Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ash's WoW Raiding Nights

Ash_Firelord

Educated
Hey,

I'm melee officer in Immersion, and since I have to explain the raid fights to noobs anyway, I felt it would be fun to do so in a series of videos where people could mock my incompetence at vidja and silly voice.

Here's the first:

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Raiding Rule #1:

Don't stand in Teh Fire.

Rule #2:

See Rule #1

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would usually just bathe in fire, burn to death just to be done with it, then let my raid mates mop up the boss while I grab a snack or have a quick wank.
Much less stress and button clicking plus same chance @ EpIc drop

:lol:

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
This reminds me of one of the things I don't like about Blizzard's games: the mechanics.

They artificially increase the skill required to play at maximum efficiency by adding buttons to press in timed sequences. I'm not saying it's uber hard to perform very well on Wow (although it is on Starcraft), but I really don't take pleasure in feeling like a trained monkey, drooling over timers. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Dance Dance Revolution.

I would very much prefer to have meaningful tactical options and a streamlined "regular" attack mode.

6a00d83452532269e201bb08438f7f970d-pi

Sorry!

Ash_Firelord

Educated
This reminds me of one of the things I don't like about Blizzard's games: the mechanics.

They artificially increase the skill required to play at maximum efficiency by adding buttons to press in timed sequences. I'm not saying it's uber hard to perform very well on Wow (although it is on Starcraft), but I really don't take pleasure in feeling like a trained monkey, drooling over timers. Sometimes it feels like I'm playing Dance Dance Revolution.

I would very much prefer to have meaningful tactical options and a streamlined "regular" attack mode.

6a00d83452532269e201bb08438f7f970d-pi

Sorry!

I agree that rotation efficiency is one of the worst parts of the game mechanics, but in the end, being good at it only makes your numbers higher - it is much more important to know when and how to move during encounters, what to do, coordinate with other players, etc. The spell rotation was easily the least important part of my performance in the fight (hence I didn't even bother to talk about it).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom