Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

Black

Arcane
Dude don't grind in Arcanum.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
First character I ever did was a melee character, no magic or tech.. just using the items that required no or little aptitude in either of the two.
Technically it probably sucked compared to a specific build, but I still did fine save for a few spots. Still reached level cap way before the game ended.
Don't know where your problem is.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
First character I ever did was a melee character, no magic or tech.. just using the items that required no or little aptitude in either of the two.
Technically it probably sucked compared to a specific build, but I still did fine save for a few spots. Still reached level cap way before the game ended.
Don't know where your problem is.

Well, Ore Golems wreck my shit. I had to spam Molotov Cocktails at them. And this is like the third time I've had to exit the Black Mines just to rest properly.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Get some arcane weapons. Most (all?) of them won't get broken when hitting golems.

sagat91

Novice
as tech use pyro/charged axe they won't broke (not sure about envenomed axe)
as magic use arcane weapons as Gepeu said they also won't broke

The issue is entering right after reaching gilbert. You should be around 12-16 levels. You have to enter the mines around 22-25 to make them a breeze, while to have a 'fair' challenge you should be around level 18-20. Go for quests :)

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Wait Multiverse edition only available for steam version (I have GOG's) ?
No, it works with GOG version too. But the most sensible thing to do is going with that tutorial: https://af.gog.com/forum/arcanum_of...tches_widescreen_and_more/page1?as=1649904300
but instead of HR patch 1.1 download 1.5 instead.

Oh, you mean that instead of installiing the multiverse edition I should use my GOG version and just apply those patches ?

<I think that actually, those are the exact patches I applied for my last playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Oh, you mean that instead of installiing the multiverse edition I should use my GOG version and just apply those patches ?

<I think that actually, those are the exact patches I applied for my last playthrough.

It's up to you. Multiverse includes balance changes, while the patches Goral linked to do not. I'm pretty sure I had no issues with the normal patches, though I was a bit baffled as to why the Bedokaan didn't join the elves at Qintara, maybe because I killed the poachers for them. And from what everyone has said so far, Multiverse doesn't seem to have any issues either.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Multiverse edition resulted in weird glitches on my screen which I don't remember having in my last playthrough. So I'll probably uninstall it and and go back to the good old unofficial patch and all.

But.... OMG, at the moment the first cinematic stops and I hear "find the boy" with the cello on top, I feel home again, next to a cozy chimney fire while it winds and rain outside... This game....

deama

Prophet
Does anyone know how interesting or if it's even possible to make a charisma/beauty build? I believe companions gain a boost the more charisma MC has, but is this boost fairly decent or useless?

Modron

Arcane
Yeah charisma builds are possible the more cha you have the more companions you have, do be aware this will kind of gimp your character in the sense that you will not gain nearly as many levels because while i do think you get some xp for kills but the majority of combat experience is from damage done to enemies and you do not get credit for the damage your companions do. Granted you will still have all that quest xp available. Plus you can talk the final boss out of it in place of fighting.

The most difficult time you'll have in the game will probably be the beginning wolves as a cha only build. See MCA's lp attempts.

T. Reich

Arcane
Charisma is OP. You can get up to 6 companions IIRC, and then the doggie.

Properly outfitting your companions will make them kick any ass that looks wrong your way.

Tigranes

Arcane
I wouldn't say it's interesting, though, because it just means all the combat is autopilot god mode.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Just wondering about this bug I can't seem to find anything about :argh:

Sometimes on a savegame load or area transition the reaction numbers on NPCs/followers go crazy across the board, sometimes its positive into the billions, other times negative. A reload usually fixes it, but shit is annoying as fug. BE is at 8, CH at 20, usual reactions float around 50-60, no modifying gear or anything.

Ring a bell with anyone?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just wondering about this bug I can't seem to find anything about :argh:

Sometimes on a savegame load or area transition the reaction numbers on NPCs/followers go crazy across the board, sometimes its positive into the billions, other times negative. A reload usually fixes it, but shit is annoying as fug. BE is at 8, CH at 20, usual reactions float around 50-60, no modifying gear or anything.

Ring a bell with anyone?
It's right here in this damn thread hombre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom