Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Are you ready for a Mandate in space?

Name

Cipher
If their kickstarter fail, they will announce alternative fundings/partners/whatever already in place.
If their kickstarter succeed, they will announce additional fundings/partners/whatever already in place.
If true, why let the KickStarter fail? Just put the alternate funding into the KickStarter and wey-hey, successful KickStarter whatta ya know?

Oh, I just thought kickstarting oneself is kind of risky/shady on their part. I don't know much about Kickstarter rules or regulations. You mean they could just ask their partner to pour in the funding to kickstarter then? But then Amazon and Kickstarter will take a cut. Hmm...

Eh wait is that a rhetorical question?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Sure it's shady but "successful KickStarter" sounds a lot better than "failed KickStarter" when you're advertising - and especially if you want further funding. If they fall $50k - $100k short, I can't see them NOT kicking that in (assuming they have it), on the basis that it would then guarantee them another $400 - $450k. Otherwise they lose the lot.

CWagner

Augur
Backed it at $40. I pretty much love everything about it. And I really hope they step up their marketing. And I hope they have additional funding as 500k seems low for what they have planned.

oscar

Arcane
I hope they use the Romanov/Imperial Russia alternate history theme quite well, with the culture, values, dress, speech etc reflecting it rather than copy-pasting 21st century :patriot:/West Euro values and thinking into the future.

Playing the character creation seems to freeze my computer once I get past the 'security' thing.

ED: Lore seems interesting. Going to play a :obviously: Tsarist of course.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well it looks nice if they can pull it off. If they can retain the feeling of the vastness of space, I'm in. One of the things that pissed me off about ME was that they managed to make our unbelievably huge galaxy feel like a small playground
ME2/3 you mean, right?
in ME1 it wasnt as bad. true, it was really small, but actually felt bigger than it should have been, at least to me.

Quite so. ME1 was able to create the convincing feeling that space was still a vast frontier and that our best efforts at civilization in space was a few isolated settlements.

As far as this game goes, I wasn't very excited at first, but then I realized (as pitched) it was actually everything I had ever wanted from a Space RPG.

Well, close enough.

oscar

Arcane
Hopefully there'll be a Yusopov dynasty about. Perhaps the point of divergence could even be Rasputin successfully persuading the Tsar to make peace.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is now halfway funded with 1/3 of the time left. If they get the typical last-day pledge burst that should be good enough to reach the funding goal, but this is not a typical campaign so who knows what will happen.

They seem well organized, so it wouldn't surprise me if they have sock-puppets lined up to pad the pledges if that's what it takes to push it past the goal.

Lhynn

Arcane
But i havent heard from this anywhere but in the codex, i thought itd be a more popular campaign.

Turjan

Arcane
This looks pretty interesting. I hope they will manage to get this game done.

Anyway, at the moment, I'm more of the mood to wait what the projects I pledged to deliver.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Fargo just backed this game. Probably this will bring in some more backers.
Seems like it did, it jumped nearly 40K in a day.
It's at 350K now and with 10 days left to raise 150K, it seems quite likely to get funded now. The final spurt should push them past the goal.

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
They will make it, with already 8300 backers they can ask any partner to push their KS campaign with some high tiers pledges past the goal. That happened quite a lot, but future publishing partners never reveal themselves at this point because this would hurt the indie/underdog status of those projects.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
well, i hope they do get funded. would be cool, even if their kickstarter was kinda weird.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Holy Moly Batman! The Character Creator alone is better CYOA than AoD... Will pledge on paypal/preorder ASAP; Which backround will be best to RP Ungern Khan character? Space Romanov or Space Prussian/Cossak?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Romanov all the way.

Space_800.jpg

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Why do I keep reading "Mandate in Heaven"... Might & Magic 6 Remake... :(

Severian Silk

The idea is pretty awesome. I hope they pull it off.

What is ship to ship combat supposed to play out? Is it like Homeworld? I'm a pretty huge Homeworld fan. Or like Star Wolves or Nexus?

Name

Cipher

kaizoku

Arcane
The space combat gameplay clip looked like crap.

How does the boarding combat plays out?
Is it TB?

Baron

Arcane

How does the boarding combat plays out? Is it TB?

Yeah, I agree. The little that I saw of it looked a bit weak, but I'm impressed with the other components so I hope they improve ship to ship combat. The breached shields looked impressive, but the movement of ships in combat looked dodgy.

Still, very impressive concept with some tasty (and ambitious) gameplay elements.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

How does the boarding combat plays out?
Is it TB?

Didn't look like it, and at a glance nothing about the game looks particularly challenging.

I'm excited anyway. The setting, lore, and art direction are very promising. Ship management looks fun, if nothing else.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom