Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed: Rogue - released on PC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The one that's actually good. Or at least not bad. Or at least not as bad as Unity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-02-05-assassins-creed-rogue-pc-release-date

Assassin's Creed: Rogue PC release date, eye-tracking support confirmed
Pre-order via Uplay and get another AC title free.

Ubisoft has confirmed a 10th March PC release date for Assassin's Creed: Rogue in Europe.

The nautical adventure was originally released year for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and served as an offering for last-gen platforms that missed out on PS4/Xbox One entry Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Rogue's story acts as a coda to the Colonial North American era covered in AC3 and AC4: Black Flag, and sees the return of various fan favourite characters.

The city of New York, a wide wilderness area based around the Appalachian mountains, and a nautical map covering the Northern Atlantic Ocean are all available to explore.

Pre-order the PC version via Uplay and you get to choose one of seven other Assassin's Creed games for free.

The digital edition also includes two bonus packs: The Siege of Fort de Sable and The Explorer.

A physical Collector's Bundle edition is also available to pre-order. It contains an artbook, lithographs, a soundtrack and bonus in-game armour and weapons.

Intriguingly, the PC version includes Tobii Tech eye-tracking support, allowing you to pan the screen just by looking to the left or right.

Technical specifications lie below.

Minimum PC configuration:
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHzH
  • RAM: 2GB
  • VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTS450 or AMD Radeon HD5670 (1024MB VRAM) or Intel HD4600
  • DIRECT X®: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
  • DVD-ROM DRIVE: Only required for the Disk installation ( 1 Dual Layer DVD )
  • SOUND CARD: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest driver
  • HARD DISK: 11.4 GB
  • PERIPHERALS: Xbox 360 controller, Tobii EyeX Controller, SteelSeries Sentry
  • MULTIPLAYER: Not Available
  • SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better, GeForce 500, 600, 700, 900 series, AMD Radeon HD 5670 or better, Radeon HD 6000, 7000, R7, R9 series, Intel HD4600, HD5200, Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

Steam page:

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its a expansion pack to the Black Flag. Im bored to death by its gameplay after completing the Black Flag so I wont be picking it up in the near future.
It was given that it was coming, cheap port=easy cash for Ubisoft.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
At least I will be able to play this one on something else than lowest settings.

I've been "demoing" it in short bursts for few days now. Pretty much Black Flag 2 with a bit worse graphics and minor additions, like destructible icebergs. Ship steering seems a lot easier and you can't swim around in some areas because you start freezing to death. Considering the size of download I expect main campaign to be a lot shorter, which isn't so bad considering main missions were the worst part of Black Flag anyway. That 50 euro price is beyond ridiculous, hope no one here is actually stupid enough to pay it.

DeepOcean

Arcane
See no point in buying this, it looks like a reskinned version of Black Flag and Ass Creed writers don't produce exactly wonderful storylines as Ubsoft sausage factory method of making games don't allow them to try anything interesting anyway.

Deleted member 7219

I bought a copy of this. Haven't bought Unity due to the overwhelmingly negative reviews, but this one looks alright. More Black Fag is what I want.

haters-gonna-hate-o.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
I bought a copy of this. Haven't bought Unity due to the overwhelmingly negative reviews, but this one looks alright. More Black Fag is what I want.
Did you play it? I got the impression this game suffer from the copy paste mentality from Ubisoft even more than usual for an Ass Creed game. Even people that liked it say it is just a shorter Black Flag, is there anything on this thing that wasn't on Black Flag to make it worth 50 bucks or people are just paying to sink the same ships again, collect the same collectibles again and doing the same missions again?

Deleted member 7219

Did you play it? I got the impression this game suffer from the copy paste mentality from Ubisoft even more than usual for an Ass Creed game. Even people that liked it say it is just a shorter Black Flag, is there anything on this thing that wasn't on Black Flag to make it worth 50 bucks or people are just paying to sink the same ships again, collect the same collectibles again and doing the same missions again?

I'm in it for the story, believe it or not. I want to play a Templar, I always thought they were more interesting and their goals better explained. I also want to see Haytham Kenway again (probably my favourite 'bad guy' of the series so far), and I'm looking forward to sticking it to the black guy who eventually becomes the old guy in AC3. I thought he was incredibly self-righteous and arrogant (like most of the Assassins).

All the ship stuff is just a bonus but I really like that gameplay so I guess that counts as another reason.

Has story-arcs, characters and cameos that tie it to III, IV, that Vita game and Unity. Takes locations from III and modifies (improves) them, and involves a character who spends a chunk of his time pointing out how retarded both sides act. Then starts killing his former bros because 'lol, fuck you guys'.

So yeah, better than the digital cancer that is Unity.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I also want to see Haytham Kenway again (probably my favourite 'bad guy' of the series so far), and I'm looking forward to sticking it to the black guy who eventually becomes the old guy in AC3. I thought he was incredibly self-righteous and arrogant (like most of the Assassins).
Is this game's main character the one who killed Davenport's family?

Deleted member 7219

I also want to see Haytham Kenway again (probably my favourite 'bad guy' of the series so far), and I'm looking forward to sticking it to the black guy who eventually becomes the old guy in AC3. I thought he was incredibly self-righteous and arrogant (like most of the Assassins).
Is this game's main character the one who killed Davenport's family?

Ah, Davenport, that's the guy I was trying to think of.

I know next to nothing of Rogue's main character and his connection to Davenport, but I think I saw a glimpse of a trailer where he was arguing with Davenport about something.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
So is this worth $40? C'mon give us a review people (Matt7895)

Also damn I didn't know someone developed eye tracking already.

May I'll pirate it and try the eye tracking.

Then again I dunno if eye tracking is that useful without VR goggles. You turn your eyes and you can't see the monitor lol.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's fun enough, if you liked Black Flag. The protagonist is a bit weaker and the game is shorter but on the other hand you finally get to purge some assassins. (It's basically AC4.2: The Frozen North)

Deleted member 7219

So is this worth $40? C'mon give us a review people (Matt7895)

Also damn I didn't know someone developed eye tracking already.

May I'll pirate it and try the eye tracking.

Then again I dunno if eye tracking is that useful without VR goggles. You turn your eyes and you can't see the monitor lol.

Sure thing bro.

The game is a solid sequel / prequel to Black Flag and AC 3, if you enjoyed the story and the characters in those games. It is also enjoyable if you DIDN'T enjoy the characters in those games, because in Rogue, you basically take down almost the entire Assassin Brotherhood (as evdk said).

There's some more ship faggotry going on as well, which is ok (but not as good as in Black Flag IMO - Caribbean seas are much nicer to roam than the North Atlantic).

The story is good. There's some boring parts, and there isn't any light relief - it is all rather grim and serious. But the motivations of the characters make sense. It shows both sides at their best and worst. You understand why the Assassins are pricks but they think they are right. The Templars show their good side (order, civilisation etc) but they are ruthless as well. It was so pleasing to finally have a balanced view of both sides again, instead of KILL ALL TEMPLARS!

The main character in Rogue says some very good things to the Assassins as he hunts them down / beats them up. The very first Assassin's Creed game had things like this. The enemies challenging your viewpoints, where they tell you "What the fuck have you done? You Assassins are lunatics!", but it seems to have been lost since then. In this, you feel quite good as you systematically take down the worst examples of Assassin arrogance.

Haytham Kenway is in the game and he is a bro, but that character really deserves his own game because he never seems to be in it enough.

So yeah, the game is good for storyfaggotry, good for shipfaggotry, but if you are a systemsfag or a combatfag then stay away (but if you are either of those two, you should hate the entire series).

Last edited by a moderator:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
^ this.

And, it's the only game where you can finally play on the right side. The sightseeing aspect is of course a bit reduced compared to other entries, because well, North America was backwater during these days.

spectre

Arcane
I actually had big hopes for this as a sort of Black Flag - more of the same edition.

I remember the beginning was pretty weak, I had to rush through just to get to the point when it all got more or less interesting.
The story still didn't feel great, but can feel quite refreshing after your typical AC drivel.

Of course, they had to try fix what wasn't broken, and the ship now has drum-fed machinegun swivel guns. I know it's meant to be a fan-fiction of history, but as least keep some friggin decorum.
You're also now forced to upgrade your ship with that protruding dildo thing at the bow which ruins the whole appearance.

Gameplay wise, it felt like every single mission was a rehash from an earlier game. This is inevitable in such a long-running series,
but it's like they didn't even try to put a twist on it.

Eventually, I decided to ditch it after yet another glitch that forced me to restart the whole approach (guy I needed to kill got irrecoverably stuck under loads of geometry).
It still doesn't feel smooth after so much patching, but eh, I guess that's what passes for QA these days. (This impression may be slightly dated cause I played it about a month ago).

All in all, the only thing Rogue has over Black Flag is that you get access to the hanging rope much earlier.
The plot may be slightly less inane than other games in the series, but I must say that the protagonist never really got to me.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Mmm I'm not going to buy it then. Unless a sale for $15 or so. $40 is way too much for retail for what you guys said.

No light-relief turns me off (for paying $40). That was one of the big pluses of Black Flag. I mean your character is basically a douchebag for half the game.

I think it was smart to focus the exploration and traveling of AC4.1 and 4.2 on ships. America back then is just so very not interesting to explore on land. I think that's a huge part of AC3's fail.

Though AC3 may have been a lot better if the content was focused more-so on the Revolutionary War, and you having to stealth around and go on missions in the middle of intense gunfire and artillery. And no, repetitively storming British forts is not what I'm talking about)

Hopefully Victorian England will be a good setting... I don't know much about it really.

I am a combatfag but I see AC as more of an interactive movie lol. It's about running around checking out cool (and tall) landmarks you've read about (I marathoned AC2 right before I went to Italy, it was suuuuch a great idea). Add the fact that while the rest of the gameplay sucked, the climbing, parkouring, etc. was actually done well. If climbing and parkouring were clunky or frustrating in another way, I think the AC series would have fallen flat from the very beginning. It's kinda funny that while the game sucks as a game, they actually implemented well the specific 'gameplay' related to what is interesting to the game. The bad combat doesn't terribly bother me because I don't care at all about fighting this faction or that faction.

But yeah, I avoided/am avoiding any AC game that doesn't have an interesting setting or interesting exploration. There's absolutely no point to play such a game.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
I know it's meant to be a fan-fiction of history, but as least keep some friggin decorum.

That machinegun existed but yeah, everybody and his dog thought that this shit is useless back then.

Here's a replica:
Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg

The two existing legit examples are some family's private properties.

My brother is quite big AC fag but he's also fed up with the series. He plays it but isn't any kind of impressed.

Then he wants to move on to Unity but I've said to him that outside of graphics(very uneven graphics) everybody says it's shit and his major complaint is that AC3 was relatively fast(as in your character ran fast etc.) while the newer games are slooooow for no reason.

spectre

Arcane
Well, I can understand why they wanted it in.
Puckle_gun_advertisement.jpg

This thing is just so
:mrpresident::kwafuckyeah::kwanzania:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom