Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, set in Victorian England

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
JACK THE RIPPER DLC:

Leave no Victorian trope unturned

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Awesum.
Just hope the game wont be a buggy piece of shit with bonus microtransactions like Unity was.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't worry though, you have Dickens and Darwin on your side:

(try not to think too hard about the fact that both of them were already dead when the Ripper murders took place)

Divinity: Original Sin
Don't worry though, you have Dickens and Darwin on your side:

(try not to think too hard about the fact that both of them were already dead when the Ripper murders took place)

hmmm, I heard the jack the ripper will be set many years after the main campaign?

Oh, is that so? I didn't watch the video. Nm then. :P

Saw it here: http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-to-get-predicted-jack-the-ripper-dlc/

Assassin's Creed Syndicate to get Jack the Ripper DLC
Jordan Erica Webber 7 hours ago

We called it back in December in our list of "dos and don'ts" for what was then being called Assassin's Creed: Victory, and now we know it's going to happen: Assassin's Creed Syndicate will have a DLC campaign all about Jack the Ripper.

The DLC was announced at the Tokyo Games Show, and there is a trailer. The DLC is set in 1888, twenty years after the events of the main game. The trailer appears to be narrated by Jack the Ripper himself, with lots of shots of one of his targets: her silhouette, her lips, her waist, her neck. "I love my work," he says, "And want to start again. Try to stop me."

According to VG247, you'll join Inspector Frederick Abberline, a genuine Scotland Yard inspector during the period, to hunt down Jack the Ripper. In real life, the murderer was never found of course, so it'll be interesting to see how Ubisoft resolves the mystery, and what motivations they decide the murderer had. Presumably he'll be a Templar.

There's no word on when the DLC will be available, but I guess we should focus first on getting the game itself, a month later than it comes to console.

buzz

Arcane
Is this the first literal time in your life when you find out what a typical Assassin's Creed game contains?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Ahahahahah fucking Christ. Your interaction with Charles Darwin entails... ripping down posters claiming he's a scoundrel. Can you possibly waste subject matter worse than Ubisoft does?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Assassins Creed is, to put it nicely, historical fiction written for stupid people who don't know much about history. It does make a good attempt at research into the periods it depicts, but it has no real interest in actually exploring or analyzing the period beyond the surface level, instead preferring to just supplant it with twenty first century leftist social norms (because we can't offend anyone!) and distract the audience by making them feel important via having them interact with famous historical figures who give them random fetch quests.

Assassins Creed is, to put it nicely, historical fiction written for stupid people who don't know much about history. It does make a good attempt at research into the periods it depicts, but it has no real interest in actually exploring or analyzing the period beyond the surface level, instead preferring to just supplant it with twenty first century leftist social norms (because we can't offend anyone!) and distract the audience by making them feel important via having them interact with famous historical figures who give them random fetch quests.

It's like that scene in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, where the time-travelling heroes meet Shakespeare, and he sends them to get 15 inkpens, then Napoleon, who sends them to find 10 Russian canons, then Queen Elizabeth, who sends them to get 15 napkins.

Oh wait, that scene didn't exist. Because it would have been fucking boring.

Unity had horrendous technical problems but it was rather cool as a 1700s Paris walking simulator. Creed 3 was downwright boring.

Unity is boredom incarnate. AC 3 at least had varied missions (for an ac game). There was a lot of grinding, But at least you could get all resources. Also, you had the sailing part, that was on the same level as black flag. And though connor was a boring protagonist, haytham kenway was cool. The weak point of ac3 is the horrible abrupt ending, and the fact that virtual turism in NY would work best if the game was set in the present.

Then we have unity, which consists of only one kind of mission: find the templar that is on the other side of the city an kill him.

Also, virtual paris is boring, cause it's stuck in time like a french revolution groundhog day - notre dame cathedral is there, pretty, but years pass and everything is ghe same. And storyline is terrible in this one that even if you want to follow it, you can't really grasp the point of it. Unity is worse than ac1 and revelations.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unity is only good for its side missions. Though not the shallow CSIs mind you, I mean the ones like helping Napeleon or collecting (be)heads for Madame Tussaud.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Ahahahahah fucking Christ. Your interaction with Charles Darwin entails... ripping down posters claiming he's a scoundrel. Can you possibly waste subject matter worse than Ubisoft does?

You will also get to climb on top of radio towers to prove how the amazing climbing abilities of humans are result of their ape origins and race through the city to deliver On the Origin of Species to various citizens before time runs out.

pippin

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manif...hnical-disaster-according-to-one-source-35315

Rushed Release: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Is A Technical Disaster According to One Source

• Lip synching is almost non existent, instead characters will just flap their mouths when talking.
  • In the first hour of gameplay, right after I was put into the open world, I was greeted with a group of a dozen civilians floating in the middle of the air.
  • One of the earliest cut scenes broke on me.
  • The game's frame rate is atrocious.
  • The game froze on me twice.
  • For some reason you can't jump from building to building unless they were a few meters close to one another.
  • You can't aim the hook. You want to grapple it to a building in the distance? Well you better pray to God it doesn't grapple onto irrelevant crap, like the various poles or fences around it.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So reskinning the same game over and over again isn't enough anymore, they need to start recycling release states as well?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom