Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

Another thing (bug?): I would have sworn days ago that making your party members rejoin would have levelled them to your own current level, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Said in a simpler way:

My character level 1
I kick virgil out of party
I level until level 5
I make virgil rejoin
Virgil is level 1, while my character is level 5.

Hoping you are still out there, Macbeth

TheFilthyJack

Educated
It seems Multiverse uses one of my mods (Followers Auto Level) and I may have excluded Virgil's dialogue because I used debug menu. The version included in this mod does have a few bugs as well, if the authors want the proper version I can send it to them. The only person I know is Corvell, I will try to email it to him. Otherwise just make sure you don't have any unspent skill points when you trigger the auto level.

I've never tried it with a level cap remover but there is no lv restriction in the script.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Why do 3 different antivirus' tell me SETUP.EXE in this download is a trojan?
I know it is probably fake but can anybody confirm that the downloaded version of steam is clean.
I am getting the same warning from eset and eset isn't really known for false flagging.

Codex Year of the Donut
I know it is probably fake but can anybody confirm that the downloaded version of steam is clean.
I am getting the same warning from eset and eset isn't really known for false flagging.

Macbeth are you back on this?

It's clean.
Surprised Comodo actually properly identified it but still flagged it.
The executable is using UPX compression which is sometimes mistaken for malware. Executable packing is a common form of obfuscation, and that's essentially how UPX works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPX

a cut of domestic sheep prime

CrowdStrike Falcon (ML) malicious_confidence_100% (D)
Is the little "D" at the end to let us know they are Democrat lapdogs?

Aren't these the same guys that helped create the Russian hacking "scandal"?

They went on TV and did photo ops with this image they had drawn of ebil russian hackers:
DMJsk1i.png

And then even sold T shirts with the symbol:
IHe2Ghj.jpg

CrowdStrike Falcon (ML) malicious_confidence_100% (D)
But they are 100% confident that this is a virus. Like they were confident about the Russian hackers thing?

Really makes you think.

Macbeth

Scholar
are you back on this?
We're working on update. Your comments about backgrounds were taken in account. But you also spoke a lot about some engine modifications. We cannot do anything with it for now. But if you find real bugs or text mistakes - let me know.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Macbeth, is it possible to change some items locations/vendors inventory, or is this hardcoded?

What I have in mind is the schematic for pyro-axe - being rather endgame melee tech weapon, you get it way too early and it makes crafted stuff like charged and envenomed swords/axes obsolete right away. It should be found/acquired much too later in the game imo.

Master

Arbiter
are you back on this?
We're working on update. Your comments about backgrounds were taken in account. But you also spoke a lot about some engine modifications. We cannot do anything with it for now. But if you find real bugs or text mistakes - let me know.
Why did you change the heal and fatigue rate if Constitution is 1? The rate is supposed to be 0, giving no health and fatigue over time... Im holding back of a Multiverse Arcanum playthrough just because of this microissue. Any way to change it back? or is it a bug?

mortimermcmire

Literate
just beat arcanum with multiverse - good work!

the only big bug i saw was the ending cinematic (the one with the skeleton) was in russian, the rest of my game was in english.

all of that playtime and I had to look up what the cutscene was in the end :(

Master

Arbiter
are you back on this?
Why did you change the heal and fatigue rate if Constitution is 1? The rate is supposed to be 0, giving no health and fatigue over time... Im holding back of a Multiverse Arcanum playthrough just because of this microissue. Any way to change it back? or is it a bug?
This seems to be a "feature" of Drogs patch which is incorporated into Multiverse edition. Wonder why he changed it.

Master

Arbiter
Hmm it says in the changelog

"Now traders buy the same items they sell, except of some small things."

Wont this disbalance the haggle skill? Expert training would become less useful and the skill wasnt exactly superuseful anyhow... The change does make sense but we must always be mindful of the balance.

edit:

There is a bug with the guy in front of Shrouded Hills Inn, the game crashes when you give him 10 coins.

edit2:

Also sometimes if i give him the coin my reaction with him, Virgil and possibly entire Shrouded Hills goes down by like one million and everyone is attacking me (because i gave him money). Its pretty funny but guys... wtf is going on?

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
Intro
Greetings, everyone! Thanks, team, for working on this project!

Bugs (1.4.0)
1: If the main character uses lockpicks (item) from his inventory when a companion normally instead handles lockpicking (like Virgil), using the lockpicks has this companion borrow the picks and attempt to open the lock, but not return the item afterward. Instead, the companion should return the item to the main character's inventory.

Requests (1.4.0)
1: May we get an option to officially integrate Multiverse Edition with Arcanum Equilibrium (GOG Forum Thread, Download)? Equilibrium rebalances the game but, presently, conflicts with Multiverse Edition in enough areas that I did not want to play Equilibrium + Multiverse Edition for long.

2: May we get the Arcanum Crossroad module included and translated?

Download Links
I posted these links for direct downloads of Multiverse Edition 1.4.0:

https://mega.nz/#!zyBm3SJI!j9QbD_bypUpzY7hRrf2MjU3fzgAgROW4cCe76ZesuW (https :// mega. nz/#!zyBm3SJI!j9QbD_bypUpzY7hRrf2MjU3fzgAgROW4cCe76ZesuW - if the URL filter is picky.)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlFwbxR-y1FaaePyibkeQBpkpZg (https :// 1drv. ms/u/s!AlFwbxR-y1FaaePyibkeQBpkpZg - if the URL filter is picky.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Macbeth

Scholar
Multiverse Edition Team? You still working on this?
Yep, but we need some time for deliberation. You know, we all little bit tired of Arcanum.
Anyway, we're planning to release update and fix mentioned issues. And we do need to eliminate "virus detection" of setup file. Just need to modify viruses which are now located by some AVs... (joke).

Master

Arbiter
Glad to hear you guys haven't abandoned the project. Of course, some fatigue is perfectly normal. I suppose you cant just chug some vodka and strongman it though? Kidding.:salute:
However, whenever you find the time, could you answer these questions?

1. How hard would it be to double the racism of all the races? The little chart Drog posted some pages back, how hard or easy would it be to simply double all those values?

2. As you know, being near Vermilion Station in Tarrant gives you +20 tech aptitude (or -20 if mage). The same with Bates Manor I think. However, could this trait be expanded to Bates Factory too? Or the entire warehouse area?
In fact, since Tarrant is the most industrial city in all of Arcanum, how about making it's entire surface give a strong tech aptitude, except:

- around The Mage Shop

- around and inside P Schyller and Sons ( this makes sense and it would give a clue as to the jewelry stores wherabouts to first time players, while veterans would get an added bonus if mage, or additional challenge if techies!)

- in the old, sealed off section of the sewers ( not the newer section)

And if these tweaks are at all possible in the first place, can something similar be done to other cities too?

This could be a roundabout way of making guns more viable, magic less op.

3. How hard/easy would it be to prevent enemy AI from "closing in" whenever combat starts? This simple thing would go a long way towards making fights more interesting.

Last edited:

Macbeth

Scholar
Bugs (1.4.0)
1: If the main character uses lockpicks (item) from his inventory when a companion normally instead handles lockpicking (like Virgil), using the lockpicks has this companion borrow the picks and attempt to open the lock, but not return the item afterward. Instead, the companion should return the item to the main character's inventory.
Could you share with a save-file? We didn't detect any problem with lockpicks.

2. As you know, being near Vermilion Station in Tarrant gives you +20 tech aptitude (or -20 if mage). The same with Bates Manor I think. However, could this trait be expanded to Bates Factory too? Or the entire warehouse area?
In fact, since Tarrant is the most industrial city in all of Arcanum, how about making it's entire surface give a strong tech aptitude, except:
Great idea. We've started implementation.

It seems Multiverse uses one of my mods (Followers Auto Level) and I may have excluded Virgil's dialogue because I used debug menu. The version included in this mod does have a few bugs as well, if the authors want the proper version I can send it to them. The only person I know is Corvell, I will try to email it to him. Otherwise just make sure you don't have any unspent skill points when you trigger the auto level.

I've never tried it with a level cap remover but there is no lv restriction in the script.
Hello. Good to know the author. As far as I know, one of our colleagues have written you recently. Anyway we'll add you to the credits in the next patch. Thanks.

Another thing (bug?): I would have sworn days ago that making your party members rejoin would have levelled them to your own current level, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Said in a simpler way:

My character level 1
I kick virgil out of party
I level until level 5
I make virgil rejoin
Virgil is level 1, while my character is level 5.

Hoping you are still out there, @Macbeth
Alas, I'm still alive.
We tested it. Did you activate NPC autoleveling? Do you have saves?

Macbeth, is it possible to change some items locations/vendors inventory, or is this hardcoded?
It's not hard, but theoretically may be need to start new game. Depends on. What ideas do you have?

3. How hard/easy would it be to prevent enemy AI from "closing in" whenever combat starts? This simple thing would go a long way towards making fights more interesting.
What do you mean?

May we get an option to officially integrate Multiverse Edition with Arcanum Equilibrium
Any integration is not possible, but we may look at it and think about possibility to implement some good ideas.

Can you update pictures please?

Last edited:

Master

Arbiter
What do you mean?
Whenever combat starts, the enemy basically gets a free first turn, so usually they run up to you and whack you a couple of times. Its possibly the biggest problem with Arcanums combat and why it feels so bland, because this "feature" prevents any kind of tactical planning.

If the player had the first turn OTOH, this would open up a host of options to consider.

Like basic preparation: whether to chug this or that potion, equip the correct gear, lay traps on the battlefield, throw smoke bombs, cast fire walls, stone walls, etc.
Basic positioning: moving into a better position, like at the edge of a lamp-lit area thus giving a penalty to the enemy/bonus to yourself; behind a table to give "obscured" penalty or how its called. Granted this isnt much but still.

Running away from combat would be a possibility, simply because the enemy is now further away: throwing a concussion grenade and running (throwing skill would be more important) or: a mage could use the force spell to push the enemy even further and then stun him for a few turns, while moving away and disengaging from combat altogether. It would also prevent excessive dying and reloading, as before if a guard or some half-ogre spotted you then its basically game over and you have to reload.

For ranged builds (guns) it would be an obvious and much needed improvement, as you could like in Fallout chose whether to shoot with all APs or to shoot and retreat/reposition, deny the enemy APs for attack etc. Basic stuff like that.

No it wont turn Arcanum into Jagged Alliance 3 but at least its something, especially considering how small of a change it would be (if its possible at all).

Master

Arbiter
Didn't see this
Great idea. We've started implementation.
Wow seriously? That's great, didn't know it was that easy?
What about other areas, like dungeons? Some should give a strong magic aptitude/tech penalty, like the Lair of Belerogrim, the Ancient Maze, Haunted Castle in Ashbury etc., while dwarven mines like BMC should give a tech aptitude and be more difficult for mages.

Macbeth

Scholar
TA/MA can be appoint to the sector of the map, not to every particular house. We will show several examples of areas where is will effect, but places will be much more: Maxim's factory, Tulla, Vendigroth and so on. And influence will differ: +5, +10, +20... depends on our feeling and keeping in mind game balance. We don't want to make life awful for mages in Vendigroth.

This is in work right now. Actually couple days ago we continued our work with Arc.

Master

Arbiter
This is awesome stuff man. Arcanum has these unique mechanics but they're barely taken advantage off. And don't be afraid to go hard on the mages.:salute:

What about doubling the racism scale? I'm sure the Codex would love that. And it would make Beauty much less of a dump stat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom