Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

pippin

At this point it's for the best that they throw away any sort of attempt to be historically accurate. Historical fiction is an oxymoron to begin with, though.

Deleted member 7219

If it is made by the Black Fag team it should be good.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
TW3 namedropping is probably what we need to pay attention to. The whole reboot thing now reeks of laziness and greed.

"The management says we need to boost the AC series sales but MMO is out of question. What to do?"
"Well, open world ARPGs are all the rage lately. Just look at Skyrim and TW3."
"Sweet! Let's get to work."

Mark my words: it's going to crash and burn.

At this point it's for the best that they throw away any sort of attempt to be historically accurate. Historical fiction is an oxymoron to begin with, though.
To me, the sci-fi aspect of AC has always been the least interesting. Besides, no AC game was 100% historically accurate, and I don't mean just the Assassins vs. Templars stuff. As fictional stories they were was close enough though. Why not keep it that way and go full retard? There's a limit to how far you can push your crazy plot agenda without ruining the integrity of your setting. E.g. Alexander Dumas novels weren't exactly history lessons yet he didn't involve anything that would feel completely out of place.

pippin

To me, the sci-fi aspect of AC has always been the least interesting. Besides, no AC game was 100% historically accurate, and I don't mean just the Assassins vs. Templars stuff. As fictional stories they were was close enough though. Why not keep it that way and go full retard? There's a limit to how far you can push your crazy plot agenda without ruining the integrity of your setting. E.g. Alexander Dumas novels weren't exactly history lessons yet he didn't involve anything that would feel completely out of place.

You won't believe how many people actually believe "historical" productions are "truth". I've had some educated folk telling me "it was hard back then" when talking about Game of Thrones, for instance. Back then... when? When dragons were real?

On the other hand, Witcher 3 is not just namedropping, but actually recognizing their defeat. When Twitcher 3 was delayed, its game designer said that they asked for more time to polish (heh) the game to avoid an AC Unity situation. The quote was more or less "we're sorry about the Unity launch, but we can't allow that to happen with our game". That and tje free DLC program gave more power to CDPR while Ubisoft kept sinking. It's something to consider at least.

sullynathan

Arcane
Witcher 3 namedropping is bullshit. One thing Ass Creed really needs to fix is their shitty combat. It was easy and bad in the first game, more fun and easy in 2 and brotherhood and now that I've played Ass Creed 3 I can just say that its awful now. They need to take inspiration from some stealth games or the arkham games instead.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wwg.com/2017/05/06/next-assassins-creed-is-named-origins/

Next Assassin's Creed Is Named Origins, Rumoured To Feature Naval Combat

Assassin’s Creed is set to return in 2017, back from its brief hiatus after having skipped 2016. For keen fans of the series, however, the incessant leaks emerging from this year’s installment have almost made it as though it never left us. As E3 2017 looms, these leaks are only becoming more frequent. Under the veil of anonymity, Ubisoft sources have approached us to provide fresh details from this year’s game.

Previously, the good folks at Kotaku indicated that the project’s working title was Assassin’s Creed Empire, and that it would take place in Egypt. Since then, we’ve received new information that suggests the game is now called ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ and is currently scheduled to be revealed at E3 2017.

Our sources suggest that Origins is a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt. The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.

Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

Another source linked with Ubisoft described to us an internal video they were shown of a teaser for Origins. It apparently began by showing scenes of Egypt, before transitioning between different periods and locations throughout history, including an Asian country, WW2 era France, and a modern day Abstergo Industries facility. It isn’t yet clear whether this video, a blend of gameplay footage and CGI, will be shown to the public in its current form.

Assassin’s Creed Origins is currently set to launch in fall 2017.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/69bfno/rumor_assassins_creed_empire_apparent_leak/

[Rumor] Assassins Creed "Empire" apparent leak// Rumor (self.assassinscreed)

User /u/Sirusavath posted this in the comment section of a /r/ps4 thread:

The company I work for is involved with making pre-order cards for a couple of different department stores and a few weeks ago there was a new order for Far Cry 5. There was also one for Assassin's Creed: Origins. I saw some of the tenitive artwork for the later a few days ago and it's the Egypt game that has been rumored to be called Empire.

When I asked him for some other info he sent me this:

I didn't get to look at it for long but it was art for a reservation card for a US retailer. The game is called Assassin's Creed Origins and looks very much like it's set in Egypt. The artwork had a city with a pyramid in the background. In the centre of the card there is the new assassin walking toward the city. It looked like he was carrying a shield, a bow, and he had a hawk of some sort on his shoulder. Last bit of note is the reservation is for the Gold edition of the game which has the base game, the season pass and comes in a steelbook packaging. No idea what the price will be. This isn't the first time that I've found out about a game thanks to my work and in past experiences the game is usually announced before our printer ships the cards, or shortly after. I believe these are scheduled to shipped on the 30th so the official announcement should come by then,

Now its easy to just assume this guy is making it up. He might be. But his description adds up to some other leaks. And to top it off he has been a redditor for 5 years so he aint a obvious troll.

Edit: he deleted his account. What a snake.

Edit2: He is NOT a snake. He is a saint. Fellas your patience will soon be rewarded. Trust me on this. Trust me. I promise you.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sigh, they are wasting naval combat again...
They'd have used it for a %100 pirate focused game instead. Its funny how dense companies can be.

Sturmgewehr44

Novice
Prequels and remakes with the subtitles "Origins", "Begins", or "the Beginning" make my stomach churn, ever since the first two AC games I have never wanted to play another one.

typical user

Arbiter
Assassin's Creed has good story till Revelations. Shit hit the fan there with yet another cliff-hanger. Actually wait, shit hit the fan at the climax in the Brotherhood which killed the story. I mean someone had good vision in ACI with Abstergo launching satellite but then they decided that there needs to be aliens with all those idiotic messages, then the sun exploding, then Lucy's betreal and all those cliche villains in ACII and Brotherhood.

If not for the gameplay then Assassin's Creed would be the best in the franchise. Because it didn't have stupid characters, nonsensical story which is laid out so even 5 year olds can understand it.

I kinda wished that AC III would be more like Watch Dogs 2 but with comprehensive climax to Assassin's Creed story but instead we got Desmond killed so people who didn't play other games would play newer ones. (Like what the hell, I didn't play Witcher 1, didn't affect my gameplay in Witcher 2 or 3).

Assassin's Creed has become another Call of Duty for me, it's just shallow I don't even bother torrenting it.

willdunz

Literate
I recently played through Unity and Syndicate. Story is so fucking bad holy shit. Ubisoft is wasting the amazing settings(French Revolution and Victorian London) with their shitty stories.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-09-sources-leaked-assassins-creed-origins-image-is-legit

Sources: leaked Assassin's Creed: Origins image is real
Not long now.

An off-screen image of the next Assassin's Creed game has popped up on the internet - and three separate Eurogamer sources have confirmed it is indeed legit.

The image was posted to Reddit by user "shoutouttoashraf" (a now-deleted username that looks a lot like a reference to Ashraf Ismail, a Ubisoft staffer who worked on Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag and is currently down as working on an unannounced project at Ubisoft Montreal). It depicts a player character on a boat who wields a bow and arrow and wears a shield on their back.

jpg

The leaked image of Assassin's Creed: Origins, now hosted on Imgur.

Last week a report by WWG.com claimed the next Assassin's Creed was called Assassin's Creed: Origins and is a series prequel. Eurogamer sources have confirmed this is indeed the name of the game, it is a prequel and it's out later this year for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The image confirms boats return to the series after starring in Black Flag. A story from 2016 by Kotaku revealed the game, then codenamed Empire, would be set in Egypt.

The image also reveals the "Assassinate the Crocodile" mission, and includes the following text: "Follow Shadya to Khenut's villa." Khenut was a Queen of Egypt and the wife of King Unas who lived during the time of the Fifth dynasty of Egypt.

With E3 just a matter of weeks away, it won't be long before Ubisoft unveils Assassin's Creed: Origins, which is hotly anticipated after the series took a year off following Syndicate. A Ubisoft representative told Eurogamer: "We won't be making a comment on any rumours or speculations."

Deleted member 7219

Ga4vAqP.jpg

Would've preferred a Stone Age setting with Neanderthal assassin.

No big cities or monuments to climb. I guess they could do forest parkour but that would be it. No cool technology either. Just spears and axes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-set-assassins-creed-origins-has-leaked-again

Looks like Egypt-set Assassin's Creed Origins has leaked again
Pre-order incentive mentions bonus Pyramids mission.

The under-wraps Assassin's Creed Origins has been glimpsed once again - this time via a pre-order card from US retailer Target.

This card, an image of which was uploaded to Imgur, is notable for the fact it mentions a bonus mission, Secrets of the First Pyramids, which players can receive by placing a pre-order.

jpg

You can see one of the Egyptian pyramids in the background of the image, above. The character in the foreground appears to have an eagle on his shoulder. The card includes the old-style Ubisoft logo, but Eurogamer believes it to be legitimate.

It's at least the third time in the last month which the next Assassin's Creed has been spotted - despite the fact it is yet to be formally announced.

Four weeks ago, a screenshot from the game was posted online which a Eurogamer source verified as legitimate, that it had the final title of Assassin's Creed Origins, and would launch this year for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

This image confirmed the game's Ancient Egypt setting, and gave a brief look at its main character, who is armed with a circular shield and set of arrows.

Just last week this main character was spotted again, via a promotional T-shirt apparently due to be given out as a pre-order incentive at US retailer GameStop. The garment named Origins' main character as "Bayek".

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag director Ashraf Ismail, who is believed to be also directing Origins, tweeted "Nice shirt" in response.

Ubisoft declined to comment on the pre-order card when contacted by Eurogamer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.pcgamer.com/another-assassins-creed-origins-leak-reveals-an-october-release-date/

Another Assassin's Creed: Origins leak reveals an October release date
The leaks keep dripping.

A slew of leaks has already revealed the high points of Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed, an ancient Egyptian adventure subtitled Origins. And today, thanks to a Redittor who posted pictures of the latest issue of GameInformer on Imgur, we even have a release date: Barring delays, the game will be out on October 27.

The image of the inside cover indicates that Assassin's Creed: Origins will be available for purchase in four separate editions: standard, Deluxe, Gold, and Gold Steelbook. And in case the title wasn't sufficiently on-point, the cover itself strongly suggests that the game will depict the origin of the Assassin brotherhood, stating, "As an empire falls, a brotherhood rises."

We called Origins "one of the worst-kept secrets in videogames" yesterday, but today I think that's actually overstating it. I mean, is anyone even trying to keep their mouth shut at this point? It would be tremendously funny if all this virtual Egyptology turned out to be a great misdirect from Ubisoft, and that the real game is going to be a sci-fi extravaganza set in the far-flung future (Assassin's Creed: Andromeda, anyone?), but come on—that's not going to happen.

Despite all the leakage, none of this is official, and it will remain that way until Ubisoft's pre-E3 press event, which we will be covering for you at 1 pm PT/4 pm ET on June 12.

erJnRSfZ4MpamTDRqaBbgh-650-80.jpg

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
I recently played through Unity and Syndicate. Story is so fucking bad holy shit. Ubisoft is wasting the amazing settings(French Revolution and Victorian London) with their shitty stories.
muh freedumb

Behind it's fictional veneer, Ass Creed is everything wrong about gnostic libtard Whig history. It's only "grace" is the shit story that makes it all so damn comical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom