Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Warfare: World of Tanks formerly from Obsidian

Idiott

Arcane
That narrator :lol:

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Holy shit, haha.

Anthony, get this guy (a programmer maybe? lulz) to voice every game Obsidian releases in the future.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Sorry obsidian, but your xp curve is absurd. You need to bring back the EA advancement speed.

You already have a grind fest built in with the retrofit system, that'll keep the wallet warriors and poopsocks sated.

Idiott

Arcane
10/10 party crew customization

reK67S6.jpg

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Thanks for the tip but it ended before I even woke up.

Also, Anthony Davis, while this may seem like a strange question, when do you intend to optimize the installer as it currently is a monstrosity and a mess of stuff just being pilled on one after another? That's actually the complaint I hear most often about the game.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Yeah, sucks to be late. ;_; At least I'll get that tier3 premium tank for playing in testing phase.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Thanks for the tip but it ended before I even woke up.

Also, Anthony Davis, while this may seem like a strange question, when do you intend to optimize the installer as it currently is a monstrosity and a mess of stuff just being pilled on one after another? That's actually the complaint I hear most often about the game.

We didn't make the installer - I wish we had.

One of the issues right now, especially if you played in the Alphas or the Betas, is that now it trys to download like 60 gigs to get it all sorted out. If you see that, just delete everything (I did it through the installer) and then reinstall, it's then a 10gb download.

I wish they would fix it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Interesting, and unfortunate.

One more question, your FAQ has a strange description about modding - Although the CryEngine does allow for modding, we will not allow this until the developers are convinced that mods are safe for all users, and are not detrimental to the play experience. One of my acquainted DramaModders wanted to know if that means general shunning of modding (no mod-tools and most of the files encrypted) in AW, or if you intend to have some kind of a system in place of approving them. Basically, the general dev view on mods.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Open beta means I can now get in so I thought I'd give it a shot... after an ungodly amount of time over the last few days I'm just not getting any better than woefully bad. I am frustrating shitty at it. Just might not be for me I guess.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Now I remember why I hate tank games like these. Campers everywhere, and camping basicly gives you and edge. Even in War Thunder sim battles you're getting constantly sniped if you want to move, therefore it reminds me more of chess with RNG, instead some action-packed game.
I'm back to aircraft sims :/

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What'd you expect SmartCheetah? It's a tank game, not Mad Max. :P
My experience with armored warfare in the alphas/betas was that it's more "action packed" than WoT or WT. Newer tanks that accelerate faster and whore guns ar eless inaccurate on the move. But anyone expecting to drive ahead like a maniac without situational awareness is begging to become swiss cheese.

Idiott

Arcane
Tiny cramped maps are bigger issue - when you're spotted you get instantly shot by several tanks even before sixth sense pops up. At least these new ones give you some more space.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Happy Veteran's Day to all who served!

A few pics from my time in the service:
LdzMLgC.jpg

ofbrKH0.jpg

If you guys login today, you should get a free "Veteran" style T-62.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Happy Veteran's Day to all who served!

If you guys login today, you should get a free "Veteran" style T-62.

Got it, is it any different from the stock one? I mean, does the camo work? :P

My nick's Szwaggi, by te way, if anyone's up for a game sometime

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
- Destributed some of their software using trojan-like applications

So i wanted to try out AW. Installed the my.com launcher which is needed to install AW, and the 'mycomgames' launcher prompted a connection with lsass.exe which is a core windows file to connect with some shady russian ip.

uninstall.exe instantly, ain't touching this russian trojan.

Idiott

Arcane
Apparently everyone will get a free tank (most likely Type 59, judging by this promo) somewhere around Christmas. Probably just have to log in during the event to receive it, like Veteran T-62.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
So the game is kinda dead?

Why do you think so? I'm playing it with few friends and enjoying a ton of it. After you get used to mechanics (and a lot of camping) it's pretty playable. Owning Chieftain Mk. V and XM1 + almost got Challenger 1.
They give people a lot of different bonuses which is nice and there is no gold ammo like in WoT. Game is going in a good direction IMO.

OFC keep in mind is arcadish as fuck. Don't even expect anything like War Thunder. At the same time - no russian bias ^^

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well dunno...

Tried to get into a tier 3 PVP game, 5 minutes in queue.
Less than 30 people total in PVE queue.

Well, I guess I'd play this with a proper single-player campaign. As a game, WoT is still better. But then again, WoT is horrible fukken shit.

eklektyk

Erudite
it prob hevily depends on time u try to play
i dont have any problems geting games instantly [keep in mind that mostly i boot it in high time - eu 7pm -10 pm central euro time]
but grind from tier 4 cheap ass rust bucket to tier 5 is brutal ... nearly 2 mil copmpared to 49x k is huge jump in time needed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom