Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
XbbvqwT.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/rvII0

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This game series keeps popping up every now and then, Ubi gave me a copy of ACIII for free and it even spawned a movie.

This is popular and has fans. I just can't get myself to play any of those games, everything about them seem so.. meh.. undercooked and uninspired. A game that only a corporation could make.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From the neogaf thread:

"Here's a detailed list from HungryGhost57 on the article and what it mentions, get ready.

All new info:
• Started working on game before unity
• Brand new fighting system
• New A.I.
• No minimap but a elder scrolls type compass at top
• No more sprinting button, speed depends on analog stick
• Crouching is back
• Story is being kept a secret
• Eagle vision is a subtle pulse that highlights objects not enemies
• Takes place during the ascent and reign of cleopatra
• You can climb everything in the game
• Large and small cities with many landmarks including Memphis and Alexandria
• The controllable eagle leak was true
• NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature"
• Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger
• A.I. does not take turns to attack
• New combat system is more hit-box driven
• As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed
• Left shoulder button is lock on
• There are treasures to find in the depths of the water (sunken ships, long-forgotten ruins)
• Stat element of customization is removed
• New gear system where players can improve specific parts of your gear by crafting materials
• Leveling system that has a level cap of 40
• Bayek is not the only playable character in the game but that character is a secret
• There are legendary items to loot in the game
• You can add blocked arrows to your inventory
• You can no longer one hit enemies that are more powerful than you with your hidden blade
• Buttons for free-running up and down are removed
• Puzzles are back but more challenging and less switches
• Much more in depth ability graph with 3 paths (Seer, Warrior, Hunter)
• There are gladiator battles in arenas"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cleopatra was the first assassin.

lol if there's actually a "Cleopatra" in this game the nerdrage will be epic

Probably won't be though, Assassin's Creed doesn't go that far in historical inaccuracy.

Whoops!

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game series keeps popping up every now and then, Ubi gave me a copy of ACIII for free and it even spawned a movie.

This is popular and has fans. I just can't get myself to play any of those games, everything about them seem so.. meh.. undercooked and uninspired. A game that only a corporation could make.

I really liked the first two games. The first game felt "next-gen" when it was released I remember, even if it was repetitive. I know many disliked the Sci-Fi aspect of the game, but I loved it. I felt it was one of the strong points of the game. In other words I liked the Desmond sections. Those sections didn't have any hand-holding and you could experiment with different things which in turn spawned different cut-scenes and I think the ending got affected as well. Second one had a funny & charming protagonist and the story felt tight. One thing I really enjoyed with the second game was uncovering the secret of the origins of the humans. They had some really nasty puzzles you had to look for and solve, really enjoyable. Brotherhood was okay, but the rest after that is pretty much shit. I haven't played the fourth game in the series though, but I have heard it is enjoyable but worse than Brotherhood.

Rev

Arcane

I really liked the first two games. The first game felt "next-gen" when it was released I remember, even if it was repetitive. I know many disliked the Sci-Fi aspect of the game, but I loved it. I felt it was one of the strong points of the game. In other words I liked the Desmond sections. Those sections didn't have any hand-holding and you could experiment with different things which in turn spawned different cut-scenes and I think the ending got affected as well. Second one had a funny & charming protagonist and the story felt tight. One thing I really enjoyed with the second game was uncovering the secret of the origins of the humans. They had some really nasty puzzles you had to look for and solve, really enjoyable. Brotherhood was okay, but the rest after that is pretty much shit. I haven't played the fourth game in the series though, but I have heard it is enjoyable but worse than Brotherhood.
Are you really praising AC 2 for its story? A game which had a boss fight with the fucking Pope holding a magic spectre and casting magic at you? :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I thought it was awesome :)

Well, okay it felt a bit weird maybe, but it wasn't really worse than the boss fight in the first game. Just goes to show that those artifacts are really fucking powerful.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

There was nothing good about the Sci-Fi shit. No different ending, everything linear. You went around picking shit up or not. Whole game series would have been better without that as it's clear that they had no idea what to do with the story and how to shoehorn it into the historical world. It just kind of petered out with ever more ludicrous additions that got in the way. Eventually it all became a parody with the whole Abstergo Entertainment game within a game thing from AC4 onward. Wish it just ran as a historical open world adventure without that distraction as the actual worlds Ubi creates are great looking and fun to wander around in. They just forget to put a compelling narrative and gameplay to go along with it for much of the series.

Cleopatra was the first assassin.

lol if there's actually a "Cleopatra" in this game the nerdrage will be epic

Probably won't be though, Assassin's Creed doesn't go that far in historical inaccuracy.

Caesar will be templar ;)

WHAT?????

Knights Templar was founded in 1119.

They'll just make it so the Reptilians created the precursors to the Templars to try and recover the Apples of Eden before the 'Templar' age and it will all fit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There was nothing good about the Sci-Fi shit. No different ending, everything linear. You went around picking shit up or not. Whole game series would have been better without that as it's clear that they had no idea what to do with the story and how to shoehorn it into the historical world. It just kind of petered out with ever more ludicrous additions that got in the way. Eventually it all became a parody with the whole Abstergo Entertainment game within a game thing from AC4 onward. Wish it just ran as a historical open world adventure without that distraction as the actual worlds Ubi creates are great looking and fun to wander around in. They just forget to put a compelling narrative and gameplay to go along with it for much of the series.

This. I only played the three games featuring Ezio, but every time the game sent me back to the present day to do some shit with Desmond I hoped it would be over quickly cause I wanna go back to exploring the historical city. The scifi shit was superfluos and uninteresting.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Cleopatra was the first Pope (her name means Keys to the Fatherland). The Nile gods were Venusians and the Indo-European gods were Martians. God was Heremes Trimegestus, a renegade Venusian working both sides of Cosmic Law from a homebrewed VR. Moses was his Avatar... should I proceed? Oh yeah, the Dogon are the wise negroes of the one true aliens.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game is set in Pharaonic Egypt centuries before the Greeks and Romans.

The GAF quote above says:

I know GAF and everything, but the power struggle / civil war seems to be a good setting for the Assassins / Templar dualism, especially when they can bring well known figures like Caesar in.

(The Medjay probably didn't exist in Cleo's time anymore though, but thats something they can easily change.)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

I know GAF and everything, but the power struggle / civil war seems to be a good setting for the Assassins / Templar dualism, especially when they can bring well known figures like Caesar in.

"Medjay" in Ptolemaic Egypt? Ok....

Deleted member 7219

Black Flag is the best in the series - cruising around the Caribbean on your own ship, beautiful locations and a crazy amount of polish. If this is the same team that made that, then yeah, it's gonna be good.

I just hope they keep it authentic and aren't tempted to dumb it down to appease the "We want Cleopatra/Caesar" crowd who have appeared in this thread.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath

edY7noh.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane

Yes, I probably added that part while you replied.

Anyway, Ptolemaic period seems to be settled. Ancient Egypt is probably too "foreign" for the audience. Tutankhamun is too unimportant and I don't think they want to press Aton'ism vs. the old gods in their game, because while the concepts are still important / understood today, it's too much for a AAA game.

I wonder if Cleopatra will look black / Nubian in the game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom