Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum: Dead World *new Tarant screens*

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
How do you sabotage that which ... ah, I give up.

ortucis

Prophet
What's the progress on this? (dead?)

It would be great if some Indie's developed Arcanum like RPG but the only thing we usually get is something like Eschlon or Depth of Peril instead.. :(

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ortucis said:
What's the progress on this? (dead?)

It would be great if some Indie's developed Arcanum like RPG but the only thing we usually get is something like Eschlon or Depth of Peril instead.. :(

It only just started. Trick is to make it have reasonable goals otherwise it will die like 99% of mods.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Is that some tastefully done rape right there?
This project does indeed sound interesting, but I'm afraid I've not much of value to contribute with.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
If you actually manage to finish this project I think it will turn out great.
Sounds promising already.
I will expect the worst though, so that I won't be let down when you put it on ice a la Cleve.

Crypton

Novice
Cloaked Figure:

Great idea! I'm looking forward to play/test it when it gets released. It looks very promising already, that screenshots you posted are worth a thousand words, so I hope you won't give up and you bring this project to its finish.

Is there something I can help with? I mean technical stuff :lol:

Have a nice day. :salute:

Crypton

Novice
Cloaked Figure said:
Thanks! How is your project doing?

Is there something I can help with? I mean technical stuff :lol:

Do you happen to know which scripting language Arcanum uses? Some gentlemen here are wondering and I (rather embarrassingly) do not know, since all my coding is done through 3rd party script/dialog editors.

Still working on it, its not far from technical demo/preview :roll:

About that scripting language, afaik, Arcanum uses own scriting language, so it has no public name, its just Arcanum scripting language.

I've made parser for that scripts for OpenArcanum, and they are really easy to parse/modify, so you if you are really interested, you might check source codes of DjUnique's script editor if you want to know about them more.

See ya.

:salute:

denizsi

Arcane
Original premise is overambitious. It will never get done. You should have started with one or two involved but small-scale quests to see how you pick up speed at modding. Biggest problem with overambitious mods, other than turning out to be hot air a couple years later, is that towards the end, modders tend to say "fuck this shit, here's how we wire up everything" and put lots of stupid shit to to end the torment.

Anyway, good luck. I expect lots of rape and grilled babies.

Actually, I'd also love to help. I have a superb idea for a quest line and it fits in with the theme nicely. Some merchant declares he's a prophet and thanks to the turmoil and violence, people start following him. He turns out to be a child fucker and gives two survival options to those he conquers: convert or give all of your children and wives.

Crypton

Novice
Finish this and I'll pay you a first-class hooker... I mean the REAL one :D

Crypton

Novice
Jack said:
Demo you say?
Not many mods do that.
:incline:

Yep, he said demo, and he also said tomorrow, which means 14.9.2010, a two days ago, but he is probably living in time matrix, as I do, where time flows a little bit slower than in your ordinary human world, which means that he actually meant 14.9.2041. Right? :smug:

:thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Can you upload (to a file hosting service) the tool that you use for scripting?

Crypton

Novice
Cloaked Figure said:
Starting movie which introduces the premise of the game now available for viewing at the project website.

Looks and sounds nice, god job, keep it up! :smug:

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom