Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Arakion, first person, group based RPG

Lavidimus

Novice
FeelTheRads: Are you asking for me to make a tutorial?

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Lavidimus Congrats!! Kickstarter funding successful!! :)

So, what are you going to do with this money? Add in more areas, more spell effects hopefully?

Also, how many ppl working on this game? Just you, or more? Who did the art + animations?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
header.jpg

Sorry, it looks too terrible to even look at it. Not to mention to play.

Saxon1974

Prophet
I'm not sure about the characters. They also seem to be rendered in different lighting to the game world which makes them look out of place. Maybe with the right lighting they would fit better.

On the other hand the lighting and visuals look really good in the game world.

This for me. The character's also like kind of odd, they look like something out of Alice in Wonderland, is that a treeman, a devil and a japanese art style girl elf or something?

What's with the land floating in the sky in the picture with the fight against the green dude?

edit: Nevermind on the question about the floating sky, looked at the kickstart page and realized it says game set on 3 islands floating in the sky....weird not really my thing.

Will keep an eye on it though since it got funded, good luck to you.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
My point is that a good game can still be a terrible influence for a genre (if taken as representative of it and worth modelling new games after).

Mightmagic

Augur
My point is that a good game can still be a terrible influence for a genre (if taken as representative of it and worth modelling new games after).
I don't see where is the terrible influence of grimrock.

The terrible influence, it's skyrim and others AAA ARPG where rpg content is very light and gameplay is like action game and not rpg games.

Mightmagic

Augur
I don't see where is the terrible influence of grimrock.
RT Blobbers are a cancer CRPG genre thought to be rid of long ago. Now it seems to be synonimous with dungeon crawlers for western devs again, thanks to grimrock.
RTblobbers are not cancer CRPG genre. If it's cancer, I like cancer.
Game like ravenloft, dungeon master, stonekeep, grimrock, The legacy are very good rpgs and I like them very much.

I prefer turn based blobbers like might&magic but I also like RTblobbers.

The true cancer CRPG genre is ARPG like skyrim, DA inquisition not rtblobbers.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Those games aren't relevant to CRPG genre. The kind of people making games like the one on this thread aren't being influenced by Skyrim but RT blobbers and specifically Grimrock's success.

Mightmagic

Augur
Those games aren't relevant to CRPG genre. The kind of people making games like the one on this thread aren't being influenced by Skyrim but RT blobbers and specifically Grimrock's success.
Grimrock success allow the release of many good Rt blobbers and it's a very good news and not cancer even if you hate rt blobbers.

Zetor

Arcane
I always wanted Groot as a playable character in a blobber. I hope the final version of the game will also feature BFG-toting raccoons!

Also, considering it's a DM EOB Grimrock clone, is combat still all about the 4-step dance?

Mightmagic

Augur
I always wanted Groot as a playable character in a blobber. I hope the final version of the game will also feature BFG-toting raccoons!

Also, considering it's a DM EOB Grimrock clone, is combat still all about the 4-step dance?
If you see video, the answer is no. Combat seems like EOB, ravenloft, LOL1, etc

You can even use turn based to the pleasure of excidium 2
Combat! Combat in Arakion allows you to choose real-time, turn-based or a unique blend of both. The core system of Arakion takes two old school styles of gameplay and merging them into one seamless combat experience.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lavidimus/chris-taylors-arakion/posts/1509252

combats seems really like ravenloft and it's a good news.

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game would have been so nice if it was turn-based...
I really like the art direction and visuals of what I have seen so far, it is definitely (and thankfully) not a Grimrock clone in that specific area.
Does anyone know enough about the game to say something about to what amount of effort and focus is being put into the non-combat parts of the game?

V_K

Arcane
what amount of effort and focus is being put into the non-combat parts of the game?
The videos show a few puzzles, so you can expect it to be quite puzzle-heavy, just like a good RT blobber should.
There's definitely crafting, and I remember hearing that it's the only way to get better weapons.
The dev also promised a city building/management element, but whether it'll be something substantial or like the keep in PoE is anyone's guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom