Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
LOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Wikipedo says there's already a new one announced, Assassin's Creed Victory. For the end of 2015.

They didn't give two shits about fixing Black Fag for the PC, and they probably won't even give one for Unity. Any of you retarded enough to give Ubisoft even more money?

Deleted member 7219

LOLOLOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Wikipedo says there's already a new one announced, Assassin's Creed Victory. For the end of 2015.

They didn't give two shits about fixing Black Fag for the PC, and they probably won't even give one for Unity. Any of you retarded enough to give Ubisoft even more money?

What was broken in Black Flag?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron

What was broken in Black Flag?

The autopatcher/spyware suite was borked. If you just installed it, the game ran but incredibly slowly and the graphics looked bad. And you couldn't access Kenway's Fleet or any other online stuff. Then if you let it patch it would refuse to run at all and just show a black screen. Only way to get it running was to get a certain file somewhere (from a torrent or someone else who had it) and replace the one the patch downloaded. Then it worked fine, but it was a workaround to a problem that should never have existed and one they never bothered fixing.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Ubisoft never bothers fixing games after a certain time period. The last Far Cry 3 patch halved my performance. They'll never fix that, obviously.

It's just how they do business. Support a game until it stops being profitable and then drop it like it's hot. Blame the retards who keep buying their shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-13-assassins-creed-unity-and-rogue-shipped-10m-copies
Assassin's Creed: Unity and Rogue shipped 10m copies combined
Despite "painful" development.

Last year Ubisoft shipped a combined 10m copies of last year's Assassin's Creed: Unity and Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

jpg

Unity launched in November for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, alongside Rogue for PS3 and Xbox 360. A PC version of Rogue is due to launch next month.

By comparison, Ubisoft announced last May that it had shipped 11m copies of 2013 title Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - released across all of the same platforms. With five months of sales still to go it is likely that 2014's titles will beat that number by a decent margin.

Ubisoft announced the new figures in its latest financial report, where company boss Yves Guillemot commented on Unity's much-chronicled launch issues.

"Each time there's a new transition of consoles, we try to create engines that take full advantage of the capacity of those consoles," he said.

"In the case of Unity, we had to redo 100 per cent of the engine. So when you do that, it's painful for all the group... and everything has to be recalibrated.

"With this game, a few things were not perfect when the game was launched. But the engine has been created, and it's going to help the brands to shine in the future.

"Next fiscal year we will launch a new Assassin's Creed game based on the same technology that powered Unity. We are very confident that the experiences learned, along with the customer feedback, will help us take Assassin's Creed to the next level of quality and innovation."

Meanwhile, Ubisoft noted it had now shipped 10m copies of open-world hackathon Watch Dogs.

Himalayan safari shooter Far Cry 4 has shipped 7m copies, while The Crew has shipped 2m.

Watch Dogs holds the record for the biggest launch of a new IP in Europe and the second-largest launch in the US (behind Destiny, which also holds the global record).

"In 2014, Ubisoft offered gamers the most diversified line-up in the industry," Guillemot continued. "As a result we achieved a third-quarter performance that was well above target and we expect to generate a record level of free cash flow for 2014-15.

"We are now capitalising on the investments we have made over the past several years to further develop our creative strengths, boost our marketing impact and extend our digital footprint. Our performance is all the more impressive given that it is wholly the result of Ubisoft's teams.

"Each of these successful games was developed by our in-house studios and we own our brands, which means that our destiny is in our own hands and we are internalising the value created for our shareholders."

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Next fiscal year we will launch a new Assassin's Creed game based"

Suprising...

"We are very confident that the experiences learned, along with the customer feedback, will help us take Assassin's Creed to the next level of quality and innovation."

:hahano:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Although it is weird that the person coming down the street casts no shadow at all.

Again, :ubisoft:
4XpQKUO.png

Shadows for actors are only rendered if the actor is within a set distance of the player/camera to prevent your PlayStation™ from melting.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
:necro:
So, did they ever get around to fixing this trainwreck or is it still a buggy disaster?

Divinity: Original Sin
I never had any problems with mouse+keyboard in assassin's creed games. And I can't imagine how mouse acceleration can affect a game to the point of making it unplayable.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
I never had any problems with mouse+keyboard in assassin's creed games. And I can't imagine how mouse acceleration can affect a game to the point of making it unplayable.

As bad as the first Dead Space. I've played all previous Asscreed games and their controls are miles better than this.

Divinity: Original Sin

As bad as the first Dead Space. I've played all previous Asscreed games and their controls are miles better than this.

Well, i actually never noticed any problem with mouse acceleration on and off in any game.

And even if its a console game, in a PC, its keyboard+mouse 1st choice.

Assassin's creed games are perfectly playable with kb+mouse. All of them.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Damn, Deadzone Space really sucked in that regard, I can't imagine Ass Creed being even worse.
Well, i actually never noticed any problem with mouse acceleration on and off in any game.

And even if its a console game, in a PC, its keyboard+mouse 1st choice.

Assassin's creed games are perfectly playable with kb+mouse. All of them.
They are FAR better with a keyboard and mouse, at least the early ones. From III (at least) the controls are pretty much "press space to awesome" but 1 and 2 where you used the hand, foot, head etc control scheme is much more natural on a keyboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom