Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Astral Rag

Arcane
Ubisoft in August:

"Finally, we are committed to improving the optimization of our games for each platform on which they're released – including PC."

:lol:

Ubisoft philosophy:

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Steam is showing the same specs, Ubisoft stopped trying to optimize their games at all.

When did they ever try? For Black Fag even the autopatcher is so broken you can't play the game if you patch it, until you manually download some files and put it in the game folder.

And then things get worse from there on.

Stella Brando

Arcane
My name is Stalin Brando and I like Assassin's Creed.

I have a hard on for pretty buildings, especially Italian ones. I'm interested in architecture and history.

I enjoyed being a tourist in Assassin's Creed II: The Da Vinci Code, never played AC III: The Patriot or AC IV: Pirates of the Caribbean.

I like the sound of AC V: Les Miserables.

There's very little High Culture in Pop Culture, I'll take Assassin's Creed if that's what's on offer.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
The Patriot was the best one by far though. IV was just taking a kind of neat mini game from 3, retconning a retarded "real world" storyline in and turning it into a full game. Plus no Johnny Depp.

And V is no Les Miserables, it's set before then. More like AC V:Marie Antionette but hopefully less shit and we actually get to see heads roll.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
AC IV worked fine for me on my low-end backup laptop - it was actually surprisingly well-optimized for a Ubisoft game. Those Unity requirements must be really bloated.

Divinity: Original Sin
I heard the paris scale will be like 1:1... with interiors. There will be a lot more people on streets... even then, I believe my GTX 670 will handle it ok.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
usually shadows kill everything so just by turning them down or off a game plays a lot better has been my experience. even games a given rig should run well overheat the card with shadows on full compared to medium, low, or off.

abija

Prophet
7970 minimum? Are they trying to one up beth and activision on retarded requirements?
According to steam hw survey that's less than 10% of the market for minimum specs.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Not even 10% will buy the game on the PC though. Everyone knows the Gaystation version of AC is best

Gord

Arcane
Since AC games are a boring snoozefest after the sightseeing wears off (which was admittedly great in AC2), I don't really care, but somehow I suspect my old Phenom II + GTX460 would still be able to play it just fine after some tinkering. Why would they make a game that only ~15% of the potential customers could play at all (when a similar part of them would then go ahead and buy it)?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ubisoft Kiev is the responsible for the port, they shitted over AC 4 so much... I played Ac III a little before giving up because the derp was too strong, played AC IV that has the same fucking graphical fidelity of AC III but somehow required a way more powerful PC. If Ubisoft Kiev continue on the tradition, the port of this thing will be pretty bad.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They're in bed with console constructors. First they make sure that the games do not look better. Then they announce fake system requirements (remember Ghosts and its 6GB requirement that only used 2 or 3 ?). The only logical next step is to make sure they are slow on PCs. You can bet they'll eventually stop porting these games, claiming with surprise it is not worth the cost of the port even though it's still x86 hardware.

You can expect them to come back crying and optimize their shit again when Sony and Microsoft stop building consoles, which should be at the end of this gen.

crystalball.jpg

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Notre Dame, bro. Probably wont buy it on day one but when it comes to 10 euro mark its mine.

Ubi Kiev also did Trials Fusion port. Its locked to 60fps and runs in slow motion if your PC cant handle it. Pretty similar but opposite from that EA Need for Speed game that was locked to 30fps and if you wanna run it at 60fps the game would run twice as fast.

Stella Brando

Arcane
You can listen to the listen to the University of Ohio's History of Architecture: Part I Here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/course/history-of-architecture-i/id570008367

I listened to all of it. It includes the professor's powerpoints, so you can see what she's talking about it.

There's no Part II, but Part I covers Greece, Rome, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque, which is probably better than whatever bullshit is in Part II.

There's some modern wankery in the first hour or two, just keep plugging at it.

A good way to get minecraft inspiration er, learn about our culture and heritage.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'll listen to a woman talking about history the day I'll listen to a man talking about raising babies, applying make-up and making sandwiches.

To add this shitty game's thread, yesterday I saw marketing of it in the UFC 179 in Rio. My brothers went to the event and came back early to watch the final fights in the comfort of home with me (!?). They were thrilled about Ass Ass in Creed: Unity. I'd rather stick to MMA, since this game's fighting system is beneath Abysmal. And don't get me started on how shitty the stealth system is. Or worse, the lore and plots.

If you want to learn a bit about our architecture and art history I recommend this book for starters: http://www.amazon.com/The-Story-Art-E-H-Gombrich/dp/0714832472

Deleted member 7219

Those system reqs are extremely high. My PC doesn't even meet minimum. My RAM is ok, and I have a lot of VRAM but my GeForce 560TI is now getting on a bit - and my processor is a Core 2 Quad.

Looks like I won't be playing this until I can get a new PC.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
And all that tech in favor of a shitty game. Imagine an actual good game that looked like this:

Assassins-Creed-Unity-2.jpg

What a fucking waste.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I skipped over the gpu upgrade I was planning a while back but I'll be getting a 780 this week from my lill bro so I'll be set to run it on 1080/high hopefully.
I have a feeling that min req's are full of shit tho, they should be working hard to fuck up the optimisation if thats the case.
But you never know, even that Dead something game from XBone came out with shitty optimisation. Even TotalBisquit made a video how it runs like shit on his double Titans and SSD.
So it can be some truth to it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Min requirements are probably shit again, just like Watch_Dogs.

abija

Prophet
With a video card that ran WD on max settings you don't meet minimum for AC:Unity...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom