Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum 1080p Movies

A user named cat

EDIT:

I haven't been here in ages and saw an alert for this topic. Sorry, these are lost in the wind. I must've deleted them a long time ago and haven't played Arcanum since.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfmanJack

Barely Literate
**DOWNLOAD HERE**

Unzip folder to: %\Arcanum\modules\Arcanum\movies
(Make sure you still have "movies.mes" in your movies folder)

Before folder size = 154 MB
After folder size = 1.18 GB

Notes:

After some testing, I found these will only work if you have Arcanum patched to 1920x1080.
At any resolution under that, it crashes out when the first vid begins. I guess the game engine doesn't know how to scale videos at all.

So what is this and why am I posting it? Well I finally got around to playing Arcanum "Sup Drog" style in 1080p HD but I noticed all the in-game videos were still tiny and sat in the middle of the screen. So I converted them to raw avi's, upscaled to 1920x1080 with ratio intact, applied Neat Video Denoiser then converted them back to bik files. Thought I'd share them here too.

Obviously they're not going to look perfectly crisp - some artifacts remain (noticable in the shadows) and the dithering sucks but I prefer this over tiny res clips that play in the center of the screen. Unfortunately I couldn't do squat about the first two logo videos because I guess those are hardcoded? No idea but they're not in the movies folder. Yeah, I bet someone has already done this before but I couldn't find any links and I'm sure nobody else bothered running these through a proper denoiser to remove most of the ugly pixelation. I tried not overdoing it or adding blur.

Samples:
oRxuTJr.jpg

9muq9JO.jpg

4tBFM4b.jpg

8TMeIWR.jpg

Hi, all. I am playing Arcanum for the first time and, like tical, am bothered by the reduced size movies the game displays after patching it to 1920 x 1080. The link tical provided above for the HD movies is dead. Does anyone have a mirror for this site or a copy they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

biggestboss

Liturgist
Tag for when I reinstall when I get home from work

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom