Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Assassin's Greed

Unwanted

elicebmikrod

Unwanted
I find controllers to be incredibly awkward to use and feel way more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard. Yes, I even prefer the horribly clunky M&KB controls of Dark Souls to using a controller with that game.
Great argument. If a console gamer finds a KB and mouse awkward to use and finds controllers more comfortable that means that KB and mouse is stupid and useless, right?

Or he just stated how a lot of PC gamers feels like. Fact is regardless of habit, you have way less potential control with a controller than a mouse and keyboard. Try pitting console FPS players against PC players in a cross platform experiment.

This is also why there's almost no RTS for consoles and porting a game like BG2 would never work.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'll just do a general comment that when it comes to popular mutiplatform games the ratio is 90% consoles and 10% PC. So playing with a controller is most of the time "the way its meant to be played".

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I find controllers to be incredibly awkward to use and feel way more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard. Yes, I even prefer the horribly clunky M&KB controls of Dark Souls to using a controller with that game.
Great argument. If a console gamer finds a KB and mouse awkward to use and finds controllers more comfortable that means that KB and mouse is stupid and useless, right?

Or he just stated how a lot of PC gamers feels like.
No, you missed half the conversation.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I find the controls, story and half the missions to be terrible. However I really enjoy walking around the historical environments. That's the reason to play the games. When they're $10 or less you can get them and treat them like virtual city tours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom