Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Atari announces Baldur's Gate 3!

Spazmo

Erudite
...what? This is the most insane thing I've heard all week.

Sammael

Liturgist
Un-fucking-believeable. And this is coming from someone who has just seen Troy, so I've had it for unpleasant surprises for tonight. I'm off to bed.

Briosafreak

Augur
Almost everyone in Europe has a java-enabled cellphone these days, and the production costs are actually low, so it makes sense. I`m sticking a space bar on mine just in case :)

suibhne

Erudite
Wow.

So I guess this was the source of all the Baldur's Gate 3 rumors?

I mean ... Just wow. Wow.

Rosh

Erudite
Jung said:
Where are they going to fit teh spacebar on a cell phone? :lol:

Best line ever. Actually, the spacebar is coupled together with the 0 button. That way they can pause the game and ask the operator how to have the combat play itself for them, all in one!

Then they can call it INNOVASHUN!

Sammael said:
Un-fucking-believeable. And this is coming from someone who has just seen Troy, so I've had it for unpleasant surprises for tonight. I'm off to bed.

I think it was best put as what I heard from someone leaving the theater, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here. Their delivery was a bit better.

"I was guessing that the real reason for the war was for the homoerotic love interest between Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom's characters. Face it, they're prettier than Helen and she's supposed to have been the cause for the fleet to sail. Well, you know, the Greeks were into those things..."

If you want bad movies, get ready. I just saw the cable trailer for...Garfield: The Movie.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I smll a lot of crybabies in this thread. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Avin

Liturgist
already knew it. i would like to know what kind of graphics will it have.

next: fallout for nokia.

4too

Arcane
Subscription To Unsafe At Any Speed ....

Will the game be available to only those with a cell phone service contract?

Are these cell phones priced competively with GameBoy Advances? Saw Eye Of The Beholder for GBA priced as a lost leader ...

I think most state laws ban TV's from the front seat, as it will distract the driver.
After the first thousand and two accidents caused by these Children of Bhaal, will these Game-Phones be banned from ALL automobile use?

Another technopimp wants $40 a month on top of all the other "must haves",,.

... and i've seen "kid's' with $2000 plus PC systems and $50 dollar a month broadband links, and all they can manage is to shop on e-bay and type l33t speek with their AOL buddies ... while children in china are ... wait it's the kids in china that have the game playing cell phones !!!!!!!!

Imagine doing the MOL play while driving through your last, red light....

4too

Ortchel

Liturgist
I'm far too stoned to even begin to ponder this atrocity ..

/groan

/twitch

Voss

Erudite
I don't really think its an atrocity... just really stupid.
Wrong kind of thing for the wrong kind of platform, and they're jumping into a relatively new market with something complex and probably costly. And it'll be shallow and half-assed to boot, so it really isn't going to make anyone happy.

What did you guys expect. All the development companies just wait for something like this to come along so they can all jump on the bandwagon. their development and marketing sections advise them that there is unrealistic amounts of revenue to be generated from these emergent technologies. When it all goes ass shaped the marketing will just attribute it to shifts in the key demographic. These guys haven't got a fucking notion of what gamers actually want, I genuinely feel a burning emotional hatred for them all and wish them as much physical harm as a human body can take before death. Promptly followed by death.

rhysling

Novice
some of the classic rpgs like ultima 4 were made to run on equipment with less power and worse graphics (apple 2) than these phones. i have a question though. apple 2 was pretty standard. are these phones compatible with each other? and how do you load the game into the phone? maybe there could be some kind of emulator to play it on pc.

that being said, i'm expecting this game to be a cross between mario golf and diablo. hehe

Ortchel

Liturgist
The entire Baldur's Gate series is an atrocity as far as I'm concerned.

taks

Liturgist
for the record, grok (atari PR guy) has stated that these games are not the ones he was referring to when he mentioned BG3 and NWN2... oh yeah, he also said NWN is being ported, too, maybe...

taks

Avin

Liturgist
Sammael said:

and, by the way, there's a rumor that tha game will have a black hound in... :P

ATTENTION, IF YOU REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TROY IS ABOUT BETTER STOP READING FURTHER (now, come on...)

i went to the movie with my girlfriend see troy. a girl in front of us asked her friend: "what is this? a horse?" ... and, when the movie ends: "it was a shame that brad pitt died... and hector... i didn't liked it".

the joke is that orlando bloom has STR 4 and DEX 24. he doesn't have weapon finesse and he should have tried the bow from the beginning.

aghs.

suibhne

Erudite
Briosafreak said:
No spoilers Alvin !

Hey, if you're a literate and well-read member of Western culture then you already know that Agamemnon and Menelaus live - oh, wait. :roll:

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
This is great! Now I can name my new cellphone created brain tumor: "Boo, the Miniature Giant Space Tumor"! :D
Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

Sorry.. I couldn't resist...

Anonymous

In the movie 'The Passion of Christ', Jesus dies in the end.

J.E. Sawyer

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
Dude, I heard that Brad Pitt plays this totally tough brah named Troy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom