Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Atelier Firis: Confirmed for PC - Atelier Sophie out now on Steam

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I like the series, but I don't like them 60€'ish. Good that I still have a stash of PS3 titles to play.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Pre-order for Firis is live:

It's released.

And if you pre-purchased, you'd want to refund it: http://steamcommunity.com/games/527290/announcements/detail/539708459774297322

*IMPORTANT* 10% Launch discount

Pre-purchases of "Atelier Firis: The Alchemist and the Mysterious Journey" had a technical issue where the 10% discount was NOT applied.

The pre-purchase discount is now applied and will remain available for a week after launch. If you pre-purchased the game earlier with the original price, please request a refund and re-purchase the game at the 10% discounted price.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your support.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Time limit is back, world is much bigger and good part of it open right from the start after proloque, reworked alchemy - now you train not only alchemy level but proficiency in production of certain items too, which open traits transfer, better quality etc. No more 1hko bombs and godly equipment +35 to all stats in the first few hours of the game.

duanth123

Arcane
Deliberately failed tests so now i can start over new game plus on very hard.

Same.

A much improved experience.

For anyone interested, the gameplay is better than Sophie, the story worse, the alchemy about even (although they bumped up the traits/effects to an impressive number.) With a bunch of added costume play.

Firis is fucking cute.

images

TigerKnee

Arcane
Basically, it's an RPG where instead of all the game design focus going into the combat system, it goes in-depth into complex crafting mechanics instead and the RPG parts (combat/exploration/etc) are there in order to support crafting rather than the other way round.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is it painfully grindy? because everytime i hear crafting in JRPG it means hours and hours of monster farming and painful, almost physically painful drop rate.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's more about ninja runs. At least on very hard to kill most monsters you need somewhat decent equip and for side bosses you need optimized equip. So you travel to more and more dangerous locations and gather resources, avoiding strong monsters. And when you craft your uber equip you will kill them all, because they have seen your weakness.

TigerKnee

Arcane
Honestly I think grindiness is on a case by case basis - IMO it generally isn't for most games, but some like Sophie fucked it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom