Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG released on Steam Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: ATOM RPG; ATOM Team

Back in April, we reported about the Kickstarter campaign for ATOM RPG, a Fallout-inspired RPG from Eastern Europe that seemed better than most games of that description. The campaign was a success, not surprising given the low funding goal, and it even reached a few stretch goals. I haven't followed the game's development closely, but it looks like things have been progressing well since then, with regular status updates every few weeks. ATOM isn't due till sometime next year, but it's now in good enough shape for a public release on Steam Early Access. Here's the game's launch trailer, which isn't shy about its influences, and its Early Access FAQ:

Why Early Access?

“There are several reasons.
We want to give to the players who were following the development a chance to experience all the new features.
We want to study the suggestions and complaints that the players may have.
And we want to finance the development of the game till its release in 2018.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“Approximately around five or six months.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“The final release will have a continuation (and conclusion) of the main story, several large side-quest lines, many smaller side-quests and a variety of random encounters. It will also have many more locations (including two large cities and two more global maps).
We also plan to better the battle system, add new recipes to the crafting, include Traits that the player could choose at the beginning of the game, make a tutorial and add a couple of new cut-scenes.
The UI, sounds, animations, graphics, game balance, etc. could also experience a lot of minor and not so minor tweaks depending on the player's reaction.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The early access version features 20+ quests, 75+ unique characters (every one with their own dialogue and portrait), 200+ items, 15+ music tracks, 7000+ lines of dialogues (about 100k words), 50+ locations, English and Russian translations, nonlinear world exploration, possibility to play as a male or as a female, more or less finished UI, crafting system, role-playing system, battle system (albeit some features are not yet implemented), minor survival mechanic, etc.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“The price of the game during the early access stage will be the same as for the finished product.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?

“We want the community to express their opinions about the game features, as well as suggest some new ideas and share what's, in their opinion, works and what needs to be redone! Which will ultimately help us make the game better!”

All Kickstarter backers have received a key for ATOM RPG, and you can get one yourself for the same price they paid, a mere $15. According to today's Kickstarter update, the developers are looking to release the game on GOG as well.

Jokzore

Arbiter
♫ Atom bomb baby, boy she can start
One of those chain reactions in my heart
A big explosion, big and loud
Mushrooms me right up on a cloud ♫

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good that this came up since there aren't yet too many games with contemporary Russia as the setting.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh that sweet ass moment when you enter Codex after a grueling day of hard work to post about your game getting Early Access... And there's already a post about it!!!! And it's TOP OF THE LIST!!!
It's official, guys. Atom RPG is now officially blood bound to the Codex. I'd rename it Grimoire Jr. if I could. You actually care. You help us share the info. You looked it up and posted about it, when my lazy ass was only yet getting ready to type out my own post.
You literally are the best people on the Internet.
Infinitron - you especially!
I'm gonna continue with an official update to my own older post in 30 minutes or so. Thank you so damn much. This is truly humbling.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
just bought this, downloading now

dont know when ill be able to report back due to LIFE but what the hell

Thank you so much! Hit us up on Steam in case of anything - bug reports, crash reports, good reviews, bad reviews, advice, recommendations, etc. we're gonna be doing shifts to reply to everyone!

just bought this, downloading now

dont know when ill be able to report back due to LIFE but what the hell

Thank you so much! Hit us up on Steam in case of anything - bug reports, crash reports, good reviews, bad reviews, advice, recommendations, etc. we're gonna be doing shifts to reply to everyone!

yep, will do

and good luck

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Congrats guys! I suppose all locations are ready? Or some locations will be added only in release version? Thanks!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Spent last of my Star Citizen refund on it, hope it will be good. Atomboy, does it make sense to play it in Russian if I'm fluent in it, or is the native dev language English?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Congrats guys! I suppose all locations are ready? Or some locations will be added only in release version? Thanks!
oh no! what you see now isn't the full size of the game, not by a long shot. lots of big locations are already on the map (some empty, like the ship one), but there will be much more content before we're through.
Spent last of my Star Citizen refund on it, hope it will be good. Atomboy, does it make sense to play it in Russian if I'm fluent in it, or is the native dev language English?
oh totally! 300% yes! while proud of the guys and girls that improved my original english translation, the russian version is still a fair bit prettier. although it has less depeche mode references. we'll even out the differences in the upcoming updates.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Got my key quite some time ago.
Won't spoil myself the finished experience, though ;)
that's understandable, but we are almost sure the savegames will be uncorrupted by future updates, so you can theoretically start your journey now... and continue when the full version hits!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom