Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Jesus, I'm so thankful to you, Apan! Nobody else knows the password to this account, and since I spent most of my time at home making 6 new NPCs for the starting village of Otradnoye, I simply FORGOT TO UPDATE AGAIN!

But I have some damn good news at least. Ever since we finally reached the goal (AND WHAT A GOAL IT IS, literally nobody could keep their poker face when the clock went down to 0 and it didn't turn out to be a 4chan troll and nobody took their money back leaving insulting comments) we're just going crazy over this thing. The funds won't reach us for another month or so, since we're in Riga and Kiev, and they are still with Mr. Trump, but we're already literally spending every free minute of every day doing stuff for the game. Before we at least ate or played games from time to time. Now it's work-work-work, but pleasing as all hell. For me it's the new dialogues and the work with a possible new translator. But there's just so much going on! AI testing, new models for tons of lil things, like this morning we got a weathered chessboard 3d model with ugly wooden pieces just like I had when I was a kid! And there's a new hat! And a huge 4 layered location basically finished already. Nothing random, too! It's mentioned in rumors in the demo. But it turns out to be something else entirely in reality! And we're just not stopping! I'll be sure to formulate our progress in a pretty update with pictures sometimes soon!
Bless the backers! They made us find even more determination than we had!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Congrats Atom Team! Please make sure you have a paypal link setup for when the kickstarter finishes! I'll continue to spread word of mouth as best I can!

DarkUnderlord considering their success, why not toss around the idea of a codex fundraiser? I'm sure they'd honor it and give us a worthy nod, what say you, Atomboy?
Hello! Thanks for the trust, friend! It's really cool people actually recommend us getting a paypal :) We thought about it but then kind of forgot the idea because we thought we'll look like money grabbing scam artists. But maybe after at least one update hits which will help us show that we're doing all the stuff I say we're doing, we'll set up the account for after-kickstarter donations. I think if we'll get to 40.000 from these 33.500 we got now, we'll be able to make this huge city we got planned. Then again, getting this much money will make us lag some, since the game will require more content than we ever imagined. See? Tons of stuff to think over! I'll tell of our final verdict after the next update! Thank you again! :)

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
30K passed. if tje femc is relly different, that just double the game's replayability
I'm currently working on the Russian version changes of the Female PC - there's a lot of difference mainly in flavor text. However also some dialogues already have fem-exclusive options which lead to the same results as in the male version, but for different reasons. All in all it's gonna be more like playing Chris or Jill in Resident Evil 1. Maybe a bit more varied, since we have more dialogue.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/posts/1972633

STATUS UPDATE #5

d66b532385a28d6c2df06e5ea11fdb92_original.png

Hey, guys!
It's update time!

Now, first of all, soon (September 5-15) we will start sending keys for the Steam early access. The early access version will come out approximately in October-November. If you don't have a Steam account - don't worry! You will receive a download link!

Some of the new characters
8bd1ae38a41ee8282598b38254606580_original.png

In the last update we told you about the new dialogues (as well as new look) for the Waste dwellers. But we missed one essential part the gives them even more uniqueness! Their portraits!

This is just a little sneak peak and not all of the new characters! :) Some of these guys visit certain locations at the certain time of the day, some you can meet at any time... But everyone of them has a history and something interesting to tell you!

All sorts of improvements
We added a lot of smaller improvements to the game! All of them were requested by the players.

Now the traders in the world are finally renewing their stock! It doesn't sound all that important, but this improvement gave the game a lot more polished feel!

9f760f4b9d1bb05255db4fcaf2f6d05a_original.png

Second, the weapons now have a somewhat realistic ballistic system! For example, you are shooting in a large group of foes! Before, if you missed nothing would happen. The bullet would just magically disappear. That's not the case no more!

82544ac980dbe73ade0a0503f034affd_h264_high.jpg

Now the bullet can actually hit someone close to your initial target! And that changes a lot! Not only for you, but also for your enemies... As well as gives some new creative use for the buckshot shell... ;)

7337695212ebe112f971bdf50be300de_h264_high.jpg

Oh! And lastly (but not leastly) - we have a mini map for locations now! A lot of people requested it and we are more than happy to oblige!

c021f32b66bc717a96ae32e9963b91f0_original.png

No quest markers though! A wild guess, but something tells us that you don't really want or like this feature. We don't like it ourselves :)

New locations and improvements in the old ones
2d644b2585689cf5adcdfeb6d76b4386_original.png

Those who follow us on our social media know that we made a lot of new locations on the world map! We had a lot of little details like small pier on the side of the lake, burned down bus, small cave near the mountains, etc. At first they were just for show. You know, to liven up the global map. But we decided that it's just not interesting and misleading to the players!

01181cdce0c55235a60847f565e8bd51_original.png

16107610e2d424a4e4221110d562d8b0_original.png

Now you can visit them at any given time while traversing the world map! To collect some loot, to meet some new characters and maybe even uncover some well hidden secrets! And we are not talking about secret stashes... No, the actual secrets! :)

bfc610523f27da1fba1f58fa3543809a_original.png

Not only that! There are a lot of minor and not so minor improvements to the old locations from the demo! Just like with crafting system, this work will probably be ongoing till the end of the development.

Just check out for yourselves and let us know in the comments what do you think about it!

ba5e022ff5f73af03e0febc5b5f4d53c_original.png

Old look

da13be710c9eb5c1309508fa406f9c6c_original.png

New look

1eb2c8ad8c314df878567ca465fcbf55_original.png

Old look

d4aba0c7bda7a990f69cdf2fe026960a_original.png

New look
New animations
In the Update #2 we mentioned that we are working on the new animations. Well, here are videos to showcase some of them. Please, keep in mind that this is a work in progress!

c38e48104734eee319867ce6129dd2e5_h264_high.jpg

39e5bd9bbc857e1a0054efaec46f8708_h264_high.jpg

Something to listen to
The work on new music (and sound in general) is also not on hold! We decided to add battle music to the game, just to make fights in the Wastes all that more tense! Give it a listen and please share your opinion on the track!

And here is a track from one of the new locations! The "The Virgin Spring" khutor!

Feel more than free to leave us your feedback! :)

Thank you, guys! Have a great one and stay safe!

P.S.: Oh! By the way! If you missed the portraits for the female protagonist!

334fbe3722b25f999a5e2a68261a4c7a_original.jpg

More to come! :)

Previous update

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
This looks great. I've added it to my wishlist on steam. Are pledges closed?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!

flabbyjack

Arcane
Actually demo of Atom much better than Krai Myra and After Reset.
Where did you get the demo? There's none on Steam. Hopefully one is up there soon.
You can download demo from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/ page. See section "Download".

Here the links:

Windows http://files.theatomgame.com/atom.zip
Linux http://files.theatomgame.com/atom_linux.zip
Mac http://files.theatomgame.com/atom_mac.zip
Is this,... is this real? Is this reality? Wow.

ushas

Savant

As the tweet was last week...

Edit: According to the steam forums there will be shortly some sort of announcement.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Good news, everyone! It is going completely as planned! Yesterday I booked all of my vacation days this year (on my day job), to have myself a free October. So why not mark this great event with a codex post?
You won't find it in the updates, but we're hammering in the final nails as I type this post. The part of our team that was freed from the mocking presence of a day job by our Kickstarter campaign has been working hard all these months to make the Early Access version as grand as it can be. Models, fixes, creation of our very own little testing team, new places, new NPCs, new quests, new mechanics. Its actually pretty hard to grasp.
Now when I am free, I will lead a team of translators we got during the last few months to finish the English translation, double and triple check it for problems, review the female dialogue variants which sometimes look nothing like the male ones, and give the text a little bit of polish in general. Currently, we have an UNGODLY amount of text, guys. Pretty easy to lose count. Just the dialogues I wrote last month make up some 150+ Word pages. And I'm just one of the writers on the team. We'll have alcoholics, crazy people, cultists, lovely ladies, teenage girls, grandmas, bootlegers, a wooden idol to a pagan deity, and even a would-be homosexual for all you diversity fans out there to have sexual relations with! There's a dialogue where you can pretend to be a post-nuclear barbarian from far away lands to impress a girl. And a dialogue that messes with concepts of a multiverse. And also you can get possessed by a mud demon maybe (if you chose to believe there's such a thing as possession) and a lot more. Now that not all 24 hours in my schedule are filled with work or feverish 6 hours of sleep, I'll try to update and interact as much as possible.

A huge, huge thank you to the wonderful human beings that reposted our tweets and updates here. Without a PR person, we didn't have enough time to do it on our own. Even our reddit kinda died. Hopefully we will have more time to spend with you now.
Talk to you soon!
ATOMBOY

Zer0wing

Cipher
Have you looked into the flaws of original demo and reworked quests and writing since then?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy any plans for GOG release?
Huh. Well, the plans were there even before we made the first demo. But for some strange reason, all attempts at communicating with GOG ended up with silence on their part. It may be just me, but I think they need us to actually make the title, before they hear out our proposal \ the questions we have. On the other hand, my emails might have gotten lost along the way or something. I'll talk to a representative again once we release the complete game on Steam. However, just like Zombra pointed out, no GOG doesn't mean no DRM-free version. The DRM free versions will be issued to the backers the moment we're finished. The others will probably have to wait a bit, but not too long. I mean it's a Wasteland-inspired Kickstarter game made by some random people, who wouldn't want to sell that?

Zer0wing sure did! Plenty of bugfixing going on. Tons of typos removed. The translation has been revised by a few natives, partially. And the new stuff is getting a generally better translation. Although I'm still involved in it, we have a few professionals as well, and we're not rushing to complete it ASAP. Should look a bit better, at least partially.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
STATUS UPDATE #7

7d81182b2e84a5475b599f94ee4f2c8e_original.png

Hey, guys!
It's probably the last general update to keep you informed before the early access. Plus a couple of new screenshots!

9c058841af512c6e803745f1c2a07dd7_original.png

Mysterious mines just wait to be explored!
We are proud to say, that we are closing in on a stable Early Access version. The bulk of the work has already been done, but there is still a lot of little things that urgently desire improvement.

bc2d7d9de4447bcb57957262a7229fa4_original.png

You gotta survive somehow...
Our whole team is now dedicated to these finishing touches: we are adding new animations, sound effects, music, and items. As well as continuing the translation and spell-checking project for both the male and the female versions of the protagonist!

ebd13e2108d49ea4242c2c51ba7f6d21_original.png

The part of a yet unfinished location.
We also have a small team of bugfixers looking in every nook and cranny of the game as well, so the early release would turn out as stable as possible. It's a hard job, but it is going rather smoothly.

Next week we will already feel safe enough to name a final release date in November.

Thank you for your lasting support and patience, and have a great weekend!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #23

Oct 20 2017

EARLY ACCESS - 28 NOVEMBER

5474465e9b196e590deae061e0ee21f5_h264_high.jpg

Hey, guys!
We thought a lot about this and finally decided that the release date of the early access version will be 28 of November.

There are a couple of reasons for that.

First of all, we want Atom to work as stable as possible. It means that it shouldn't have any game crashing bugs, spikes in performance, and all of that nasty stuff! Will it be completely bug free? Probably not. But at least it should work as close to intended as possible!

Second, we want to revise the translation, add some necessary scenes that may occur because of your decisions in the game and also test them for possible bugs and inconsistencies.

Not to mention polishing all sort of smaller improvements to the game that we made for the past several months!

This deadline is solid and won't be moved forward no matter what!

So that's that! And now, back to work for us! :)

We wish you all a great weekend and as always, stay safe out there!

bc552302e27d5774c0c2d30d0de51a66_original.png

Post-Apocalyptic survival vehicles

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom