Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate, set in Victorian England

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So it's exactly like AC3, only with a not-quite-as-good setting.

OK and the SJW element was a bit stronger in 3 than in 4 (evul whyte mens burning injun villages and killing noble savages left and right etc). But still nowhere near as bad as the first one.
Well the sandbox being almost completely naval is a fun gameplay difference. A bit part though is that AC3 was a huge decline in sandbox gameplay because there was like nothing tall to climb; fuck hopping around 2-story buildings. Story is somewhat decent because you literally play a neutral pirate who is betraying everyone just for your own (financial) gains.

But yeah it's not that much better. AC4 is better than AC3 but I don't know if it compares to AC2.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
From the reveal:
London 1868.
Close quarters "brawl" combat – Batman combat system confirmed. Also GTCarriages confirmed. Just Cause grappling hook confirmed.
Console release 23. Oct. / PC later.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin
From the reveal:
London 1868.
Close quarters "brawl" combat – Batman combat system confirmed. Also GTCarriages confirmed. Just Cause grappling hook confirmed.
Console release 23. Oct. / PC later.

GTCarriages. Exactly the same thing I thought. And there 's now GPS on the road.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Close quarters "brawl" combat – Batman combat system confirmed.
That's always how it's been. I thought Batman Arkham copied AC. Unless they mean AC is going to be Arkham level difficulty, and significantly less dependent on counters... doubt that though.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
That's always how it's been. I thought Batman Arkham copied AC. Unless they mean AC is going to be Arkham level difficulty, and significantly less dependent on counters... doubt that though.

Yes, but this time you have more Batman style fistfight smashing your knuckedusters into Victorian Gentlemen's faces and less stabby-stabby combat. After all, it's 1868, the Marquess of Queensberry rules have just been published to be ignored ;) Talking about Lord Douglas, an Oscar Wilde DLC seems to be likely. Also Karl Marx as an NPC.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Yes, but this time you have more Batman style fistfight smashing your knuckedusters into Victorian Gentlemen's faces and less stabby-stabby combat. After all, it's 1868, the Marquess of Queensberry rules have just been published to be ignored ;) Talking about Lord Douglas, an Oscar Wilde DLC seems to be likely. Also Karl Marx as an NPC.
Oh. Eh. I doubt it'll make much of a difference.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Oh. Eh. I doubt it'll make much of a difference.

Nope, it looked as stupid as ever in the reveal demo. And I think Batman got the "flow" much better. Well, I don't play them for the combat but for the sightseeing anyway.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Assassin's Creed is essentially the only mainstream AAA series that I enjoy. It's just a fun time waster in which you run around historical locations and whatnot. So, I'm looking forward to this.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Twins as protagonists?I am guessing Ubi wants to avoid the criticism about not having a female lead this time...

I generally love the Victorian era so I might not remove this from the inventory even though the story sounds really bad,evil capitalism?ffs couldn't they think something more cliche?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Twins as protagonists?I am guessing Ubi wants to avoid the criticism about not having a female lead this time...

I generally love the Victorian era so I might not remove this from the inventory even though the story sounds really bad,evil capitalism?ffs couldn't they think something more cliche?
I'm guessing the introduction of twins is for some kind of co-op support.

buzz

Arcane
Unity did have coop, that's where the whole shitstorm about lacking a female character started.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Ubisoft had been criticized for doing boring and cliche white dudes as protagonists, so they made one game with a boring and cliche american indian and are now making a boring and cliche woman. The setting is nice but it will be ruined by the usual Ass Creed bullshit and the cliches about capitalism are just the usual leftist ignorance. Sure, because today on China, a growing part of the population isn't miserable anymore, that obviously means that communism was better because there weren't rich people to be butthurt about as everybody was miserable. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom