Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum High Resolution Patch Testing

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
4K, more here
VYgcjcT.jpg

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Seeing how most testers still prefer the character sheet/logbook/inventory/etc fully centered, I've decided to embark on the quest to remove all top shading from the UI graphics and redo the borders yet again, this time including the top border as well. Well, the first part is done, I've managed to remove the shading with some clever reverse-engineering of what PS filter Troika used to add the shading and doing the same but in reverse.

Now's the time to settle on the border style and feed it to my PS macro. Compare the below pictures and tell me which one do you prefer:
#1# Current Borders (no top border, simple flat color texture)
J1oy6ca.jpg

#2# Ruskie Style (made by some Russian modders for the older version of my patch, they just copy pasted the borders from the bottom panel)
hUw38n5.jpg

#3# New Shit? (the style I'm considering, as you can see the top border shadow effect is removed (no point in it since the menu is now separated from the top panel) and the border is based on the original wood texture, notice how it preserves the shadow underneath the navigation button)
urMSTNn.jpg

Althorion

Learned
I think I’ll finally have some time today to test it… Hopefully… So, do you need just screenshots and potential bug reports, or should I, I don’t know, run some profiler or what‑not?

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
I think I’ll finally have some time today to test it… Hopefully… So, do you need just screenshots and potential bug reports, or should I, I don’t know, run some profiler or what‑not?
Screenshots and bug reports.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Scratch the above borders, they look cheap af.

Okay, so I've yet again redone the borders. For the n-th time probably. Used 4 layers, with all kinds of shading and lighting perspective. Looks very close to the Ruskie style variant, except it doesn't have those yellow patches of pixels all over the border.

Compare, my new style + Ruskie borders. My new style is the winner, no? If there are no objections, then I will just use this one.
#1, NEW SHIT?
pxbp5ZG.png

#2, OLD COMMUNIST VARIANT
sm05XTm.png

Althorion

Learned
Windows 10 N, 1920x1200 resolution:
1. As expected, it crashes at the menu without DDrawCompat.
2. When run with Fraps in the background, nothing is rendered (black screen). That makes making screenshots quite difficult. For now, I’ve captured the video with OBS Studio and made a screenshot from that, but I’ll have to figure out another way.
3. Strange things show on a loading screen:
UigiwDM.png

More screenshots will follow when I’ll find some other way to make them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom