Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Repository (maps, schematics, easter eggs, etc.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The World of Arcanum - interactive map

by 3dh
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-world-of-arcanum-interactive-map.71517/

The Ultimate List of Arcanum's Easter Eggs

by Drog Black Tooth
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-list-of-arcanums-easter-eggs.34604/

Guide to Arcanum Schematics.(complete)

by Kz3r0
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/guide-to-arcanum-schematics-complete.54412/

More patches and stuff, like Arcanum Equilibrium Rebalance v1.12 (by Leonidusx, re-balances weapons and stuff), over at:
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/

Kz3r0

Arcane

made

Arcane
I remember when we had like 5 Arcanum stickies up at the same time. Those were the days.

This is so streamlined. :(

Captain Shrek

I remember when we had like 5 Arcanum stickies up at the same time. Those were the days.

This is so streamlined. :(
Streamlined is not always a bad word. Especially when not used by popular game developers.

Deadeye Dragoon

Scholar
Sticky this. Drog's patch + maps = pretty much the updated Arcanum, and nubile youth gamers might not know about these things and end up playing the virgin game to much dissapointment. They deserve a hard lengthy intro.

ETA: Oh, this is/was a sticky. I am very stupid. I play an Arcanum bowmaster btw.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have the GOG version and am bored enough to give this thing another chance. Do I need to install anything else or is it good right out of the box?

Hormalakh

Magister
I have the GOG version and am bored enough to give this thing another chance. Do I need to install anything else or is it good right out of the box?

You should get the unofficial patch, the HQ maps, etc. It's at the top of this thread.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Didn´t wan´t to make a new thread, but i´m having a game braking bug with my latest replay of Arcanum (GOG version with + unofficial patch + widescreen mod)...

It seems that certain npc´s, will for no apparent reason turn hostile during conversations and actions, like winning a dice roll against the gambling master turns him hostile, or saying "goodbye" to the whore house bouncer in Tarant.

I figure it´s probably some npc reaction bug, but there isn´t anything online that points to that, so if anyone has come across this and solved it, i would appreciate any tips.

i.e reloading doesn´t work, nor does using dread armor to lower my reaction score.

Kz3r0

Arcane
i.e reloading doesn´t work, nor does using dread armor to lower my reaction score.
Why you want to lower your reaction score?
In case you don't know, if your reaction is too low people will attack you on sight, so, that they attack is working as intended if you do or say something that lower the reaction value of NPCs and in top of that you are wearing something lowering that reaction value even more.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Why you want to lower your reaction score?
In case you don't know, if your reaction is too low people will attack you on sight, so, that they attack is working as intended if you do or say something that lower the reaction value of NPCs and in top of that you are wearing something lowering that reaction value even more.

I figured that it might be a case that my reaction score is too high that it messes up the system. Everyone else loves me, but some npc´s just go hostile for no reason during conversation and with no antagonizing answers from my part.

Has happened twice already, in the brothel and with the gambling master.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I figured that it might be a case that my reaction score is too high that it messes up the system. Everyone else loves me, but some npc´s just go hostile for no reason during conversation and with no antagonizing answers from my part.

Has happened twice already, in the brothel and with the gambling master.
Before they attacked you what was their reaction value to your character?

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Could be, but getting 255+ reaction doesn't seem like something you would run into often...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm not surprised at anything that happens in troika games after witnessing the 'gnomification' of my party in ToEE by the expiration of repeated castings of enlarge person (floating point reassignment not working from the original value, but multiplying a constant bug, most likely).

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
So I remembered reactions over 255 happening with shopkeepers and working fine (Drog's patch included):
wZnDoiZ.jpg

So it's something else at play... Or they found a way to only have overflows with some NPCs... Or the overflow threshold is higher (and I'm too lazy to figure out how to get it above 512 etc.)

Leonidus

Novice
I made that mod and I was going to post it here because someone mentioned to me how popular Arcanum was here, but to my surprise it's already up.

I guess you guys really do love Arcanum here?

Always lovely to meet people with good taste.

Because my mod does change a good bit of things, I usually posted some introductory information about it along with the download link, and I will provide that information for you now.

Regards,
Leonidus
--------------------------
Easy to install! Just overwrite Arcanum data folder.

READ THE README! Because I changed almost everything

What my mod changed:

-Stats on over 500 weapons/armors/items (almost every single one)
-Stats on almost every spell
-15 spells replaced with new ones
-170 extra portraits
-Stats on almost every monster
-Important schematic changes so that good items require a special rare component, typically only found at certain parts in the game
-Follower level schemes so that they are more useful and effective
-Much, much more of course!

What my mod does:

-Makes combat actually challenging to your character at times. Some enemies are now powerful boss monsters.
-Balances combat by making as many styles viable and equal as possible (particularly magic, guns, fighter, bows, thrower, tech)
-Balances follower favoritism by making even useless followers decent. I've won games with Jayna, Weldo, Jormund, etc.
-Removes overpowered abilities or features, such as most stun/paralyze effects
-Adds purpose to previously useless things. Fancy clothes give a charisma bonus, for example.

-Overall it makes people's character build decisions actually matter. In regular Arcanum, it's all easy as hell no matter what you do. With this mod, how you develop your character determines what is harder and what is easier as you complete the game.

What my mod doesn't do:

-Absolutely everything I wanted it to. Arcanum has almost no modding information generally available, so some things could not be changed, like many cursed items or backstab damage.

500+ items changed though, not too shabby.

Enjoy!

AND READ THE README!

(or just suffer, whatever)

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey yeah. I just bought Arcanum from GOG and I can't get Drog's UP or HR patches to work. The UP won't even open on W7 (64) and the HR just gives an error and rolls back.

Help?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom