely! Let's hope the dungeon crawler takes that long to do =)

If we sell 30,000 copies in the first year, we'll consider it a smashing success.

The game is so close to finish it's almost hard to believe after all these years, that's what meant. All what's left to do isn't much compared to what's already done, but it's still a respectable amount of work from my point of view; so "impressive" is an appropiated word to describe it.

PS: What I mean with the "NPC schedules" is this:

Known Issues and Pending Features said:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The game is so close to finish it's almost hard to believe after all these years, that's what meant. All what's left to do isn't much compared to what's already done, but it's still a respectable amount of work from my point of view; so "impressive" is an appropiated word to describe it.

I can't believe it either, less than two months! Still, what's left are minor things, thankfully.

PS: What I mean with the "NPC schedules" is this:

Ah, yes, that's what I meant as well. It's just some basic AI to have them move around town hauling some stuff or looking to buy something.

Including the ~13,000 you have already according to Steamspy? Or on top of that?

On top. We'll be doing alright with less, of course, but will limit the time we can dedicate to expand AoD and we would have to focus on the combat game sooner.

nimateb

Augur
I played this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it's so good now I can't play anything else !

Even better, made by a compañero argentino!
:bro:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fantastic update, fantastic game, etc. I would like to lodge a formal complaint, though, on the grounds that life is unfair. I took a character down the TG route, used both medical canisters to increase my dex (yes screw you if you see this coming), gave bennie the surgery kit and accompanied him to the mountain and then al akia... and then FAILED THE CONSTITUTION CHECK. I do not have a save game before wasting my medical canisters.

:negative:x10,000

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
A failed stat check is always the one that hurt you the most. It means, “You came till here, but YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PROCEED! LOLOLOL! It is TIME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN”. On the other hand, you were greedy. You bumped your DEX just to fight better. You didn’t need that. Now, about the ritual:

Besides the kit, you need 7 INT and 7 CON.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One point in CON short? And I had two medical canisters earlier on? WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THIS, are you mocking me??

I'm in China until the end of September and won't be taking my laptop, so I guess I'll just have to be a god after the next update or two.

Nael

Arcane
But is it better than Grimoire?

33dyw5y.jpg

Grimoire picture -> Illustration from "The Boy's King Arthur."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom