Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
So, how do you build a city in this game?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Indeed:

mason_at_the_beach_2_by_zeealex-d7u5ox3.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Arma 3 is working MP for me now.

I'd install the chick mod but pooc only wants to romance guys and the rest of us don't about care chicks in video games so I won't bother. (Or at least I don't think they do).

Anyways, for now, only mod is (in either Arma 2 or 3 and not mandatory) sthud.

In the future I want to add ACE but herding cats is difficult enough as it is.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I like to think of it as training people to eliminate undesirables at the proper time.

It's a chore. Probably creating monsters.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Orma likes gravel up his butt again. Not sure why. This time he got rid of most of his clothes. Still, we basically completed the mission. Maybe it was broken but we got the pilots.

Actually finished the mission after that. I was so amazed.

9cyhBI1.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
arma 3 is shit game

instantly sniped by AI every time while rambo fuggers kill in the double digits

The problem, Omega isn't really the AI. It's the fireteam.

Generally we are playing about 2-5 guys. We're also attempting missions that require more. Which isn't a big deal if everyone has their shit together and plays careful.

And by 'shit together' I mean basic stuff like listening and obeying the leader even if you think he's a fucktard, staying in formation, covering your angles, calling targets, requesting permission to fire, kindergarten stuff like that.

But for some reason a rogue rambo always thinks it's fun to ignore most of that and run off and get some kills. So what happens is the rogue runs off and fires at random, attracts AI from who knows where, doesn't communicate, leaves the fireteam one member short and gets some kills or gets killed. Of course now you have enemies coming from all over, the fireteam is even weaker than it was, is disoriented and is possibly in several fire fights at once.

Mr. Rogue gets a few kills, everone dies and the mission isn't accomplished. He's happy because he's at the top of 'the list'.

So it's not really the AI fucking you over, it's your 'teammate' that doesn't give a shit about the rest of the fireteam.

Hang in there, you'll have fun, one day. There are ways to deal with those types. They don't last long.

Last edited:

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Marksmen DLC is out. $18 bucks. I'll pass for now, it's more than I paid for the game.

But as far as I can tell besides the seven new Marksmen guns and a mission or two showing them off, the rest is free in a 1.3GB Arma 3 update.

Only notable thing I've noticed so far is the ability to finally use bipods and rest your weapon for better accuracy. In Config->Weapons->Deploy Weapon it defaulted to "C" for me. So make sure yours isn't conflicting with anything.

Oh and this:

IMPROVED RECOIL & AI SUPPRESSION

Fire personal weapons with a greater feeling of power and authenticity. Observe Artificial Intelligence units suffer impaired combat efficiency when under fire.

Most of the other features seem to be stuff that's already do-able with mods or scripts, so I'm not actually all that excited. There might be a few other interesting tid-bits in there but I haven't found them yet.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
How is single player in arma 3 and 2 ? I'm replaying OFP 1 and then will play arma 1 and am wondering about arma 3 and 2.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
2 has mixed campaigns and missions, some are good, some are bad. Overall you should enjoy it (it's way better than 1's for sure, but far from OFP and add on).

3 is utter shit, you'd be better playing CoD campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom