Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
AC2 had too many ex-machina plot twists and pants-on-head-retarded cutscene paralysis to outdo the better gameplay of AC4. And AC4 also had much less focus on the pointless futuristic meta-plot, which is further gravy on the cake.
AC2 had more good than it had bad, but my 'WTFs per minute' count was still lower with AC4.
I'm pretty sure there is no plot in any AC. You just drift around and kill every Tamplier you find.
Well in AC4 you're mostly just a greedy pirate.

Part of the entertainment in AC2 and AC4 was absurdly hanging out with awesome historical figures... e.g. Machiavelli, Da Vinci, Blackbeard, plus a bunch of other real pirates or privateers.

AC3 was shitty in that there are very few interesting characters, mostly just a bunch of no-namers. And the (possibly) few interesting ones you either don't have much time or dialogue with (George Washington, Paul Revere), or are shittily written (Benjamin Franklin, who is written like retarded comic relief).

Points also to AC4 for Its early modern English inspired Speech.

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ed-unity-launch-beats-black-flags-in-uk-chart

However, it seems Unity has done well. The PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game outsold the launch of last year's game, Assassin's Creed: 4: Black Flag, which originally debuted on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to a significantly higher install base.

:hmmm:
Jesus, now I see how I was naive. I tought... no... people can't be this retarded, nope, they totally can. If microtransactions, bugs and an unoptimized mess didn't stop the retards, imagine how Ass Creed 6: The Microtransaction will be.
The next game is probably going to bomb actually, no matter how good it is. Average consumers don't bother researching a game before buying, they just go on hype and previous experience. So they'll often end up buying turds, but they do remember it and are more likely to avoid any sequels.

The AssCreed series is going to take a serious sales hit for many years because of this fiasco.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Retarded people are the main only reason the world is in its current state.
Remember, those people that D1P Ass Creed Unity vote too. That truly scare me.
To be honest, it is probably their parents that vote. At least that is the case with the only real AssCreed fan I know. And by fan, I mean D1P of all games of the series since 2008.

Astral Rag

Arcane
perfb7s40.jpg

Deleted member 7219

AC 4 > Brotherhood > AC 2 > AC 3 > Revelations > AC

No interest in Unity, but I have high hopes for Rogue

Zeriel

Arcane
Re: those sales #s:

and PC two per cent. It should be noted that Chart-Track does not keep tabs on download sales.

u wot m8

Why even bother? That's like listing console sales, then saying your sales numbers only include copies sold in a back alley by a transgender prostitute.

Edit, this makes more sense:

The chart is for publishers, not us. Publishers know their digital numbers & don't want to share that data.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://wccftech.com/ubisoft-points-finger-amd-technical-bugs-assassins-creed-unity/

AMD's answer to Ubisoft's accusation about the shitty performance:
The game (in its current state) is issuing approximately 50,000 draw calls on the DirectX 11 API. Problem is, DX11 is only equipped to handle ~10,000 peak draw calls. What happens after that is a severe bottleneck with most draw calls culled or incorrectly rendered, resulting in texture/NPCs popping all over the place. On the other hand, consoles have to-the-metal access and almost non-existent API Overhead but significantly underpowered hardware which is not able to cope with the stress of the multitude of polygons. Simply put, its a very very bad port for the PC Platform and an unoptimized (some would even go as far as saying, unfinished) title on the consoles.

:lol:

Drakron

Arcane
Just found out that the writer for Rogue has only worked on Revelations and AC3. Well fuck that.

Rogue uses Black Flag as base and you are a Assassin that gets fed up and walks and joins the Templars, it kinda gets bonus points for it.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So someone tell me about the modern day story in this one. Just started playing Rogue, and it looks like I'm the same Abstergo employee from Black Flag. Is it someone different in Unity? Is there a chronology to their modern day stories, or are they concurrent?

Last edited:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
how many assasin creed games are there now exactly? Is there one new one or two new ones at once? Jesus. I liked the second one, I think it was, where you go to Florence and Venice and it was really easy but it was nice to run around for a bit. I am not sure why this series is still profitable five or six years later. Is it?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, Assassins Creed 3, some Vita game I forget the name of, Black Flag, Unity, Rogue. Unity moved more units at launch than Black Flag did, and Black Flag was actually decent.

So someone tell me about the modern day story in this one. Just started playing Rogue, and it looks like I'm the same Abstergo employee from Black Flag. Is it someone different in Unity? Is there a chronology to their modern say stories, or are they concurrent?

There's hardly been any modern plot in what I've played of it, you start with a memory of some Templar electrocuting someone with a magic sword and then assassins hack in with a video feed to get you to find some guy with precursor DNA in some French Assassin's memory.

Drakron

Arcane
Two new ones, Unity and Rogue.

Rogue seems to be a "budget" title, a lot of recycled stuff from AssCreed III and using mostly Black Flag engine stuff with a few improvements (you can get boarded now) as Unity seems were they tried ti further update the engine and fucked it so bad.

As the question ... it seems that way, at least we are spared of Desmond as the "nameless employee" seems to be simply a mute iPad, not even having a avatar.

And Hanoverf, he said ROGUE ... not UNITY.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
how many assasin creed games are there now exactly? Is there one new one or two new ones at once? Jesus. I liked the second one, I think it was, where you go to Florence and Venice and it was really easy but it was nice to run around for a bit. I am not sure why this series is still profitable five or six years later. Is it?
Rogue is the new one on "last gen" systems, and is basically Black Flag in the North Atlantic. Unity is the new one on current gen that is supposed to be the "next step" in the franchise. Rogue seems to be basically be a gift for those who haven't upgraded their console yet.

Divinity: Original Sin
So someone tell me about the modern day story in this one. Just started playing Rogue, and it looks like I'm the same Abstergo employee from Black Flag. Is it someone different in Unity? Is there a chronology to their modern day stories, or are they concurrent?

In unity, the modern day guy is a consumer who is playing the public release of the animus virtual reality "game" the guy from black flag was beta-testing. look's like the sabotage perpetrated by black flag modern day guy bore fruit, due to being released with so many bugs...

anyway, in black flag, desmond friends appear (shaun and rebecca) in the modern day plot as infiltraded agents, and shaun is present in unity, but unity modern day plot follows just like in AC: revelations, where they're mostly voiceovers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom