Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Asking about Tales of xillia (And about the Tales of series)

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I'm searching for some gud animu shit in terms of videogames, and when I think in that the first thing that crosses my mind is the Tales of series. So, I was remembering that I obtained Tales of xillia 2 somehow, it's in my game library for some reason. And I was thinking about giving it a chance. I've heard that is famous (Or infamous?) bdue recycling the map of the previous game and stuff like that. It's worthy of my time? Maybe I should search for something better in the same series? Should I stop playing weaboo shit and go to play real men cRPG? Disscuzz.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If you want an anime action RPG that is good and not shit like the Tales of series then try Ys. And if you've already played Ys then might I suggest you replay that instead of playing Tales of.

Theldaran

Liturgist
I've been told that JRPG isn't in shambles like we in this forum thought...

Yeah, give a go to Xillia 2 since you don't have to pay further. If you like it you have Zestiria and Berseria. Also there's Shining Resonance Refrain. Ni no Kuni 2 (requires a good machine and I've heard the combat system sucks). Zanki Zero, coming 2019.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
ni no kuni 1 was quite good. stopped playing the sequel after about 2 hours though, absolutely irredeemable combat.

if you want to play a good Tales game then play the early ones, like Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny which are side-view combat (and thus much better). They also have way better stories and characters.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
if you want to play a good Tales game then play the early ones, like Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny which are side-view combat (and thus much better). They also have way better stories and characters.
While I do enjoy the earlier Tales Of games like Phantasia or Eternia, I think the 3D ones like Vepseria, Graces F (for combat) are also worth playing very much.

Xillia 2 I wouldn't know, although I'd dare say you should not start at a sequel and try and play one of the more acclaimed Tales Of games to get a better insight. So Phantasia, Symphonia, Vesperia, or even Beseria.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
BTW, in case you were curious about current state of emulated Tales games on RPCS3:

- Tales of Xillia 1 = 100% fully playable, can increase resolution, etc.

- Tales of Xillia 2 = haven't tried it yet but I imagine same as first one?

- Tales of Grace f = playable... but the fps limiter is glitched and you have to either play at 30fps and have battles play out at 50% speed (absolutely terrible), or use 60fps and have non-battle movement be at 2x speed (preferable but still weird af); also can't currently increase internal resolution.

- Tales of Vesperia (w/ english fan patch) = playable... and the fps limiter seems to be working fine... but performance is not there yet. On my rig runs at 15 fps.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
- Tales of Xillia 1 = 100% fully playable, can increase resolution, etc.

- Tales of Xillia 2 = haven't tried it yet but I imagine same as first one?
Dude EDIT (oh not Xillia) Vesperia is coming to PC.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
yah I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom