Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Origins - it's an RPG now

Modron

Arcane
Maybe they can work hard to make one devoid of filler that's actually fun to play and is interesting at the same time.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Pretty much, once the game became serialized annually there was no chance that happening. Honestly, if people are interested in the series they should just play the second one and forget the rest happened. (I guess some people hold black flag in relatively decent regard but I kind of gave up on the series before 3 was even released.)

Venser

Erudite
Can we finally get Assassin's Creed in feudal Japan with ninjas and samurai? It's like the franchise was made for that.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Only AssCreeds worthy playing are the second and the fourth one, somehow someone at Ubisoft briefly escaped the borg assimilation process long enough for those two titles.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Gameplay-wise the series had pretty much exhausted its potential as far back as Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Black Flag injected some life back in to it by incorporating the wind and sail mechanics in to it, but that could honestly only sustain the series for so long on its own. So now people are mainly sticking on for the various settings that the games take place in, which is why Assassins Creed 3 and Unity are held in such low regard, since Colonial America isn't an interesting enough setting for a game whose mechanics revolve around fast-paced parkour for the former, and the latter utterly squanders its setting amongst the French Revolution, one of the single most significant events of modern history.

Venser

Erudite
Assassin's Creed requires tall buildings. That is all.

They had some awesome castles

HimejiCastle_0570.jpg

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I guess some people hold black flag in relatively decent regard
Black Flag was terribly uneven. I'd say first half of the game (story missions) lived up to the legacy of AC2 but second half - starting with Nassau blockade - was simply going in circles: Templars - Sage - Observatory - Templars. Closer to the end the story stopped making any sense - even by AC standards. Also everyone and their dog was a pirate captain... what I mean to say is that Black Flag had a great setting but they largely failed to exploit its potential. Side missions were hit-or-miss too. Some assassinations were nicely designed and fun to solve. Naval contracts - not so much (and naval combat itself was too repetitive for something you had to do so often). Diving was a mess because controls barely worked so it felt completely random. Warehouses were rather heavily guarded and stealthy approach bonus was laughable (something like 500 reales).

Overall I'd rate it 7.5/10 - good but definitely not great.

Sjukob

Arcane
I thought it was "Ass's creed" ...

How the fuck do you spell this ?!

Rabbid

Savant
I thought it was "Ass's creed" ...

How the fuck do you spell this ?!

It's codex wordplay, so being snarky is a priority over being consistent. It wouldn't be so funny if it were Ass's Creed, would it?
It's mandatory you misspell every third (trademarked) word you write in here. Try calling The Witcher as The Bitcher from now on (don't google that name though).

sullynathan

Arcane
You rank brotherhood that high? Something about it was off compared to Ass Creed 2, the combat was definitely easier and added that instant kill thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom