Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware Arcturus - The curse and loss of divinity = Ongoing translation

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Helly, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Installed and ready to rock!

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Still one final micro issue that'll be solved tomorrow evening and I'm giving the prologue a green light!
    As long as you don't mind borked english and placeholder graphics, you just might enjoy yourselves :shittydog:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    So this means that it'll just be the Prologue that will be in English? If so, will you be able to install subsequent patches with the same save game?

^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    The patch itself is quite small in size (roughly a thousand files though) and updating it won't break your saves.
    Everything is translated, but I've only finished checking the prologue - the rest is still a bit raw and probably buggy!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    And here we go!
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/49k1ndab3no76dc/Arc011217.rar (pass: Codex2017)
    Just unzip everything in the install folder (overwriting ArcExe.exe) and you're good to go. Everything in the prologue should work, except for these:
    -Worldmap placeholder text - you'll see what I mean :oops:
    -I've replayed the opening just after uploading the patch and I've already seen some mistakes I missed the first time (symbolizing, not symbolising, you fool :argh:)
    -Character names in the menu are placeholders too
    -Books and other documents are still in japanese for some reason
    -Lines end abruptly. That's an edition problem I'll deal with once everything else is done

Everything from Act 1 to the Ending IS translated and in the patch, but you can expect some bugs, nonsense and crashes.

If you encounter crashes or game-breaking bugs, do tell me!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Goldfist Goldfist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again zwanzig_zwoelfgender: ⚧ NOT FRIENDRY PERSON Developer

zwanzig_zwoelf
    Parrots:
    Finally. I'm tired of watching Sizzle getting his balls stomped before encountering that friggin' crash.
    :martini:

^ Top  
  7. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Was having a nice time getting into this, then experienced a horrible bug in the port city where every building you enter, the screen turns completely white. You can still "move" around, but you can't see anything.

Seems like a really unique game that I can't wait to get into properly, but I might have to wait a little while for some of the bugs to be sorted and the translation to be edited a little further. Thanks again for all your work, Helly. Can't wait to see this project continue.

Unless of course the bug is a problem with the game itself and not the translation patch, in which case I am fucked.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Wait, which port is it? Answers? Tynie?

^ Top  
  9. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Yeah, Tynie.

^ Top  
  10. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    My latest update might have broken something, because Tynie's buildings used to work. I'll check it out tonight...

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Hellygender: ⚧ Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Parrots:
    Well, I replayed the act from a previous savepoint and didn't have any white screens... (but I did find several mistakes I thought I had corrected :-/)
    Did you have any error message or anything? Or did you do anything special in particular before?
    Also, what do you use to play the game? I launch it with D3DWindower.
    EDIT: Well, now I have them too after starting a new game. What the heck :-/ It's gone after saving and reloading, though...

EDIT2: Alright, I've done more testing: you'll have to do at least one Save & Reload in Ragnie (the first town) before leaving and it should be enough to prevent the game from crashing indoors later. I'll look for an explanation if it happens again later on.

EDIT3:Also, here's an updated version of the patch:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/upnt20oh06igl39/Arc021217.rar

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Jinngender: ⚧ Cipher

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Helly, I finally had some time to play back up to where I was again. Looks like the bug is fixed! I can see now when I enter buildings in Tynie.

I will however continue waiting until the translation is a little closer to being finished. This doesn't seem like the type of game I would replay much, so I figure it should be in the best state for my playthrough.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. LuxEtUmbragender: ⚧ Barely Literate

LuxEtUmbra
    Parrots:
    Having interest for some years in this game, and now I can finally play it. First, I want to thank you Helly for your efforts on translating it.
    If you want some help with the playtesting, I can help. Played a little using the "Arc021217.rar" patch. So far, only one crash at Ragnie's Inn, speaking with Hans, after collecting all the money to Sizz's father. He speaks about the man that first entered Sizz father's shop and the game crashes. Changing to japanese passes the dialogue.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    After this dialogue, Sizz says Thanks Hans and the game crashes.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ghostdoggender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Parrots:
    Helly , you're a bro

:desu:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Vincentdeboulegender: ⚧ Barely Literate

Vincentdeboule
    Parrots:
    Thank you for your work, man. Cool to see nice niche games being translated.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)