Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Are you ready for the future of gaming, Codex?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
"... in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war whining."

The more i hear about this Anita figure, the more i believe she's not really a feminist. She's just a cunt with daddy issues.
She's a saleswoman who was never interested in games and feminism before she met her current boyfriend. It's quite possible that she's just a front for her feminist boyfriend. Or just using the ideology to get lots of cash.

Hey, the anatomy is actually recognizable as human there, which puts it in the top .001% (possibly even more 0s) of images like it.
It's still horrible vulgar crap.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This sucks, I studied english and american studies for a year and it was amazing fun and pretty hard =/

Studying English, Sociology, Cultural Studies and other such things is really fun in college... just prepare for it to give you no job opportunities whatsoever afterward.

Cadmus

Arcane
This sucks, I studied english and american studies for a year and it was amazing fun and pretty hard =/

Studying English, Sociology, Cultural Studies and other such things is really fun in college... just prepare for it to give you no job opportunities whatsoever afterward.
I know, that's why I quit. (and I was lazy)
But learning about all the writers and poets, phonology, grammar and translating and writing and speaking was amazing and surprisingly applicable in real life (like phonology for singing, who would have thought?). It helped me read and understand texts better, helped with critical analysis, helped with proper writing and many more things, I absolutely don't consider it a time wasted, so I wonder if the infamous american English Majors study something different or it's just that it has no value in english speaking countries.

deuxhero

Arcane
English courses here (and from the headbangingly stupid shit I've seen British English majors write, pretty sure it's the same there) only cover the "writers and poets" part past middle school (if even that).

If you are in a country where translating from English is actually covered in English courses, it's prob qualify you for more than any English degree would over here.

Black

Arcane
This thread is just filled with white straight male CIS-gendered RAPE.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
"This is the first time the GDC Ambassador Award has been given to a woman."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Developers_Choice_Awards#Ambassador_Award
2014: Anita Sarkeesian (Feminist Frequency)[7]
2013: Chris Melissinos (Sun Microsystems)
2012: Kenneth Doroshow and Paul M. Smith (the lawyers in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association who argued for the Entertainment Merchants Association in the US Supreme Court.)
2011: Tim Brengle and Ian Mackenzie (Organizers of the Game Developers Conference volunteer program for 20+ years[8])
2010: Jerry Holkins, Mike Krahulik and Robert Khoo
2009: Tommy Tallarico
2008: Jason Della Rocca
2007: George Sanger
2006: Chris Hecker
2005: Sheri Graner Ray
2004: Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk
2003: Doug Church (Eidos Interactive)
2002: Jeff Lander
2001: John Carmack
Apparently even that was a lie. :lol:

At least they seem to be staying with the program:
She is author of the book, Gender Inclusive Game Design-Expanding the Market and is the computer game industry’s leading expert on the subject of gender and computer games.

Good picks though, apparently bitching about shit on YouTube is worth a lot more than a lifetime of actual achievement (this is from /v/ I think, the one on the bottom right is the Kinuko gal):
women-game-industryk7sjg.jpg

tumblr_mqwnsrUmR81qa4leho1_500.jpg

:drink:

The question is: what the fuck does she have to do with video games development that she's influencial enough and why this trend won't die already? Outside of circlejerking.

Project: Eternity
"... in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war whining."

The more i hear about this Anita figure, the more i believe she's not really a feminist. She's just a cunt with daddy issues.
"Anita" as we know her was created by her boyfirend to get money from white knights and feminists.

Cadmus

Arcane
Can somebody explain to me what does SJW stand for?
Video game awards being shit, that's new.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Can somebody explain to me what does SJW stand for?
SJW - social justice warrior. Someone who sees "rape culture"(sex=rape, looking at a woman=rape etc.), misoginy, racism, homophobia everywhere and loves to whine about it (mostly on the internet), apparently you can make a career out of it. Outside of the mainstream political correct type of sjws there are also more exotic variations. People who complain about the discrimination of furries, otherkin, demonkin and/or invent weird "special snowflake" labels for themselves like: "transethnic, demisexual, neckbeard-phobic, feminist werewolf-kin". All sorts of wacky stuff. There is a subreddit devoted to finding insane sjws on tumblr (trigger warning: X-treme stupidity)
http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction

Black

Arcane
It's bad that he wants gay stuff added to the game just because. Gays already have Gone Home, why force their shit into different games.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Somehow, i don't care.
She's not going to make games, so who gives a flipping shit anyways.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
No but the game industry listens to her (and other sjw-tards) whining. Therefore we can expect games augmented with Sarkeesian-esque shittiness.

Keshik

Arcane
Wish the Internt Outrage machine would die, Sarkeesian's part of it. Of late, Blizzard's April Fool's jokes were sexist with the Draenei and Liddy Raynor somehow.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
No but the game industry listens to her (and other sjw-tards) whining. Therefore we can expect games augmented with Sarkeesian-esque shittiness.

And they will fail in sales. And then those shit companies will hopefully go out of business. And maybe The Second Video Game Crash will finally happen.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
I don't exactly understand when feminism became "Women are forbidden to be sexy". Isn't that the opposite of what Marilyn Monroe (who was part of the feminist vanguard) taught us? I thought the concept of feminism was exactly giving women the right to be sexy, among several other rights (such as voting and working). Now it's the other way around?

What the fuck is this shit? Following this retarded progression, males dressing the way they want and females covering their sexy parts would technically be the most "correct" and least sexist. Oh wait - that's what we have in Iran.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*As a lot of the codex aren't from countries where native English speakers are the majority I should point out majoring in English is considered completely worthless professionally here as all English classes past middle school ever teach you is to increase your word count past an arbitrary minimum (it doesn't even help qualify you for teaching English! Any degree at all lets you do that).

It also seems that quite a few of the university-educated internet warriors (of the social justice or conservative crusader variants doesn't really matter) seem to lack any sort of critical approach to their chosen ideology. Most, if not all of my friends from my university, whether male or female, just shake their heads at this new wave of feminism (which seems to originate from the Anglo-American world). Most of these friends, it should be mentioned, studied the humanities, and quite a few did a lot of courses on gender studies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom