Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane PREY - Arkane's immersive coffee cup transformation sim - now with Mooncrash roguelike mode DLC

Siel

Arcane
Patron
official art :

Ck9QtiOUUAAxZwm.jpg
Ck9QxA-VAAEBD-p.jpg
Ck9Q1IeVEAA8gk4.jpg
Ck9Q8PCUoAEO5KV.jpg

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Interesting info in Pete Hines interview for Playstation.

It's called a psychoscope:

uGdGtzP.png

And it's the reason MC's eye turns red. It will be one of the most important gameplay features.

Also at the end of the trailer, it's not a clone but the MC watching a mirror that actually is a video of himself he recorded before.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Do we know on what engine will new Prey run? Is it Void engine, some tech of id Software or maybe Unreal 4?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see why they wouldn't use the same engine as their other games. In general, the AAA industry is moving towards the use of unified in-house engines. Like how all EA games use Frostbite now.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I don't see why they wouldn't use the same engine as their other games. In general, the AAA industry is moving towards the use of unified in-house engine and tools.

Well I don't know maybe they moved to Void Engine but from what I understand Void Engine was designed for Dishonored painting look. Pretty sure they'll go the realistic looking route with Prey.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I don't see why they wouldn't use the same engine as their other games. In general, the AAA industry is moving towards the use of unified in-house engine and tools.

Well I don't know maybe they moved to Void Engine but from what I understand Void Engine was designed for Dishonored painting look. Pretty sure they'll go the realistic looking route with Prey.
That's p. superficial for an engine. Dishonored 1 was UE3 after all.

Bethesda just likes rebranding engines for some reason, much like Creation is just Gamebryo, Void is just Idtech 5.

tormund

Arcane
I recall reading some rumors that claimed how Bethesda intends to turn Void engine into THE engine for their games. Dishonored 2, Evil Within 2, maybe even their future RPG titles.
I don't know if there is any truth to that, but that's why I assumed that Prey 2 is running on it (that and the fact that another Arkane game is using it).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd say it's possible that they'll always have two separate engines, one for open world RPGs and one for everything else, because of the vastly different demands of such games, but we'll see.

Ivan

Arcane
why wouldn't they just use Idtech6 since it's ohhh, they had already started on 5 I guess derp

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
We know for sure Dishonored 2 is using idtech, it only makes sense their other game in the same vein uses the same technology.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
So you're saying Arkane is run by retards that will keep using a dead engine instead of one that is both shared and internal?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So you're saying Arkane is run by retards that will keep using a dead engine instead of one that is both shared and internal?

Development started in 2013, and at time CryEngine was apparently the only viable option. Id Tech 6 is fairly new and ergo not used, and id Tech 5 (Void) is only useful for mission-based games like Dishonored 2, while it has already been said that Prey is one big open space station.

So yeah, CryEngine is a good bet.

Use logic, faggot.

Ash

Arcane
I wish I could be optimistic that this will be a legendary hardcore Immersive Sim that I can fall in love with, but I just can't.
On the other hand, this will reach the masses and hopefully overwrite Bioshock's pathetic existence. That I will be optimistic about.

"Mick Gordon, the guy who composed D44M, is the composer of Prey."

First red flag. :decline:

Give me some solid drum & bass contrasted by spooky ambience as in System Shock 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
I thought the typical use case for CryEngine was for sprawling outdoors games. This game may have one big space station, but that means indoor corridors and it could still be divided into load zones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom