Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Are you ready for a Mandate in space?

puppyonastik

Augur

To me, hiring an orchestra sounds like an "All in". Normally we see kickstarters and other projects wait till the end or unlock it as a stretch goal. These fuckers are checking that one off the list before they even began the campaign (scoring was 22nd of Sept. Campaign started 3rd of Oct.). Either they believe in their product with extreme zeal, or they already have the funding/willpower and the kickstarter campaign *IS* the stretch goal.
-----------
Also: Dev Log 1

Name

Cipher
Is the prologue they are going to release next week just a character builder? I don't know, unless it has Darklands quality of character creation, it won't help much with advertising the project right?

GlutenBurger

Cipher
To me, hiring an orchestra sounds like an "All in".

Hm. It seems like the orchestra may have only worked on the theme so far, but commissioning original music at this stage is still extreme. That plus the Greenlight thing upgrades my "naive idealists" impression to "a bunch of lunatics." Lunacy is far more attractive.

Maybe it's the whiskey in me, but I'm starting to think there's a chance I'll be pitching in at the $20 tier before the campaign is over.

Name

Cipher
The laggy (at least in firefox) character creator using Unity Web player.
They got the sci-fi space opera feel all right.
Also it comes with a ship "builder" where you are given a laser and astroids that can be spammed to penetrate the hull but not the whole ship.

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I stil think it looks pretty good - very Rogue Trader'ish feel.. I just can't stop thinking "Manatee in Space" everytime I see the name now, thanks to GlutenBurger.

hiver

Russia is nothing more then a clone of US now. Mentality, economics, everyday life. A game that blatantly reinforces that? On top of being a spectacularly idiotic, shallow cheap form of cheapest shit sci-fi - while daring to call itself Science fiction?

:killit:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I would only be interested in this game if my Russian Shepard could hit the bitches in the face, kick them on the stomach then fuck them while drinking a bottle of vodka at same time. Like a true russian hero should.
:yeah:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i wonder what will happen once they fail their kickstarter...

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
possible, but that would still make for a funny announcement to read.

Name

Cipher
If their kickstarter fail, they will announce alternative fundings/partners/whatever already in place.
If their kickstarter succeed, they will announce additional fundings/partners/whatever already in place.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think that "greenlit" means that Steam has agreed to distribute the game once it exists, if it does turn out to exist.

I pledged, what the hell. I'll keep an eye on the updates and decide in a month whether or not to withdraw. The concept is ambitious and I'd like to see what they come up with, but I wonder what they can actually pull off. This is the kind of risk that Kickstarter is pretty much all about.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If their kickstarter fail, they will announce alternative fundings/partners/whatever already in place.
If their kickstarter succeed, they will announce additional fundings/partners/whatever already in place.
If true, why let the KickStarter fail? Just put the alternate funding into the KickStarter and wey-hey, successful KickStarter whatta ya know?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom