Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games
dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png

One of this fall's big Assassin's Creed games, called or code-named Unity, is set at least partly in 18th-century Paris, according to early leaked screenshots obtained by Kotaku.P

These screenshots, sent to me by a source who requested anonymity, show Unity's new assassin roaming around what appears to be Paris. You can see Notre Dame, the Seine River, and other Parisian landmarks, and the shots are very clearly from an early version of the game.P

What's more, this is just one of two major Assassin's Creed games that will be out later this year, according to a number of sources. Unity will be for the current-gen consoles—Xbox One and PS4—while a second game, possibly called or code-named Comet, will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3. Presumably one or both versions will also be on PC. Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U.1P

This information comes both from web chatter and our own conversations with developer sources. For months now we've heard rumors and rumblings about what could be the next installment in Ubisoft's popular assassin-parkour series, which has been released on an annual schedule for five years now. There's been a new major Assassin's Creed every fall since 2009.P

Interesting as all this is, the prospect of two major AC games this fall is particularly noteworthy. Some might be excited that Ubisoft is liberating their teams from the shackles of cross-gen development for Unity, which won't have to make any compromises to fit into last-gen hardware. But some critics have already accused Ubisoft of milking the Assassin's Creedfranchise—in the past five months alone we've seen Black Flag, the mobile game Pirates, the HD remakes of Liberation, and an Assassin's Creed board game called Arena. Two new games this fall could add to Assassin's Creed's reputationas an overused series.P

ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png

A few weeks ago, rumors about Unity popped up on the gaming forum NeoGAF, and were later corroborated by Examiner's Nicholas Gigante, who has been correct about Ubisoft-related rumors in the past. The gist: Unity is one of two Assassin's Creed games this fall; Unity is set during the French Revolution; Unity stars an assassin named Arno. This all matches up with rumblings we've heard in conversations with our own developer sources. It also meshes with the screenshots we've obtained (all posted below).2P

Last month, Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond told AdWeek that the next game in the franchise would be set during her "favorite historical era." A fake internal e-mail in last year'sAssassin's Creed IV hinted at a number of potential historical settings for future games in the series, one of which was the French Revolution. Last year at E3, Ubisoft boss Yves Guillemot told Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo that they had three Assassin's Creeds in development.3P

When reached by Kotaku this morning, Ubisoft declined to comment on this story.P

You can see all of the leaked screenshots below. It's worth noting: these are early screenshots of an unfinished game. The final product will likely look different, and we hear the textures will look much better when Unity is out later this year. (Also, some of these city plazas will probably look less empty.)4P

One notable new feature: there are now buttons to "parkour" up and down. I hear this is part of a new Assassin's Creed navigation mechanic that will debut when Unity releases this fall.P

xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png

ejqhpkhsm7oa7dy5e2fq.png

w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I love the Assassins Creed series, because i can play them casually without any thought or response. I can hold one button to do all the parkour automatically, and there's no need for boring stealth since i can just run in and finish my targets. Combat also takes no time to dominate: the toughest fights require a single button being properly timed and that's already enough to completely kill even the hardest enemies (The counter attack takedown thingy). This is very immersive because a badass assassin would never lose a fight like that, to just a group of heavily-armored highly trained peacekeepers. Another thing i love is how i can blend in a group of monks or sit down on a bench and have nobody notice me eventhough i'm covered in leather belts with all sorts of deadly weapons. It's, uhm. Immersive.

Okay nevermind, i can't fool anyone. I hate AssCreed. But a new one is hardly surprise, we're getting one what, every year?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ubisoft reasoning:
1 Ass creed - 2 Ass creeds - 4 Ass creeds -8 Ass creeds - 16 Ass creeds - 32 Ass creeds - 76 Ass creeds ... 20 raised to the fourth power Ass creeds, if the number of Ass creeds can grow exponentially it means that the number of dollar notes obtained can grow exponentially too. I'm a genius!

I kinda liked Ass Creed before it got infected with dumb SJW bullshit that made the horrible story even more awful.

Machocruz

Arcane
So much nice aesthetics wasted on so much banal, shit, and boring. AC2 was cool for a minute, but I can't understand the long-lasting appeal of these games. They are paper thin, with little difference between each iteration. It's like playing different editions of Candyland.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I kinda liked Ass Creed before it got infected with dumb SJW bullshit that made the horrible story even more awful.
What SJW bullshit is there? I haven't played an Asscreed since Brotherhood.
Until Brotherhood it was free of that shit as it concentrated more on a personal story but after that it got worse and worse. In Revelations the muslim prince sweat is made of peace, flowers and goodness while the christians are evil fascists that wants, ohh terrible... Expel the Muslim invaders and take Constantinople back. Ass Creed III gets Pocahontas syndrome and shows the indians suffering on the hands of the evil white man that are made of evil sociophats while the indians blood is made of pure goodness .

Guess what happens on the story? If you guessed that the indian tribe is destroyed and the protagonist is betrayed by evil white men people, you guessed right. Without mentioning that Freedom Cry and Liberation bullshit that defend that the right solution to slavery is to murder every white person that maybe involved with it. It is so manipulative and lacking any of the complexities of the time. It is history for dumb people.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Knowing Ubisoft PC will get the last-gen version so more people can run it.

I'm amazingly bored of this series anyway. Black Flag was a breath of fresh air and got me back into it, but as soon as I think about another one set in Paris I just begin having stomach cramps of dread about actually playing it. I think I'm done.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
none of the assassin's creed games were any good.

also
Sorry, Nintendo fans: I haven't yet heard anything about Wii U
wii u wasn't very long-lived

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What SJW bullshit is there? I haven't played an Asscreed since Brotherhood.
Until Brotherhood it was free of that shit as it concentrated more on a personal story but after that it got worse and worse. In Revelations the muslim prince sweat is made of peace, flowers and goodness while the christians are evil fascists that wants, ohh terrible... Expel the Muslim invaders and take Constantinople back. Ass Creed III gets Pocahontas syndrome and shows the indians suffering on the hands of the evil white man that are made of evil sociophats while the indians blood is made of pure goodness .

Guess what happens on the story? If you guessed that the indian tribe is destroyed and the protagonist is betrayed by evil white men people, you guessed right. Without mentioning that Freedom Cry and Liberation bullshit that defend that the right solution to slavery is to murder every white person that maybe involved with it. It is so manipulative and lacking any of the complexities of the time. It is history for dumb people.

:lol:

So you liked one of the shittiest, most rehashed video game series until it offended your delicated sensibilities? What does that remind you of?

agris

Arcane
Patron
is the first asscreed worth playing on PC? i have some tolerance for ARPG.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
is the first asscreed worth playing on PC? i have some tolerance for ARPG.

It's not an ARPG, it's an action game. It has some stealth elements but 90% of that is "social stealth" like acting normal on a crowd or whatever. The vast majority of gameplay is running away from guards or fighting guards, which is super derp easy because all you have to do is hold block and hit the counter-attack button.

That real reason to play these games is to run around in and explore nicely represented cities from the past. There's really nothing else.

DeepOcean

Arcane
:lol:

So you liked one of the shittiest, most rehashed video game series until it offended your delicated sensibilities? What does that remind you of?
Nope, I would ignore the terrible story if it had decent gameplay, I'm not mad at the SJWs influences per se but Assassin Creed series story is a bunch of random movie cliches stitched together without any respect for pacing, characterization or to the basic good writing rules. They are written by someone that has the writing talent of David Gayder but is a terrible heroin addict. The thing that really made stopping playing was that in AC 2 you had a target to kill, he was in the middle of a building surrounded by guards and you had the freedom to chose the way he dies. AC 3 just gone cinematic popamole with very few of it's missions following the AC 2 format, 75% of the missions involved running from A to B or doing stupid mini games.

ColCol

Arcane
I wish assassin's creed involved assassinating instead of just running up and murdering loads of people.

Drakron

Arcane
In Revelations the muslim prince sweat is made of peace, flowers and goodness while the christians are evil fascists that wants, ohh terrible... Expel the Muslim invaders and take Constantinople back.

I am not sure what level of retard are you talking about because moment they got stuck with Assassin/Templar for ... well everything it was not like you would be helping the Italian states to take back Constantinople since ...

A) The whole crap in ACII
B) That didnt happened in reality now didnt it?

They have to obey some basic historical accuracy and they had to that whole Templar thing because they apparently believe their audience is THAT stupid that would not understand a name change (this is why the further it gets from the middle ages the more ridiculous it sounds) from Templars to something else.

As for whats his name ... nobody apparently liked him much since they dropped him, then again it doesnt exactly helped his case the "bad guy" in AC III was 20 times better that "have a personality of wood".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom