Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Unity

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I've whizzed through an Unity LP and lol to all the bitchers whining constantly about the sci-fi metastory being retarded and "give us a pure historicalz parkourz!1!!". I was warning the metastory might not be a Hugo material but at least it's something special, something different that keeps the game from being completely drab.

Well you got your pure historical parkour and sure enough, game's humdrum as fuck. There's nothing remotely interesting about it, nothing we didn't get bored to tears three sequels back. They even took the sailing away. Together with Revelations this is by far the most boring AC evah. At least the American one tried to stand out, had some ambition, even though in the end it was as repetitive and pointless as all the other ACs.

After Black Flag I thought maybe they're gonna resuscitate this franchize but no, it's

:dead:

Gord

Arcane
So I've only ever played AC2 to enjoy the sightseeing in Italy and might be mistaken, but is the parkour part getting ever more ridiculous? I mean, the jumps from 100m high turrets into haystacks were always stupid, but it looks as if they finally have given up on physics altogether...

Divinity: Original Sin
Strange thing is this game... the game started in a lower resolution, even though in the options 1920x1080 was set. It happened twice.

But the game is running ok. No gamebreaking or hilarious bugs, multiplayer missions work fine. FPS is OKish... the odd thing is that performance improved a lot after the first day I played, and I did nothing at all. And I have a 16gb ram i7 2600, and a GTX 670.

The only stupid thing is LOD textures being like a proto 3d game.

retardation

Learned
I don't see the problem here. People are dishing out 60 euros for a game without a demo or reviews on launch, why? To play a cloned sequel the moment it's released? This is not a normal behavior of intelligent humans. Proof: professional productivity software users are much different. You can't really blame Ubisoft, it's not like they are kidnapping people, they are just offering a "product".

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They'll punish Ubisoft by only spending $75 instead of the full 100$ on pretend money in a singleplayer game, on top of the 150$ they already spent on the collector's edition.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Don't worry guys Ubi is uploading Patch 1 and it looks like they managed to fix one of the most critical problems:

kcLArit.png

gallery_37587_679_873.png

Last edited:

Gord

Arcane
I don't see the problem here. People are dishing out 60 euros for a game without a demo or reviews on launch, why? To play a cloned sequel the moment it's released? This is not a normal behavior of intelligent humans. Proof: professional productivity software users are much different. You can't really blame Ubisoft, it's not like they are kidnapping people, they are just offering a "product".

Yeah, baffling.

:d1p: (let alone pre-ordering) is just not very sensible behaviour as a consumer.
I get being hyped about a game and wanting to play it as soon as possible, but even then I want to wait for the first reactions to see if the hype is warranted.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They will make millions out of this. People are that retarded to "pay to not play" the game. I'd even put the achievements as microtransactions if people want to boost their thophys/gamescores/whatever.
5 bucks a piece plus 50 bucks for "finished the game" trophy. Should sell like hotcakes.

Why bother to even play it, or even spend money on a expensive game when all the challenge you have to deal with is simply solved with a credit card. Next gen gaming generation is full of motherfucking retards with too much money on their hands.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They will make millions out of this. People are that retarded to "pay to not play" the game.

Human stupidity is a lucrative shit, way more than than drugs or oil, and smart people are gonna keep tapping that unlimited resource.

Instead of bitching on Codex with should join the grorious Ubisoft. In this world you're either a sheep or a shepherd. :kwafuckyeah:

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
They will make millions out of this. People are that retarded to "pay to not play" the game. I'd even put the achievements as microtransactions if people want to boost their thophys/gamescores/whatever.
5 bucks a piece plus 50 bucks for "finished the game" trophy. Should sell like hotcakes.

Why bother to even play it, or even spend money on a expensive game when all the challenge you have to deal with is simply solved with a credit card. Next gen gaming generation is full of motherfucking retards with too much money on their hands.

Achievements in Gaming seems to have become status symbols. Only fair to sell them at overprice. Supply and Demand, folks.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm "observing" more than bitching. I'm not even that pissed that their nr. 1 priority is fixing the cowclicker metagame instead of focusing on game stability.
They took the money already, who gives a shit if you gotta wait a month or two. Focus on people that wanna pull out their credit cards today even after that they shelled out 60 to 90 bucks already.
Its just amazing that even after this catastrophic release people are still running to them and giving them money.
Tho seeing those posts "hai guise, i got $99.99 pack today and didnt get muh hack coins yet" is triggering. First thought that goes through my mind when I read that is "kill yourself".
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom