Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Divinity: Original Sin
It looks better after the patch, lighting is for fags.

It does look better in the second screenshot, really. it's not like the downgrade in watch_dogs, which made the game look like a ps2 game.

Astral Rag

Arcane
hD0144991

Astral Rag

Arcane
The mission in the video once again pitted the Assassins against the Templars, and featured a grappling hook that allowed the assassin to go vertical.

We will continue striving to make Assassin’s Creed one of the most ambitious and innovative franchises on the market

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Done by the devs that did that George Washington DLC for AssCreed 3 and I think the other one where you control some negro guy. I'm already ordering industrial amounts of popcorn.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I can only imagine the horror from Ubisoft when people get so fed up with their copy paste gameplay and they have to think on something new.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Next Assassin's Creed you start out as Jack the Ripper and get recruited to be an assassin. :troll:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You'd think they can't possibly run out of settings, but at the rate they're releasing these, I'm starting to believe they actually can.

Next Assassin's Creed you start out as Jack the Ripper and get recruited to be an assassin.
The joke would normally give me a chuckle if it was a more sensible publisher, but with Ubi... I'm 100% sure they'll include Jack in their theme park. Either as a Templar killing off Assassins/Ass' helpers or as an ordinary serial killer the player side-quests to assassinate for extra sync points (so he can buy that +1 pistol from the closest street peddler).

Explorerbc

Arcane
tbh, that pic looks fucking awesome:negative:

qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpg

yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg

The assassin outfit is starting to get really stupid though. It made sense in Altair's age where everyone wore something similar, but in every game after that it is such a weird thing to wear in public, especially when you don't want to draw any attention.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Next Assassin's Creed you start out as Jack the Ripper and get recruited to be an assassin. :troll:
That would actually be cool.

Anyway, I remember in Black Flag in the modern day there were hints of a new setting in 16th century Hungary. I'd thought I'd called it for their next game, but apparently I was wrong. Still could come up eventually though. It seemed interesting, because I know nothing about it.

As for the outfit, in Liberation they sort of solved that problem with an outfit system. The game was forgettable in all other aspects, but this one system, while rudimentary, showed promise. You could be dressed as either an Assassin, Slave, or Lady. The Assassin outfit gave you access to all your abilities and weapons, but you gained notoriety at a faster rate, and couldn't blend. The Lady outfit allowed you to blend and had the slowest notoriety gain, but you could only carry the hidden blade, and couldn't climb. The slave was somewhere in the middle. There were various "changing rooms" scattered about the city. With some tweaking it would be a really good mechanic for these games, but it doesn't appear that they're interested in carrying it forward.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You'd think they can't possibly run out of settings, but at the rate they're releasing these, I'm starting to believe they actually can.
The next AssCreed game after that better be set in 1960s Tokyo or I'm done with the series.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Assassin's Creed XVII: A new animus has been invented that lets you see the memories of your descendants in THE FUTURE, where you play as a 30th Century space assassin fighting Templar aliens on Pluto. The gameplay is still just running around picking up things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom