Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Just wondering about this bug I can't seem to find anything about :argh:

Sometimes on a savegame load or area transition the reaction numbers on NPCs/followers go crazy across the board, sometimes its positive into the billions, other times negative. A reload usually fixes it, but shit is annoying as fug. BE is at 8, CH at 20, usual reactions float around 50-60, no modifying gear or anything.

Ring a bell with anyone?
It's right here in this damn thread hombre.
Searched, found a couple mentions, skimmed entire thread, found nothing. How much of a dumbfuck am I ?

I think you didn't use the multiverse as standalone but probably installed it on top of another install. That's the source of the issue.

Well, this thread was a rollercoaster to read through. I got all excited about all sorts of upgraded mods to arcanum, which all came crashing down when Drog pulled out this past summer.

In any event, it's been about five years since an arcanum playthrough, so I guess I'll fire up the multiverse version and give it a try.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
I think you didn't use the multiverse as standalone but probably installed it on top of another install. That's the source of the issue.
Well I figured it out, I think. Turns out it was just a feature. For the next guy with the same problem:

arcanum reaction bug : when playing a goody-2-shoes-with-friends char, don't attack anything untill it explicitly attacks you, or your friends have decided it's okay to start clobbering on the thing. This stopped the numbers from going crazy.
If it doesn't have a red ring, DO.NOT.TOUCH.:ehue:

malka

Barely Literate
Guys, I want help changing level schema to no schema on followers, but the game does not let me. I can change my char schema.

Also, how do I remove the level cap if any.

Tx in advance.

Macbeth

Scholar
OK, guys.
Version 1.4.0.0 is ready.
Now it's avaliable via Russian torrent treaker, but very soon it'll be on Steam.
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5213556

List of changes:

Installer and Settings
· Integrated Arcanum High Resolution Patch 1.5.

· Integrated base version of Interface Mod (corrections only).

· Integrated Arcanum universal level cap remover v0.0.1 (optional increasing in the limit of received points up to the 100th level).

· Integrated Boarded-up Windows Fix (correcting the display of boarded up windows).

· The logo of the configurator now has two versions of the logo which will vary depending on the version of the game (with or without ModPack).

· Utilities DXWnd or Wine D3D were replaced by the wrapper DDrawCompat (a new solution for compatibility with Windows 8 and 10).

· The default difficulty level is changed from Easy to Medium.

· The default frequency of pop-up info is changed from Never to Verbose.

Gameplay
· Integrated AME Backgrounds.

Pack includes 22 new backgrounds for main character:

ü 8 from Multiverse Team.

ü 6 from the contestants of our public.

ü 8 written by Chris Beddoes and adapted for RePack (balance review and Russian translation).

· The effect of the aging of the character (relative to playing time) [ATR].

· The age of quest NPCs and NPC-followers is partially worked out (changing of the default age).

· Now, for the owners of all standard portraits racial icons will be displayed.

· Changed coordinates of the appearance of the protagonist or his party in some locations.

· Considered the mutual defense of some NPCs who previously ignored the attack on other NPCs standing nearby.

· The position of some NPCs has been adjusted (where they stand and where they look).

· Corrected the position of some hidden mobs in relation to the objects behind which they hide (ore golems behind trolleys, skeletons in bushes, etc.).

· Sogg Mead Mug now protects the visitors of the bar, if he is not in the protagonist.

· The problems in the scene with Magnus and Torian Kel are eliminated:

ü Magnus's appeal to the protagonist now works right away, and not with the secondary joining of Torian Kel.

ü In the dialogue with Magnus added missing «stupid» replicas of the protagonist.

ü The problem of the absence of a return from the dialogue of Magnus to the dialogue of Torian was solved.

ü One of the text replicas of Loghaire (in Tarant) now corresponds to the voice acting.

· One of the possible options in the dialogue with the spirit of Charles Brehgo is now available even with a second appeal.

· Fixed the need to re-apply to Ristezze and Gaylin to gain access to more important branches of the dialog (with quests, for example).

· Restored unrealized replicas of Dante after a dialogue with King Praetor.

· Fixed the error of assigning several phrases in the dialogue with King Praetor, accompanying the beginning of the battle.

· Fixed nondisplayable replica by Cedric Appleby when re-entering the quest.

· Fixed a problem with the questioning of rumors from one of the guardians of Ashbury prison.

· Added a missing replica in the dialogue with Edward Teach, when the decision to leave Isle of Despair was the only way out of the dialogue.

· Excluded error in K'an Hua dialogue during which the protagonist could agree to take a minor quest, which was not spoken about.

· The eye of the Kraka-tur is now correctly removed from the inventory according to one of the dialogue options.

· The spirit and corpse of Simon Fahrkus no longer disappear after time (similar to Charles Brehgo in the same quest).

· The killing of the gnome agent of the Molochean Hand, located within the Shrouded Hills, is now punishable by guards.

· Dante no longer returns to the Black Root in spite of his quest situation.

· The scripted mechanics of Theodor's reaction to the putting on of his quest item was improved: the problem was solved when putting an object on the street when a standard dialogue with the loop was started and a distance was set for starting the dialogue.

· Improved the script chain on the quests of the Witt family:

ü Fixed a bug that caused the scripted chain to a dead end (impossibility to end the quest in the expected manner).

ü One of the script scenes of the Witt family is now activated at a certain stage of the quest situation, not immediately after the end of the quest (the dialogue is extended accordingly).

· Fixed a script bug in the logic of NPC from the Elven Ruins:

ü Solved the problem of missing recycling in one of the NPC scripts.

ü Exit from the burial will be blocked now in one of the quest situations.

ü NPCs of this location now pronounce replicas in both locations.

· Halflings in the Thieves Cave are now acting just like their leader.

· The characteristics of many NPCs have been revised (especially with the 1st level), and suitable development schemes have been added.

· Bogaroth is assigned a level scheme. A fighter- dodge, and the level is raised from the 20 to the 40th.

· The agent at the bridge in the Shrouded Hills now corresponds to its characteristics in both places of its appearance.

· One of the Mechanized Arachnids in Tarant has assigned a previously inactive "Mechanical" flag (affects the possibility of using magic and magical items for this purpose).

· The Guardian of Tarantian telegraph was assigned the flag "No Flee" (ban on panic during the battle).

· Many new items were distributed between NPCs in the Shrouded Hills, Black Root and Tarant.

· Now traders buy the same items they sell, except of some small things.

· The goods assortment of inventor in the Black Root is now being renewed.

· Noise Maker Decoy now works properly and is put on sale to inventors.

· Technological items in the Panarii temple (Shrouded Hills) were moved from the commode to the barrel, and the Pilgrim's Robes was taken from the bedside table to the commode.

· Storage crate can be found now in Grunwalde’s house.

· Amulet of Leadership Amulet of Leadership, previously unused, is now owned by Gideon Laier.

· Introduced the book "Lethe Wyvern" from the original resources of the game, previously unused by the developers.

· Now, when reading a note from the Crash Site, a corresponding entry is added to the log.

· The Fort on Isle of Despair is now called A Penal Colony, and not the Isle of Despair (the name of the mark on the world map has been changed).

· Realized opportunity to leave the Half Ogre Island in an independent way in case of the ship captain death (with the automatic transfer of the ship).

· Fixed a logical discrepancy in the dialogue with Hippington about the Stillwater Giant.

Mapper's Mod
· A lot of changes made in previous versions of the mod.

· Locally solved the problem of running around objects, projections of walls and facades, by adding more blocks.

· Removed a number of extra blocks within the interiors and decorations.

· The position of some blocks relative to objects has been adjusted.

· Corrected the position of some objects relative to walls, facades, and other objects.

· Added 17 previously not included objects from the original art library:

- 4th option of the blacksmith's desk (Black Root, Ashbury, Tarant, Shrouded Hills).

- 1 set of stones (Ashbury).

ü 2 dwarfs mechanisms (the smithy and the workshop of the inventor in the Wheel Clan).

ü 1 tree и 1 herb (Vendigroth Ruins and A Penal Colony).

ü 1 tent и 1 boiler (Bane’s lair in the Void).

ü 1 campfire (Kraka-tur’s lair in the Void).

· Improved sprites of a number of objects:

ü The missing pixels are recovered (in areas where ground and wall textures were visible).

ü The colors of some sprites now correspond to the colors of the original decorations (from which these objects were created).

· Discrepancies between types of objects and interior styles were eliminated: some objects were transferred from stores to owner's rooms (and vice versa). Some of the objects were replaced with more suitable options.

· Added elements that smooth the junction between two types of walls (used in the crematory of Ashbury).

· The sign of the shop " Side Arms and Saltpeter" (Ashbury) no longer has a unique light texture, and is taken from the main set of this sign.

· Added a new vegetation, previously excluded from the lining of roads (in the original version, bushes can be found in the middle of roads, in ours — only on the roadside).

· Arranged missing masts on ships (obscuring objects over facades).

· Several additional boulders were added to the space of impenetrable areas of the Ancient Maze.

· Excluded artifacts in the form of a slice of parts of objects during vertical scrolling: the airship screw on the Crash Site and the statue in Vendigroth Ruins.

· The laboratory accessory and small engine are now located on the tables, not on the floor (using duplicate artefacts with different coordinates).

· The shelves of the herbalists in the houses of the small owners (dwarfs, halflings) are now located below the original position.

· Excluded 22 repeated epitaphs, and new ones introduced: 6 original ones, not previously used by developers, and 16 new ones written by us.

· Fire on the Crash Site now go out after time has elapsed.

· The missing textures for the facades were created:

ü Ruined castle — 4 tiles.

ü Throne platforms — 3 options in relation to three different floor coverings of interiors.

ü Carpets of underground interiors — 2 options in accordance with the previous paragraph.

· Now all additional fragments of mountains are facades, not objects (included in the number of arts of mountains).

· Implemented the effect of seamless texture in the previously unaccounted facade of the mountains.

· The facades of railway tunnels now correspond to the facades of the mountains (seamless textures).

· Fixed several shortcomings in the design of the railway tracks (corrections in the facades and layout of locations).

· Part of the fragments of the facades has been transferred to objects, so that they do not fall on the shadow of below-standing objects.

· The facade in the Gilbert Bates’ bedroom has been refined (visual defects of the previous version have been removed).

· Textures of stone (city) facing at one of the facades of the castle of Kergan are excluded.

· Corrected the position of some carpets against the walls.

· Added 2 new tiles for the facade of the city bridge (one missing, the other for smoothing the boundary between the ground textures).

· Restored one missing tile in the facade of T'sen-Ang (previously used tile of floorboards).

· Corrections to the layout of the walls:

ü Restored cut sections of walls in previously unaccounted places.

ü Previous fixing of the effect of missing parts of the walls when you see buildings from the outside now eliminates the need for patch-objects.

ü A number of cosmetic corrections are made in a combination of wall textures.

· In a number of locations, the effect of opaque wall fragments was excluded.

· Fixed shortcomings in the textures of 2 types of buildings — Beige Stone and Victorian-Dark Interior.

· The effect of blue pixels on one of the fragments of the structure Red Wood Shack was eliminated.

· Two types of fireplaces applied in Wheel Clan, also used in the planning of other dwarven interiors.

· Two previously not applicable wall elements were used from the original art library (2 types of dwarven brazier in Stonecutter Clan).

· The position of several doors in urban and rural types of houses (interiors and exteriors) has been adjusted.

· Added technological emblems over the entrance doors of the dwarven technological buildings (Black Mountain Clan).

· Technology emblem removed from the front door of the Wheel Clan Hotel.

· The door to the dwarf- herbalist room in the Wheel Clan is now locked for a day and has a difficulty level of the lock.

· The door to the dwarf-inventor's room in the Wheel Clan are assigned to the respective owner (the reaction of the NPC to the interaction with the door).

· The windows and doors of the ticket offices in Tarant are now locked and have a difficulty level of the lock.

· Doors and windows of some houses are now locked at night.

· Interaction with windows on the second floor of the Bates mansion was excluded (you cannot climb out of the walls where the black background is).

· The locked door in the house of Pollock (Boil, Tarant) is no longer opened by the nearby NPCs.

· Globally adjusted color, radius and angle of lighting.

· Objects that were previously not sources of light are now linked to the appropriate lighting.

· The position of the light sources relative to the objects (lights on the lamps, etc.) has been adjusted.

· The light no longer goes to the streets from under the face of the walls, if there are no windows in the radius of illumination (for example, posters outside will no longer be highlighted).

· The effect of vertical lighting boundaries has been eliminated in some places.

· Corrected lighting in relation to some objects and their shadows (less contrasting shadows).

· The problem of exterior lighting of several objects in the interiors of houses (objects did not take into account the shadow of illumination) was eliminated.

· Added lighting in the Qintarra royal chambers, highlighting previously inaccessible parts.

· All HQ panoramas of locations are regenerated in accordance with the above changes.

Official Modules
· Integrated previously not included module Dusty Dunes.

· Corrections in the side quest in module Dusty Dunes:

ü Fixed a bug with the invisibility of the branch in the dialogue with the dog when ending the quest.

ü Fixed bug with automatic restart of the dialogue with the dog after the end of the quest.

ü The possibility of returning to the bottom of the well is realized if the child was left there.

ü The correct failure of the quest at the death of the child was realized.

ü An earlier locations version of the module Dusty Dunes, that was not used by the module (a duplicate with flaws) was excluded.

· Module Deathmatch now has a working ending (solved the problem of an infinite recycling of fights in the arena).

· In module Lost Dungeon of Souls, a vulnerability has been eliminated that prevents the activation of the script at the end of the game.

Macbeth

Scholar
It is possible that you'll have issues if you run the game via Steam launcher. Please start game from the game folder or from the shortcut.

Heya,
I've taken a look at the new backgrounds. Some of them have a really poor English. Would you mind if I helped you rewriting these backgrounds, or were you in a haste and so you will fix them yourself ? Just lending you a hand if you need it.

Besides, a certain consistency for the backgrounds should be added. What I'm referring to is the following: some backgrounds will make you able to surpass the maximum cap for races, while others won't. Can something be done to fix this inconsistency ? Even by adding an option for that while loading the game?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I got a trojan warning from this a while back.

Macbeth

Scholar
I've taken a look at the new backgrounds. Some of them have a really poor English. Would you mind if I helped you rewriting these backgrounds, or were you in a haste and so you will fix them yourself ? Just lending you a hand if you need it.
Sure. Write me PM. Or just show what is bad from your point of view.
That corresponds to every translation. If you don't like anything - let me know. I cannot guarantee that it'll be changed, but I check.

Besides, a certain consistency for the backgrounds should be added. What I'm referring to is the following: some backgrounds will make you able to surpass the maximum cap for races, while others won't. Can something be done to fix this inconsistency ? Even by adding an option for that while loading the game?
I don't catch, what exactly are you speaking about?

I got a trojan warning from this a while back.
What antivirus do you have?

Last edited:
1) I will write a pm

2) Some backgrounds make you able to get over the max cap
others won't

3) I get no virus alert. And to be honest I'm more scared about miners than virus.

Backgrounds: I don't remember very well one thing.

Imagine I start as half-ogre

I take the background of city half ogre (+2 to int, -2 to STR)

What happens? Will I be able to reach 20 int and 24 str or...?

Modron

Arcane
Backgrounds: I don't remember very well one thing.

Imagine I start as half-ogre

I take the background of city half ogre (+2 to int, -2 to STR)

What happens? Will I be able to reach 20 int and 24 str or...?
I believe backgrounds do not affect max stat limits, max stats are just determined by racial limits if I recall correctly. So i don't think you will reach 20 int.

Thanks for help Modron

By the way, I have found my answer, but it is a shit issue engine has that can't be corrected.

Had a note for myself for following playthroughs that I didn't remember; this was a post I've written to Macbeth time ago and he told me they can't fix the issue.

> consistency in the backgrounds for character.
Backgrounds should or should not count for stats maximum. Let’s take an example: Rare half-ogre birth.
If you take this background you get +2 INT sacrificing one point of STR and one of CON
The issue though is that you can still reach 24 strength but you can’t reach constitution 20 for who knows which reason.
Consistency would make it so that you can reach at best 23 strength and 19 con.

[Added note on 26/01/2018: or 24 STR and 20 STR anyway for my PP lust]

Last edited:
Found a few bad things:

1) [BUG] In Tarant, near the station, there is that grandma that tries to pickpocket you. Issue is that if she fails pickpocketing, the guards will attack you instead of her. Is it possible to make the guards attack her on a failed attempt, instead of the player?

2) [meh] Jacob sometimes doesn't sleep properly. https://s17.postimg.org/nzbwt5fbj/jacob_bens.png

3) I gave pure ore to the blacksmith inside Shrouded hills, but even if the quest completed, pure ore wasn't removed from my inventory.

4) There should be "Unbiased quest reward" component. You don't get any xp from roleplaying.
Example: Jacob bens. If I steal for him I get 1k xp and some gold, while if I reveal his plan to the doc I get 0 xp. No point.

Last edited:
5) Stealing Magnus dwarven gauntlets will trigger only once his "offended" dialogue. If you try to steal them again, he won't show annoyance anymore.

6) If Magnus kills Winston, you get this:

https://s17.postimg.org/7plqqe9u7/winston.png

They should either resurrect him (they can, see the dwarves), or they should attack the player as soon as Winston dies.

Last edited:
7) Is there a way to assign to <charname> xp points? Because I would like to test some things. I need cheatssssssssssss

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
Can't click on anything on the main menu of the game. The mouse shows, and I can even highlight the option that I want to click, but clicking them does nothing. I can't even exit the game without task manager because even if I press ALT+F4, I can't click on the 'accept' to quit the game. Strange.

EDIT: And now, somehow, it works. Well, that's good.

Is it possible to fix the backgrounds? They piss me off because really they have no sense. Getting sickly will make you able to go over your half-ogre limited intelligence and making you able to get 20 INT, while getting Rare Half-ogre birth won't.

What's the point? The backgrounds should all make you able to surpass a limit (and make another, for example half ogre birth should set your new maximum STR to 22 and max INT to 20; not make you able to still get 24 STR and 18 INT as you never had the background).

Or actually shouldn't.

But they should all work the same way, not force the player to get virgil cheat menu to check first-hand which background can make you surpass the race-limit.

> Is it possible to create a new difficulty with the xp given by the easy one and the stats for the monsters of the hard ?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom