Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

vonAchdorf

Arcane
"we need a female character or we'll be criticized"

Really gets the noggin jogging. The fact SJW's are placated by the obvious pandering goes to show how brain dead they are.

"I don't care how shit it is, as long as you cross those t's and dot those i's"

Yeah - I think Ubisoft still remembers the "outrage" after they said they wouldn't have a female character for Unity(?) because it would be too expensive to animate. They had one in both titles released after that.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Hey guys ubisoft just released a new patch to fix all the issues,here is a screenshot:
kTbSHGX.jpg

Just kidding,they downgraded graphical settings while making performance worse.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Continue the storyline of Assassin's Creed Origins in the first story expansion, The Hidden Ones. Explore the new Sinai Peninsula region to investigate a clash between a rebel faction and occupying Roman forces, and shape the Assassin's Creed of the early Brotherhood.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I wonder if rumors about Bayek being protagonist of next AC: Greece will come out as true. It depends on ending of last DLC, they will certainly show his death if it's his last appearence.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
"we need a female character or we'll be criticized"

Really gets the noggin jogging. The fact SJW's are placated by the obvious pandering goes to show how brain dead they are.

"I don't care how shit it is, as long as you cross those t's and dot those i's"

They aren't placated though. They never are, because they don't care about games, they just want to destroy things.

AssCreed Origins is a deliberate attempt to "claim" the franchise as being progressive/feminists/diverse, so as to justify it's further destruction.

Standard converged behavior: Take Successful Franchise -> Make it progressive -> Claim legacy sales from diehard fans are due to diversity -> Watch sales plummet -> Claim failure is because fans are racist.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok the educational guided tours are actually pretty good. Booted the game yesterday after 2 months, just to check it out, and spent 2 hours larping around Egypt as a white Greek tourist in a straw hat. Game manages to fill you up with historical info that's actually interesting for the most part. Just my 2cents.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Free cheat mode? In 2010s? Yes, official cheat mode with 75 options is coming: https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/.../this-month-in-assassins-creed®-origins-april

Animus Control Panel

For the first time in an Assassin’s Creed game, players will be able to tweak some game parameters to create their own game experience, thanks to the Animus Control Panel for PC.

The Animus Control Panel will be deployed on PC later this month. Ever fancied having three animal companions? The Animus Control Panel is your go-to.
  • 75 parameters within 11 categories
  • Three pre-created presets available
  • Presets created by players can be shared on a dedicated forum
  • The Animus Control Panel is embedded in Uplay Library’s page
april-update-img_321479.jpg

We will share more information about the Animus Control Panel and its dedicated forum closer to its release.

It seems you can make the game pretty "hardcore" experience with this thing.

Quillon

Arcane
Would recommend this, if you gonna do ubisoft check-listing, better do it up to date. I've played this & WD2 this spring, totally unremarkable but pretty & technologically impressive wastes of time.

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Did anyone play the two DLC expansions? I finished the game last year and didn't feel like revisiting it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom