Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
They should have just put a picture of Lada for "post-apoc survival vehicle."
And I mean real Lada, not Samara trash.

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
It will be awesome if they put more soviet styled cars and other things of soviet era.

P.S.: as for me Lada or Samara - trash both.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh wow! I guess news of the Update spread already, which is amazing! But my version comes with a few more exclusive pictures!

So, basically, yeah! We're going Early Access on Nov 28th!
1oN1t2m.jpg

This one is like an ad banner, except it's not!

U9inFzL.jpg

And this one is a screenshot where the guy is standing in the headlights of a car. Get it? Its like that one Fallout loading screen. Its a reference.

To this:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zL2dwdfi...lout-2-windows-screenshot-loading-screens.jpg

Remember Fallout?

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
The latest news that I found in their official VK community:
1. They have already about 1 375 721 symbols of Russian text. And that's a lot I think!
2. The new screenshots of Moskvich 2140 car. The cars in ATOM will be like in Fallout 2 only for faster traveling and storing stuff?

APaTKoKdM1g.jpg

0C2kO0yB95I.jpg

o1rvJ0S1oCQ.jpg

Cadmus

Arcane
Bitch I remember our old Moskvich. It could nt climb any inclined plane whatsoever.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Released on Early Access:

Why Early Access?

“There are several reasons.
We want to give to the players who were following the development a chance to experience all the new features.
We want to study the suggestions and complaints that the players may have.
And we want to finance the development of the game till its release in 2018.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“Approximately around five or six months.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The final release will have a continuation (and conclusion) of the main story, several large side-quest lines, many smaller side-quests and a variety of random encounters. It will also have many more locations (including two large cities and two more global maps).
We also plan to better the battle system, add new recipes to the crafting, include Traits that the player could choose at the beginning of the game, make a tutorial and add a couple of new cut-scenes.
The UI, sounds, animations, graphics, game balance, etc. could also experience a lot of minor and not so minor tweaks depending on the player's reaction.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The early access version features 20+ quests, 75+ unique characters (every one with their own dialogue and portrait), 200+ items, 15+ music tracks, 7000+ lines of dialogues (about 100k words), 50+ locations, English and Russian translations, nonlinear world exploration, possibility to play as a male or as a female, more or less finished UI, crafting system, role-playing system, battle system (albeit some features are not yet implemented), minor survival mechanic, etc.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The price of the game during the early access stage will be the same as for the finished product.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We want the community to express their opinions about the game features, as well as suggest some new ideas and share what's, in their opinion, works and what needs to be redone! Which will ultimately help us make the game better!”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg/posts/2056456

EARLY ACCESS - OPEN

Hey, guys!
So here it is. The early access version... We are nervous, but excited at the same time! Who wouldn't be? :)

Despite our concerns about the Linux and Mac versions we managed to make them just in time for the release on Steam!

Furthermore, there is a continuation of the Factory quest line (we hid the last quest though, since it wasn't properly tested), new side quests, characters, secrets, locations, items, weapons and armours, new animations, better sounds and music, crafting, etc.

Other than that, there are tons of small and not so small improvements and readjustments in the game. Stuff that needed to be done in order for Atom to feel more polished! And now, in the next updates, we won't have to focus so much attention on it :)

Please note that if you don't have a Steam account you will receive a download link in about two weeks (all patches included). This is so, in order to minimize the pressure on our servers. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and we appreciate your understanding!

We have already contacted GOG and are pretty sure that it's only a question of time when Atom will appear there!

So that's that, if you will experience any bugs, mistakes, lag and all of that nasty business, please, don't hesitate to contact us on Steam!

Atom RPG on Steam

And as always!

Thank you for your lasting support and patience, stay safe out there!

D!!

Educated
1,5 hours in.
It's good. Early quests are somewhat generic, but in a nostalgic way - collect mushrooms, repair water pump, find the traitor in a village. Core structure of a game looks more Fallout-like than Underrail, AoD or Wasteland 2. You have a single character and can go anywhere and explore on a global map right from the start. Interface looks very crisp and similiar to Fallout: Tactics. Graphics is okay, there is some attention to details like insects around light sources at night, looks pretty cool:
1511891492.png

1511891500.png
Combat system is not something that should be discussed at the current state of the development. For now, it's barebones, but they're already implemented aimed shots. No Director's Cut needed.
Atmosphere is great. Reminds me more of a Metro series rather than STALKER. My only serious complaint for now are the map borders:
1511892164.png
This is completely unacceptable in 2017.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
qaStaH nuq Codex!

I'm AtomBoy and you might know me from such posts as: "ATOM RPG: Help us get that Greenlight" and "ATOM RPG: Help us get that Kickstarter $$$" both of which are actually this one post. Today, as you might already know thanks to the wonderful Codex admins that posted a news article about us on the front page thank you thank you thank you our little old turn-based Post-Nuclear Wasteland-inspired, USSR-set cRPG is taking yet another step towards maturity in this - the "ATOM RPG: Released on Steam Early Access Today!" post!

It has been a long and arduous journey, filled with bug fixing, writing, translating, and intro making, but we managed to create a good representation of what is to come in 2018, when we finally release the full product - a cRPG that's both a nod to the beloved classics and a breath of fresh air, much needed for those of you, who spent too much time in the company of more blatantly Fallout-esque games than ours. And believe you me, that full version is coming. I had the confidence to promise that when we had zero funding and nothing more than a rickety demo. I sure as hell feel confident promising it to you now, when we have a stable Early Access version that's been beta tested by a whole team, and contains much less flaws and a a fair bit of new content.

Why Early Access? Well, we covered it on Steam, but that's way too official, so here's my interpretation:

1. As simple folks, who are not used to getting crowdfunding money from people we don't know, we simply *need* to show everyone that it was spent on something tangible, something real, something you can already get your hands on to, something you can already have fun with. I think we did a good job showing constant updates on our forum pages / Kickstarter page. But a written update is a written update, - good, but not comparable to grabbing the thing and playing it for yourself to see whether we have really improved.

2. Getting the community involved. We're enthusiasts, we're people that first fell in love with the cRPG genre, then got ideas of their own, and only then taught themselves to make video games. That makes us very close to our player base, made up of the same kind of enthusiasts. And that, in turn, makes our player base's ideas and advice hit home more often than not. We love getting pointers, ideas, wishes, and yeah also bug reports from those who chose to follow our project from such an early date. Everyone will be listened to, everyone will have a chance to leave a mark on that dusty, irradiated husk which is ATOM RPG.

3. Last, but not least - it's the funding. I believe I first said it before we even hit Greenlight - the full game will be there, even if we'll have to work for free, like we did for the first few years of the project. Still, money helps. What we accomplished in half a year thanks to the amazing Kickstarter support, would've taken us much more time and hysterical tantrums otherwise. Each purchase of this Early Access version keeps the terrible, ugly beast known as the Day Job further away from our main crew, and eases the burden for those of us that still contribute for free.

And now to the things you'll be getting, compared to the old Kickstarter demo:

- Looks less like a demo.
- Now we've got a female protagonist, with some unique dialogue options.
- A scripted intro with multiple choices!
- Better graphics with more options.
- MUCH more animations.
- Guns are better. You can also shoot both barrels of a sawed-off shotgun at once, and do it properly! I always wanted that function, because it's cool. You got two barrels, so why use one at a time?!
- More combat induced states.
- A totally original cinematic, not at all reminiscent of Fallout 1!
- A much better UI.
- No more placeholders - everything in the art / sound departments is completely original.
- An update to the survival mechanics.
- More ways to die.
- Around 200 items, which means around 200 cool icons! My favorite is the duct tape!
- Sometimes - battle taunts! And check this out - they're original for each type of encounter. Like, if a woman hits a woman in the stomach, the game will pick a taunt from a completely separate list of phrases than, for example, in case a man punches a woman in the face! Some Dwarf Fortress-like attention to detail over here, amirite?!
- Words of wisdom appear on the death screen!
- An update to the battle system, with an even better update to the battle system soon to follow!
- Crafting - exciting for some, skipable for others!
- Sexy-time music plays during hot coffee moments.
- There's a character named Beetroota. She is named after a beetroot.
- Much more music in general (15+ tracks).
- When playing as a male, with some effort, you can become a homosexual in the Bandit Camp (req. CHA 11).
- More quests (20+, and some of them take A WHILE) Also - some hints to the future of our replay-ability - some of the quests in the Early Access version you can get only if you completely skip some others and vice versa.
- You can friendzone a problematic male NPC.
- More characters - some of them so special, you have like a 10% chance to find them at all, one of them has a trained pig but you can't ride it.
- Much more locations. Some still empty, but good for exploration and larping. The one with the big ship is my favorite! It's gonna be like this cool floating fortress for merchants and mercenaries and totally original too!
- A better translation of the new dialogues.
- A lot of corrections done to the old dialogues.
- 7000 LINES OF DIALOGUE!
- 100K WORDS AND THEN SOME!
- A much more developed world. It's really shaping up to be a unique place, guys. I'm 50% of the writing team, but it managed to surprise even me. It's really there, you know? This weird, funny, crazy place, part brutal, part naive, completely filled with mystery, madness, eldritch horror, some bad lines of dialogue which survived the correction purge, but most of all that good old soviet nostalgia. It'd be an honor if you check us out.

TL;DR - A fair amount bigger than the demo. A lot more polish. A lot more tech improvement.

Na zdorovie, Atomboi!

ss_c9f16739cef2833a7215be2109e40d84998c8e47.600x338.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/ATOM_RPG_Postapocalyptic_indie_game/

Lexxx20

Learned
Hey there, Atom Boy! Grats from staff of GoHa.ru :)

I've got two comments on Early Access version and one question:

1 I think it might be useful to tell the player how to interact with the environment (holding LMB). Or did I miss the hint? Because I actually searched the Steam boards for this info being unable to repair the gererator. Or pickpocket.

2 Same thing with cooking. Something like 'look out for bonefires to cook your food on'. Because you can buy or harvest meat/fish but have hard time searching how to cook it.

3 A question. Will there be perks?.. Without them rolepleying system feels a bit... too simple I guess.

PS Your buddy at the bar is one of the most hilarious NPCs I've come across in RPGs :D

Lexxx20

Learned
Do ordinary backer get a EA key, or is it only the higher tier one?

Because i havent gotten mine
You should have! Every tier starting with $15 gets Ealy Access, accroding to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpghttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atomrpg/atom-rpg:

Pledge US$ 15 or more
Comrade
LIMITED:
+ Your name will be featured in the game credits.
+ Digital Copy of ATOM RPG (Early access included).

I backed at $15 and got mine some time ago. Check your spam folder may be?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i should have it yeah, it seems i still havent got my keys. eh whatever i will wait till weekend before contacting them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom