Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Warfare: World of Tanks formerly from Obsidian

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
so for those ofyou I gave a code to, I think you just have today... and maybe tomorrow?

However, you are AUTOMATICALLY in each subsequent test and beta run.

Generally they are propping the servers up every few days to a week and you should automatically get in each of those.

Apexeon

Arcane
It shouldn't even require that. Everyone who signed up for the beta on the AW website will eventually get in. Of course, I think we've had over 500,000 beta applicants...

If you've already signed up, PM me the email you used for the beta and I will see if I can get it bumped up. If you do not have an account and if you have NOT clicked the join beta button, there is nothing I can do.

Yeap 500K wanting to get into the beta.

Good business move for OE.

They were not going to tank on this (unless they **** up the dev).
If its solid and its got those sexy modern tanks they can corner the top end of the tank market.

Starwars

Arcane
Been playing this a bit last night and today. Have absolutely no experience with these types of games, nor am I tank nerd at all, but I'm finding the game fun. I kinda like that most matches tend to be pretty short, seems like a great game to play if you have limited time. Just had a pretty epic game which ended up a lot longer than usual though where me and a teammate just barely managed to capture their base (while being one shot from death) before the opposing team.

Fun stuff.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The similarities with WoT isn't doing the game any favours though. WGnet have had a lot more time to polish and balance, so whenever you compare similar features on the two, AW comes up unfavourable.
Its main strengths at the moment is that it feels a lot less grindy. Especially when it comes to getting "mandatory upgrades" like 6th sense in WoT. On the whole, the stock tanks haven't been nearly as painful to drive as in WoT where you're basically being punished for playing until you've fully upgraded your vehicle.

Idiott

Arcane
I imagine they will adjust the grind later, similar to what WG did with ships: fast progress in closed tests for people to get high tier stuff, standard grind in open beta. Can't have F2P game where you are able to get to max tier too fast.

I still hope they can do something constructive with MBTs as a class without nerfing everything else to the ground in the process. Clearly the WOT-heavy-like approach doesn't work (plus retarded HEI mechanics where 20mm autogun is able to chip your HP by shooting your 200mm+ thick armor).

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Don't think this is a great looking game, shows just how the minsk lot really made that awful bigworld engine really sit up and beg for buttermilk visually.

Also amazes they put pieces of shit like the M60 and T62 in the game but left the Centurion out... I mean, it was only the tank that utterly dominated the early and mid cold war era.

I'm liking the scouts and designating targets.

Feels less of a pain in the arse to play, something about WOT sent my blood pressure to dangerous levels.

If they can keep their foot on the Jews neck in terms of prices i might get in to this.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Fun game, needs to enter open beta for me to sink any real time into it though. After learning the maps there's little intention of grinding shit twice.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Anthony Davis

Who's developing this game ant, obsidian or a russian team?

Invisible tanks are an issue, they should drop stealth as soon as a shot is fired. Asshole TD's (me) need to learn to relocate after shooting someone in the ass. Modern vehicles have the speed for it.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
It's 100% Obsidian. The current build is old... More than a month, almost two.

When Russia goes open beta, which should be soon, that build is a lot newer - though still old, lol.

Vehicles and stealth is constantly being tuned and iterated on. I think in the newest build, you ALWAYS know when you are shot from stealth, but the vehicle can still be out of visual range - in which case you see them on the minimal. I'm not sure though, it's a fast changing mechanic.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
New early access update soon and its looking to be a whopper change wise. Economy changes always makes me nervous though.

Game feels really good and responsive, I'm wondering how much of it is calculated server side.

Really enjoyed playing around with the early access tanks as well. I think I'll treat myself.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Hah, Mail.ru is an official distributor of the game in Russia

ooh boy
I wonder if Obsi even know about the snake they re dealing with

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well they're not really known for fair business practice
from the top of my head this hueh conglomerate (and now it's really a hueg conglomerate which buys and uses everything, not just a mail service)
- Stolen other's code for their own software without license
- Destributed some of their software using trojan-like applications
- Buy projects and turn them into shit with pay to win worse than any Korean developer would dream of
- Did the previous thing to first russian MMO (Allods Online) which was a big drama in rus community (although first it was Astrum, but then Mail.ru also got Perfect World so eh - I wonder if there was ever any other RPG where you had an item that with 0.00000001 chance gave you admin privileges)
- Known for corruption and bribery, casually used bots to get enough votes in a farce known as Runet Prize

So some russian players already believe that P2W is just a matter of time if Mail.ru is steering the wheel

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Well they're not really known for fair business practice
from the top of my head this hueh conglomerate (and now it's really a hueg conglomerate which buys and uses everything, not just a mail service)
- Stolen other's code for their own software without license
- Destributed some of their software using trojan-like applications
- Buy projects and turn them into shit with pay to win worse than any Korean developer would dream of
- Did the previous thing to first russian MMO (Allods Online) which was a big drama in rus community (although first it was Astrum, but then Mail.ru also got Perfect World so eh - I wonder if there was ever any other RPG where you had an item that with 0.00000001 chance gave you admin privileges)
- Known for corruption and bribery, casually used bots to get enough votes in a farce known as Runet Prize

So some russian players already believe that P2W is just a matter of time if Mail.ru is steering the wheel

Well, there is a small chance that them turning to well known western developer is a sign that some gears started turning in their thick skulls.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
How's optimization now, lads?

A'ight, I tested it and it feels way better now.

Last edited:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
From RAE-2015 expo:

preview_2d2a043f4d70016104eee554586ca870.jpg

Idiott

Arcane

Open Beta already and only about 7 PvP maps in the game, let's see how bitching about getting same map over and over goes :troll:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Open Beta already and only about 7 PvP maps in the game, let's see how bitching about getting same map over and over goes :troll:

There should be 9 PVP maps for OBT, including Lost Island and our new 1400x1400 map, Reactor. Very shortly after OBT, we will have even more maps released.

We are also launching with over 25 PVE maps, which will quickly ramp up to over 30 PVE maps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom