Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Maybe this game is meant to be something like Goat Simulator?

Astral Rag

Arcane
btVlJfU.jpg
4yvjr3dpbsp3.png

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The sequences where you unlock another part of the city from the top of a vantage point look splendid. Moreso on ultra. Paris also looks stunning. They do love their filters though and otherwise it's a bog standard AC game, with annoying mobile ap shit tossed in to piss you off. Worst part of it isn't the gameplay, bugs or optimisation for me. It's that they use an awesome setting like the French revolution and manage to make one of the lamest main stories in it in the entire franchise. And that says something.

Quatlo

Arcane
This is how next-gen graphics look like. Everything set to ultra.

I love how they are getting out of their way with blooms, fogs and other shitty effects to hide those hideous textures and models.
they should advertise it as glaucorna simulator.

In the next 10 years AAA games will probably be text based to obscure laziness.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unity is just one big reference to the glitch in the matrix missions from Saints Row 4.

bonescraper

I love how they are getting out of their way with blooms, fogs and other shitty effects to hide those hideous textures and models.

Assassin's Creed games always had great textures, Unity is no exception. And the gaphics detail in this game is simply amazing, so no, you can't talk about a lazy job. That's not really fog you're looking at, it's some kind a lighting effect or something. When you stand still for a sec your vision adapts to it and it kinda clears out. Also, it's not present at night or in shadowed places. It's not there to hide anything, because the game looks better without it, it's just some graphical effect that the devs thought looks good or realistic or something.

bonescraper

On your shitty PC perhaps.

:retarded:

No, it's just reskinned AC4. Same mechanics, same gameplay, even same crew voices and that Shay guy is just Edward with a face lift (same skeleton, same animations). They re-used evertyhing, but they're still selling it for 60$.
Yeah no. They re-used the homestead and that's about it.
Watch this. Count how many times he says "the same".

Last edited by a moderator:

"Black Flag uses Reales and Rogue uses... Euros, I believe. Yes, that does look like the symbol for Euros."

:retarded:

Anyway, AC4 > AC2 > Diarrhea > AC1 > AC3, so Rogue might not be such a bad idea, depending on its story/sidequest quality. Will probably demo if it gets ported to PC.

Gerrard

Arcane

Assassin's Creed games always had great textures, Unity is no exception. And the gaphics detail in this game is simply amazing, so no, you can't talk about a lazy job. That's not really fog you're looking at, it's some kind a lighting effect or something. When you stand still for a sec your vision adapts to it and it kinda clears out. Also, it's not present at night or in shadowed places. It's not there to hide anything, because the game looks better without it, it's just some graphical effect that the devs thought looks good or realistic or something.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Stokowski

Arcane
Please, do not defecate on the sacred acronym of AC.

This is AssCreed, and always will be, in more ways than one.

AC2 had too many ex-machina plot twists and pants-on-head-retarded cutscene paralysis to outdo the better gameplay of AC4. And AC4 also had much less focus on the pointless futuristic meta-plot, which is further gravy on the cake.
AC2 had more good than it had bad, but my 'WTFs per minute' count was still lower with AC4.

And AC4 gains them for Brian Tyler. Both games had some excellent tracks (and sea shanties) - it doesn't really go either way in that respect.

baturinsky

Arcane
AC2 had too many ex-machina plot twists and pants-on-head-retarded cutscene paralysis to outdo the better gameplay of AC4. And AC4 also had much less focus on the pointless futuristic meta-plot, which is further gravy on the cake.
AC2 had more good than it had bad, but my 'WTFs per minute' count was still lower with AC4.
I'm pretty sure there is no plot in any AC. You just drift around and kill every Tamplier you find.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
http://www.nichegamer.net/2014/11/xbro-interview-gamergate-numero-dos/

On a somewhat related note, please stop being harsh with our dev colleagues over at Ubisoft. They’ve worked their asses off to release the game with inhumane number of hours and overtime. It’s not their fault it turned up like this; no respectable dev and gamer would release a product in that state, but deadlines have always been a pain for this industry. That is a bigger issue that has to be addressed separately, because people that are not responsible for a product’s failure are being held accountable, and that is not fair at all. Remember, vote with your wallets and continue to complain, the guys in the suits will eventually hear you; they always do. Major improvements have happened from the simple fact that gamers complained by the hundreds of thousands (see the XOne and EA for example).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hilarious that these two posts appeared so close to each other.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ed-unity-launch-beats-black-flags-in-uk-chart
it seems Unity has done well. The PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game outsold the launch of last year's game, Assassin's Creed: 4: Black Flag

Retarded customers are the main only reason modern gaming market is in its current state.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ed-unity-launch-beats-black-flags-in-uk-chart

However, it seems Unity has done well. The PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game outsold the launch of last year's game, Assassin's Creed: 4: Black Flag, which originally debuted on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to a significantly higher install base.

:hmmm:
Jesus, now I see how I was naive. I tought... no... people can't be this retarded, nope, they totally can. If microtransactions, bugs and an unoptimized mess didn't stop the retards, imagine how Ass Creed 6: The Microtransaction will be.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom