Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Are you ready for a Mandate in space?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hm, doesn't look as if starbase boarding will make it... too bad.

They are already pushing for DLCs and "season pass" shit way ahead of time plus it is Real Turd with Pause. And too many gimmicky exclusives, reward promises and game features. They will burn through the money and cut a publisher deal to save their ass.

Backed.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I wonder what the same guys will be saying a year from now, when the project is seriously delayed and has run out of money, lol!

Edit: Just read the FAQ and it says "The Mandate is being built as a AAA RPG experience" - that says it all. (a) they're trying to make a AAA level game for less than 1 million and (b) none of the seem to have much experience with RPGs

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well this certainly looks like an interesting mix between Star Trek 25th anniversary, Homeworld & FLT...for $20 I'll take the chance
Backed

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eh, I liked what I saw for the most part but two things kept me from pledging for this one: 1)
"Season pass" [3 first content updates and first expansion pack]
2) no boxed version :P. If it gets the Codex Seal of Approval when it's released I'll pick it up.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This is one of the more ambitious KS i have seen lately, we realy need a good scifi rpg, so the ME people can shut the fuck up.

Backed out at last minute for the reasons I've given above + by the time this will be released and I'll find the time to play it, it will have been bundled with a bunch of other games at $6 + they did well enough to ensure they will be spoiled and go overbudget, especially with those stretch goals.

If only it were TB. Referencing JA, XCOM for combat and going RTwP. sigh...

Edit: Just read the FAQ and it says "The Mandate is being built as a AAA RPG experience" - that says it all. (a) they're trying to make a AAA level game for less than 1 million and (b) none of the seem to have much experience with RPGs

They have experience with pretty serious triple-A games with RPG Lite mechanics and simulative subsystems which is plenty to go on. It is their language and rather flashy show offs that make me think. Similarly, I predict that it will be a tight and fun game with good production values and popamole RPG Lite elements but a bit too repetitively gamey and nothing too deep or mechanics driven as JA and XCOM.

imweasel

Many of the developers are Skyrim fags with over 200 hours of gameplay each.
2i7s1ao.png

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/comments?cursor=5258560

Be prepared for awesomeness!

:hearnoevil::troll::balance:

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

They have experience with pretty serious triple-A games with RPG Lite mechanics and simulative subsystems which is plenty to go on. It is their language and rather flashy show offs that make me think. Similarly, I predict that it will be a tight and fun game with good production values and popamole RPG Lite elements but a bit too repetitively gamey and nothing too deep or mechanics driven as JA and XCOM.
Even (especially?) a tight popamole game costs money, if you want good graphics, voice over and high production qualities. A true RPG would cost much more, so I'm not even expecting that.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
True RPG would cost much less than Bloom (Good Graphics :hahano:) Actors doing Voice Acting and Telewitz Marketing Campaign; the fact that they have jewgold for former but want AAA :popamole:made Commissar to not pledging on this despite very interesting premise. He want to be wrong on this, he really does but this game does have strong smell of vaporware.

Chunkyman

Augur
I backed at $70 ($20-tier plus $50 for digital add-ons) because that will enable me to immortalize myself in the game for a reasonable price via the design-an-officer reward.

I'm a bit worried about the game overall because it seems like $700,000 is not enough money considering the scope of the game, with them underestimating costs likely leading to either a shallow, broken game, or having to make a deal with one of the bigger publishers to finance the rest of it. Since both of those would be rather undesirable, I'm really hoping my fears are unfounded.

Lhynn

Arcane
I backed at $70 ($20-tier plus $50 for digital add-ons) because that will enable me to immortalize myself in the game for a reasonable price via the design-an-officer reward.

I'm a bit worried about the game overall because it seems like $700,000 is not enough money considering the scope of the game, with them underestimating costs likely leading to either a shallow, broken game, or having to make a deal with one of the bigger publishers to finance the rest of it. Since both of those would be rather undesirable, I'm really hoping my fears are unfounded.
KS is not going to be where the real money is coming from apparently, not all of it at least.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
The notion of people leaving bigger companies for this one is what I found the most appealing. Roll the dice and hope something good comes of it.

Wonder who those mystery devs are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom