Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Astral Rag

Arcane
I can only imagine the horror from Ubisoft when people get so fed up with their copy paste gameplay and they have to think on something new.

That would be problematic... if it ever happens.

However, it seems Unity has done well. The PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game outsold the launch of last year's game, Assassin's Creed: 4: Black Flag, which originally debuted on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to a significantly higher install base.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ed-unity-launch-beats-black-flags-in-uk-chart

In fact they even started copy pasting part of their template to yet another genre:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-crew/Data_Stations

:lol:

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Got the mail with the free game offer. I'll check if I can get Just Dance on x360 otherwise I think I'll settle for the Crew.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
tbh, that pic looks fucking awesome:negative:

qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpg

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg

The assassin outfit is starting to get really stupid though. It made sense in Altair's age where everyone wore something similar, but in every game after that it is such a weird thing to wear in public, especially when you don't want to draw any attention.

It was also acceptable in the games with Ezio even though he looked like a fucking peacock. He was Italian, after all, dressing garishly isn't very unusual for an Italian :M

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Didnt touch it in a month, downloading 5875 MB patch as I type this. Hope I dont get that flickering shit.

Drakron

Arcane
They still have wild west, world war 2 and feudal Japan settings to rape.

But feudal Japan seems ideal for this franchise. Ninjas and stuffies. I can't believe they didn't do it yet.

It would work and not, Japan was completely irrelevant until the 19th Century and you could only set into two specific time periods, the Meiji Restoration and the Sengoku period since it was the only periods were Japan had external interference and had a war going on.

Problem is this asscreed and thus have to have that bullshit Templar/Assassin crap that simply doesnt function well outside the European/American nations, turning Ninjas into assassins would be ... how can I put this ... fucking retarded, Jesus Christ why, I mean WHY would you do this? and they can only work on the Sengoku period, considering Japan would likely be nightly pissed off about FILTHY GAIJIN wanting to rape their history (and how Japan already does that in relation to the Sengoku period) and how 'Mericans would be butthurt about having to play a oriental and be set in a setting that is outside their cultural bias it would not end well, as a side game maybe but considering how in AssCreed things are so fucking boring in a binary (everything that ever fucking happened was either Templars or Assassins) it would be just shitty fanfic on a interesting setting, in case you havent figured out the weakest point on this series is how they have to make everything revolve about 2 groups and I mean everything.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
That in of itself could be an interesting concept: the templars and assassins in their first interactions with a nation that's been left more-or-less untouched by their influence for the past thousand years. Give you a chance to interact with factions and groups who legitimately have no fucking clue who you are or who you're associated with, be forced to work as a field agent since there are no assassin contacts in Japan, forced to procure all of your resources within the country itself, root out any templar counter-agents who are trying to undermine your efforts, and so on. Don't even have to involve any of these artifacts of eden or whatever the fuck they're called, just make it a small and unimportant sub-theater in the escalating conflict between the two factions and play it up as such.

Well fuck, at least they'd be trying to do something different with that.

Problem is this asscreed and thus have to have that bullshit Templar/Assassin crap that simply doesnt function well outside the European/American nations, turning Ninjas into assassins would be ... how can I put this ... fucking retarded, Jesus Christ why, I mean WHY would you do this?

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't that make perfect sense? Make the guys wanting to open up Japan to outsiders' interference into Templars and you already have something resembling a plot. It's supposed to be a worldwide conspiracy spanning multiple eras, in theory no country would be "safe".

Drakron

Arcane
Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't that make perfect sense? Make the guys wanting to open up Japan to outsiders' interference into Templars and you already have something resembling a plot. It's supposed to be a worldwide conspiracy spanning multiple eras, in theory no country would be "safe".

No because they werent in anyway unified, even if you just divide then into Koga and Iga its still a incredible mess as they were mercenaries, Nobunaga had some attempts on his life as well he employed them, Ieyasu was the same and the only instance you could even make then work would be the Shimaba Rebellion that was during Iemitsu, the grandson of Ieyasu (needless to say that was well after the Sengoku period).

Plus the main foreign powers in Japan in the Sengoku period were the Portuguese and the Spanish, both used Jesuits, even if Templars werent exactly persecuted in Iberia (Portugal simply "abolished it" and created the Order of Christ as in Spain it wasnt enforced as it was in France) they arent the same.

History does not serve Ubisoft idiocy, at best you could do it in the Meiji Restoration but back them the "Ninjas" had ceased to exist, of course doesnt mean there werent assassins, the Four Hitokiri of the Bakumatsu are a good example.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only DLC of this shit have been released, Dead Kings.
It is much better than game itself, especially mood and story wise (not a hard achivement though)
I just like to see some ARPG with this kind of graphics, I don't really care about graphics but just imagining a Dragons Dogma, Gothic with this graphics makes me hard.
Not my screens;

ACU_Dead-Kings_DLC_4-Underground_Stealth-Copy.jpg

AC-Unity-Dead-Kings%2Bstory.jpg

ACU_DLC_1-Basilica_Interior_Logo_1411401047.jpg

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Is the DLC based around the defilement / plundering of the royal tombs in Saint Denis?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Although it is weird that the person coming down the street casts no shadow at all.

Again, :ubisoft:
4XpQKUO.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom