Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum High Resolution Patch

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Arcanum High Resolution Patch site - Info, Changelog and Downloads.

This thread is no longer supported, I don't visit the Codex anymore. Go to Terra-Arcanum.

>>> Official bug reporting thread <<<

################################################################

Arcanum High Resolution Patch is an extensive engine hack and probably the most complex mod I've done up to this point. It rewrites many subroutines to make the engine fully scalable to any resolution, and calculates positions of all elements of the interface (well over 1000 offsets) for the desired width and height by using formulas. Additionally, it adjusts sound positioning, fixes a number of UI bugs and disables sprite mirroring (if used without the UAP).

Features:
  • Full support for any resolution.
  • All elements of the interface perfectly centered.
  • All elements of the interface remain their original size with no custom graphics in any resolution.
  • Full compatibility with any mods that are based off the 1.0.7.4 version.
  • Full compatibility with older save games.
  • Improved Compact UI. Can now be accessed anytime by pressing F10.
  • Optional larger dialog and logbook fonts.
The patch runs on WeiDU, as it includes a rather flexible binary patcher with support for formulas. Qwinn's search and replace macro is also used.

The project took me many weeks of heavy reverse-engineering and debugging, as I had to go through the whole interface and many other functions to properly adapt the game for higher resolutions and make the engine fully scalable. I tried my best to keep everything as close to original as possible. Thus, the patch features no heavy UI changes, no custom graphics and no upscaling/stretching.

I'd also like to note that unlike the UAP, this isn't a community project, but rather something I've done for my own amusement. Ergo, the community feedback won't have much impact on the project, if any.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO, SCREENSHOTS AND THE DOWNLOAD

1eyedking

Erudite
Drog Black Tooth said:
The project took me many weeks of heavy reverse-engineering and debugging, as I had to go through the whole interface and many other functions to properly adapt the game for higher resolutions and make the engine fully scalable. I tried my best to keep everything as close to original as possible. Thus, the patch features no heavy UI changes, no custom graphics and no upscaling/stretching.
I've always liked this about your work.

No Circle-of-8 custom crap to tag along the bug fixes and improvements, just good old-fashioned code engineering.

Thanks Drog.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, now to find and re-install for like the hundredth time. Just when I think I'm out, Drog pulls me back in.

Qwinn

Scholar
Qwinn's search and replace macro is also used.

HAI U STOLE! WARE IZ MAI ROYALTEEZ?!!/?!/1!!?

Heh, jus' kiddin :) Glad you could make use of it, and nice work! Arcanum definitely needed this.

Qwinn

Paperclip

Liturgist
drog.gif

:bow:

Quilty

Magister
Thank you, this looks beautiful.

Slightly off topic: I always loved the art in Arcanum, especially the portraits, pictures of objects and early sketches of various classes. I was wondering if anybody knew who the artist responsible for this is? I'd really like to see some more of their work.

Cabazone

Educated
Drog, you're my personnal sunshine ! (time to test if that work with no-english version of arcanum)

Malachi

Liturgist
Long-time lurker, I registered just to give my thanks for this. Drog's "Master of Arcanum" title is well-earned, IMO. Downloading now!

:D

Quilty said:
Thank you, this looks beautiful.

Slightly off topic: I always loved the art in Arcanum, especially the portraits, pictures of objects and early sketches of various classes. I was wondering if anybody knew who the artist responsible for this is? I'd really like to see some more of their work.
Boyarsky probably

After he earned a Bachelor's Degree in Illustration (at Cal State Fullerton) and a Bachelor's Degree in Fine Art (at Art Center College of Design), he worked as freelance artist for Interplay and Maxis in 1992.
http://www.leonardboyarsky.com/gallery.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom