Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assetto Corsa

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
new hardcore racing sim, the graphics look amazing.

AC07_laserscan_final_result_3dmodeling.png

http://quikk.se/?648335

http://quikk.se/?964823

http://quikk.se/?813272

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
But how's the hardcore driving part? That building looks very realistic though.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Hardcore meaning realistic and not arcade.

Also it's probably a pc exclusive (inb4 Skyway and pc superiority)

dbx

Arcane
Patron
But how's the hardcore driving part? That building looks very realistic though.
It's from the same guys behind netkar Pro, so simulation-wise should be very good.

That building look like the one near the start of the Imola race track.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Just started playing this, impressive and great looking sim. The only thing that annoyed me was that I had to tweak an ini file to disable position markers. For those interested: find proximity_indicator.ini and set HIDE=1. You can use ctrl + h and F9 to hide the rest of the HUD.

Devs announced that they will patch in Lamborghinis :love:

Took some screenshots

screenshot_lotus_49_m32uc4.jpg
A5433BA058A7C9DE1AD257C94BCEDB620DC3DA2C

91641A02AFDC28FBE5982CB75F6E77D1488EB1AC

101221CB568CDFCB6C80A0457DC9DDA62EDA53D3

Last edited:

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
Just started playing this, impressive and great looking sim. The only thing that annoyed me was that I had to tweak an ini file to disable position markers. For those interested: find proximity_indicator.ini and set HIDE=1.

Devs announced that they will patch in Lamborghinis :love:

I do like how in the video welcoming Lamborghini the car in the thumbnail is a McLaren P1

dbx

Arcane
Patron
For 4 euros probably yes.
The online part is devoid of life right now, and there's no AI from what I remember.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Found this info on the official forum:

Dreampack DLC:

Nürburgring Nordschleife
-
Sauber Mercedes C9
Corvette C7R GTE
Nissan GTR GT3
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
McLaren P1
McLaren F1 GTR
BMW M235iRacing VLN
Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2

----------------------------------------------------

Free Content after 1.0 (released when ready):
-
Zandvoort
Monza 1962
Silverstone Historical 60's
-
Nissan GTR Nismo
Corvette Stingray C7
Abarth 595ss vintage
Abarth 500 Assetto Corse (race car)
Toyota GT86
Alfa Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
Scuderia Glickenhaus p4/5
Audi R8 Plus (2014)
Audi S1 Quattro
Lotus Exige R-Cup
SC P4/5 Comp. 2012 Hybrid

------------------------------------------------------------

Future DLC content (content which has been announced but without release/DLC info)
-
Circuit de Catalunya
-
Toyota Supra MK IV
Toyota Celica
Toyota AE-86
Toyota GT-86 GT4
Toyota TS040 HYBRID
Lambo Aventador
Lambo Huracan GT3
Lambo Asterion
Lambo Miura SV
Lambo Countach
Lambo Gallardo GT3
Lambo Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
Lambo veneno
Lambo Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera
Ruf RT 35 S
2015 Ford Mustang
Ford GT
Audi R8 LMS

-----------------------------------------------------------

Possible future content but not 100% sure (yet):
-
Brands Hatch
-
Audi R18 E-tron Quattro

All modern tracks in this game are laser scanned.

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
The driving part of the game is great fun but sadly the career mode is rather weak and simplistic. It was probably just an afterthought. It is strange how uninteresting they always make the career mode even in main stream titles like Gran Turismo and Forza. The career mode in NFS Porsche Unleashed is still the best I've ever seen.

The AI has improved a lot from what it used to be (a time bomb) and it is a challenge.

The golden age of super cars is pretty nicely represented in the game what with F40, Yellowbird, and the upcoming Countach making an appearance though it is a shame that EA has Porsche locked down so tightly which makes 959 just a pipe dream. (Though truthfully the car from Porsche I'd want simulated the most is the 917K.) As far as PC sims go the game has easily the best roster of cars though I gather that the online community would like to have more cars in the same classes (for multiplayer variety.)

They also complain that the game has no night, no weather, and currently no flag system (though flags are coming later.) Personally I care little for any of those except the flags.

Found this info on the official forum:
Looking at that list one might make the assumption that the game will have the Group B Audi S1 Quattro but note that it is actually the 2014 version if I remember correctly...

I.e. not this:
S1_1-86montesm.jpg

but this:
Audi-S1-2014-Genfer-Salon-Sport-Kleinwagen-A1-quattro-01.jpg

Also, as an addition to the list:
-Ford GT40 (the original)
-Ford GT GT3
According to this interview (in Italian):
http://www.drivingitalia.net/index....sa-drivingitalia-intervista-massarutto-r21779

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
The driving part of the game is great fun but sadly the career mode is rather weak and simplistic. It was probably just an afterthought. It is strange how uninteresting they always make the career mode even in main stream titles like Gran Turismo and Forza. The career mode in NFS Porsche Unleashed is still the best I've ever seen.

The AI has improved a lot from what it used to be (a time bomb) and it is a challenge.

The golden age of super cars is pretty nicely represented in the game what with F40, Yellowbird, and the upcoming Countach making an appearance though it is a shame that EA has Porsche locked down so tightly which makes 959 just a pipe dream. (Though truthfully the car from Porsche I'd want simulated the most is the 917K.)
Good thing the Porsche exclusivity to EA expires this year

Looking at that list one might make the assumption that the game will have the Group B Audi S1 Quattro but note that it is actually the 2014 version if I remember correctly...

I.e. not this:
S1_1-86montesm.jpg

but this:
Audi-S1-2014-Genfer-Salon-Sport-Kleinwagen-A1-quattro-01.jpg
:prosper:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Have been playing this with a g27 wheel over the past few weeks and I must say:
Oh god it's heaven.
I never owned a proper wheel before, very glad I finally decided to buy one.

het1954example_bigrcurr.jpg

never again

I found some nice custom tracks, below are some of my favorites:
Westwood 1990
Solitude Rennstrecke 1964
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Longford 1967

I'm using this mod, it improves the game's visuals in a subtle way.

kklk23dmuq3.jpg

:smug:
dosbox2015-02-0217-19xmufb.jpg

Assetto Corsa's RUF is also pretty sweet.
screenshot_ruf_yellow2aux3.jpg

/blogdex

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Assetto Corsa - Dream Pack 1 appeared on Steam
- Features the legendary Nurburgring-Nordschleife circuit in three all-new layouts: Nurburgring-Nordschleife, Tourist, Endurance.
- Features the Bridge To Gantry mode, that allows to simulate the real track day rules of Nurburgring.
- Features Alfa Romeo 4C, GTA and 155 Ti V6 ‘93
- Features BMW M235i Race car
- Features GM Corvette C7r GTE
- Features McLaren P1 and F1 GTR
- Features Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and C9
- Features Nissan GT-R NISMO 2014 GTR

ATM it costs 10€ and it unlocks in approximately 1 week, and 1 hour...

I was hoping for some sweet, sweet Lamborghinis but I will definitely :d-7p: this expansion pack.

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
Nordschleife is my absolute favorite track so this was a no-brainer. I don't really understand why someone would want to drive the tourist version instead of the proper closed-off version as it's probably just annoying to not be able to finish the main straight properly. At least in real life it was as I drove a few laps there some years ago. The version in Gran Turismo 5 was already very close to real-life but a proper laser-scanned version is of course welcome.

Out of the new cars the Sauber-Mercedes C9 is the one I'm waiting for.
41788.jpg

Probably the pinnacle of 24 hours of Le Mans. It's funny how they successfully neutered almost all of the top racing series during the second half of the 80s. (Turbos gone from F1, Group C got smaller engines, Group B gone completely)

Whether you buy the DLC or not the free 1.1 patch should also be coming next week so for those waiting for flags instead of those frustrating 5 second penalties:
Flag and rules
The next build will introduce race flag and rules, including yellow, blue and black flags, both in single and in multiplayer.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't we have another longer thread about this game? Don't make me call infinitron in for a mergin'.

Missed the expansion pack, and I haven't played much recently (yeah I know cool story bro). Mainly posting to keep track of the thread.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Changelog of the upcoming 1.1 patch

- Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
– Improved AI
– Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
– Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
– Added custom weather selection
– Improved Pedals App
– Rendering performance optimizations
– Particle rendering optimiziations
– Render Stats form now features units
– Added “final” damage for high speed impacts
– Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
– Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
– Fixed camera car not using FOV value
– Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
– Updated FMod to 1.05.12
– Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
– Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
– Improved positional surface sounds
– Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
– Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
– Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
– AI race starts greatly improved
– Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
– Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
– Fixed “fast” height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
– FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
– Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
– Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
– UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
– Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
– Added live axle suspension geometry
– [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if damage is used.
– AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
– A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
– Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
– Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
– Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first checkpoint.
– Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
– Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Astral Rag

Arcane
Assetto Corsa v1.3 and Dreampack 2 available!!!
8 October - Luca
Assetto Corsa version 1.3 introduces some great improvements to the core game engine and new features to the physics engine.

The game now supports native 64-bit code. The physics engine has been reworked and is now completely multithreaded. As a result, the driving precision is augmented, the accuracy has further improved and the physics solver has enough horsepower to completely resolve any difficult calculations at any speed, achieving butter-smooth Force Feedback and a complete elimination of signal noise and vibrations.

Assetto Corsa’s top-class physics engine has been constantly evolving and improving. The AC physics code already includes various industry-first features, such as advanced active aerodynamics, four-wheel drive simulation with active differentials, realistic driving assists systems, unique hybrid engines simulation and advanced tyre-wear features, such as blistering, graining and flat spots.

With version 1.3 we now present you a completely reworked tyre model that includes new features in connection with tyre-speed sensitivity, combined grip, slip angles and ratios, load sensitivity, rolling resistance and most importantly, separated heating for surface and core temperatures. As a result, driving in Assetto Corsa is now more realistic than ever. The driving experience is more natural while at the same time also more challenging at the limit. Real-life features such as driving carefully in the first two laps to heat the tyres or taking it easy to cool down overheated tyres after a spin, the handling of the car changing from turn to turn depending on your driving style or as a result of driver errors and choosing the correct tyre compound depending on the track and car combination and also your driving style will now become part of your daily driving experience in Assetto Corsa.

We did not stop at the tyres though. We have improved the ABS system and now depending on the car, Assetto Corsa supports different generations of ABS systems using 1 to 4 channels. We have enabled active differentials also for RWD cars, such as the brand new BMW M4, which is part of the Dream Pack 2 DLC. We also have improved the height sensitivity of front splitters and diffusers making their influence more complex from a setup engineering point of view and more demanding from the aspect of the driver, creating an overall more satisfactory experience for everyone.

Do not just drive by memory some binary data values that resemble cars on your screen. Drive cars that are “alive”, constantly changing their behaviour from turn to turn as a response to your personal driving style.

Assetto Corsa 1.3 Changelog
- 64bit build
- Car physics is now calculated in separate threads
- Fixed KERS disabled in pitlane
- Added soft locks (use [SOFT_LOCK] ENABLED=1 in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini)
- Added support for DRS zones
- acServer is now stressing much less Go' GC and should offer more stable performances
- Added FORCE_TGT to force low res timer in assetto_corsa.ini
- acServer is now using Go 1.5, faster GC
- Added server welcome message
- Fixed gear ratio appearing with a double "/" in setup screen
- Fixed acServer unable to read ini values with a "=" character (ex AUTH)
- Fixed driver name displayer not obeying to saved settings in MP
- Fixed acServer not creating "results" folder automatically
- New algorithms to calculate skid volumes and pitch, now working globally in the entire simulation
- Added grain and blister readings in the setup info screen
- Added downshift protection to gearboxes
- Lap count is now reported using 16bit unsigned integer to server plugins
- Now using triple buffer when vsync is on to reduce latency
- Exposure settings are now persistent
- Fixed audio clicks on surface events
- Tyre flat spots are now taking into account tyre softness
- Windscreens now receive shadows
- ksEditor: now it uses the same ingame engine.
- ksEditor: added project menagement
- ksEditor: added user personalizations
- ksEditor: added floating windows and layout system
- ksEditor: added Weather and PPfilter loader
- ksEditor: added recent files/project management
- ksEditor: added node filter in scene panel
- ksEditor: added Material by Texture in Materials panel
- ksEditor: added scene icons and side function buttons
- ksEditor: added texture detail on Material panel
- ksEditor: added Texture Review windows in Utilities
- ksEditor: fixed reload texture function
- ksEditor: now the default CultureInfo is en-US (number format, ect)
- ksEditor: added FOV, Near Plane Slider, Mouse sensitivity, camera angle and position under Viewport
- ksEditor: added Dashboard tab
- acServerManager: removed some upper limits on parameters
- acServerManager: preset name/description is more clear
- acServerManager: added welcome message
- acServerManager: added qualify limit
- acServerManager: added fixed setup management
- acServerManager: fixed upload on ftp. Now cfg folder is not deleted.
- Fixed driver textures on serveral cars
- Fixed circuit outline on track selection UI
- Camera Dev App now save F1 cameras' exposure and pitch, F6 cameras' exposure, fov and position and angle
- Removed background from Performance Delta App
- Redesigned and faster code for logging
- Updated Tyres V5 for GT2 and GT3 cars, should give less understeer.
- Zonda R and Ferrari 599XX and Formula Abarth now have V5 tyres.
- Less lift off oversteer for Evora S on street tyres V5
- GT3 and GT2 cars updated aero stalling for front splitter and diffuser
- GT3 slight performance balancing
- Mclaren MP4 GT3 tyre corrections
- Fixed TC digital item showing 0 based index when multiple TC level are available
- Now showing Cold and Hot pressure readings in setup status
- Added "NA" for IMO temps reading when no set has been swapped out
- Added support for track dynamic objects
- It is now possible to join a server using admin passoword and be automatically granted admin rights
- Joining a server with admin password will override the session "closed" status
- Added "ban_id" admin command to ban a user and send straight to blacklist
- Remote cars in multiplayer now generate skidmarks
- Fixed EDL wrong calculation order

Welcome to DREAM PACK 2, the newest add-on content pack ASSETTO CORSA.

This package adds to Assetto Corsa the circuit of Catalunya (Barcelona) and seven new awesome cars in nine total versions. The circuit has been reproduced for the first time in a PC racing simulation using the Laserscan Technology, that guarantees the maximum level of precision in reproducing each detail of the track. The selection of cars consists in a perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, type and ages, ready to satisfy any taste of Assetto Corsa users!

- Features the Catalunya circuit in two all-new layouts: GP and MotoGP.
- Features AUDI R8 Ultra 2014
- Features BMW M4 Coupé
- Features BMW M4 Coupé Akrapovic Edition
- Features FORD GT40 MKI
- Features LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 5000 Quattro Valvole
- Features LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GT3
- Features RUF RT12 R
- Features Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003

The Circuit of Catalunya
The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is a motorsport race track in Montmeló, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. With long straights and a variety of corners, the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya is seen as an all-rounder circuit.
Length: 4655 mt

The cars

AUDI R8 Ultra 2014
BMW M4 Coupé
BMW M4 Coupé Akrapovic Edition
FORD GT40 MKI
LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 5000 Quattro Valvole
LAMBORGHINI HURACAN GT3
RUF RT12 R RWD
RUF RT12 R AWD
Scuderia Glickenhaus SCG003
- Features LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH 5000 Quattro Valvole

:d1p:

Last edited:

Declinator

Arbiter
The Countach was actually much more fun to drive in the game than I thought it would be. It does not have a particularly good rep in real life as I understand it.

The GT40 on the other hand is a very very delicious car. Possibly my favourite in the game. The end of the 60s and start of the 70s in endurance racing prototypes often seems to be the sweet spot for me in racing games. Very wild and not that much downforce (delightful instability at high speeds) but still so very fast. In the 80s the prototypes at least start to become just too perfect to be all that much fun to drive. Now if only we had the 330 P3/P4 in the game to compete with the GT40...Also would have been nice if the GT40 had had the MK II engine as an upgrade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom