Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Apple being retarded by pulling strategy games from the store

Morkar Left

According to an Gamasutra article Apple bans all games that show an American Confederate flag.

There's been renewed scrutiny about the use of the Confederate flag, a symbol hoisted by Southern slave-holding states during America's Civil War, following the vicious murders last week of nine black churchgoers in South Carolina by a white man. Major retailers such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and others have ceased sales of the flag in recent days.

Yeah, that's including all civil war games, too:

A developer with HexWar Games, the studio behind Civil War: 1863, said he received a note from Apple stating that game was removed "because it includes images of the Confederate flag used in offensive and mean-spirited ways."

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Same on Google Playstore. And now please remove all other shovelware wargames as well.

Morkar Left

Great. Now only Steam has to follow this retarded move.

Morkar Left

More or less. Germany is retarded as well in this and I suspect they got the inspiration from here.

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's hard to believe some people can be that retarded. I guess Hearts of Iron is next because of the swastika.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Apple being retarded

Whoa, stop the presses, amirite?

Seriously though, this is some of the dumbest shit I've read all day. Minitrue is working overtime lately.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's hard to believe some people can be that retarded. I guess Hearts of Iron is next because of the swastika.
Hearts of Iron has never had any swastikas, it uses a fantasy or anachronistic flag for Nazi Germany.
90% of players mod the correct flag in, though :smug:

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hearts of Iron has never had any swastikas, it uses a fantasy or anachronistic flag for Nazi Germany.

Had no idea about that. What about the USSR flag? Did they remove that,too?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

Had no idea about that. What about the USSR flag? Did they remove that,too?
Of course not. Genocide against your own race is ok.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Meanwhile on Steam:

sfdsfsouohk.png

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It will end up with all flags being banned, since almost all countries have some bad past attached to their flag.

Drax

Arcane
in offensive and mean-spirited ways.

:what:

They actually said that? Apple? The global corporation? They said a strategy game that tries to realistically display the US Civil War is using a flag in a freaking mean-spirited way??
Shiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
It would be more surprising if megacorps and the American people in general didn't overreact.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Huh. Is this 'debate' over the flag getting particularly divisive or something? I don't really follow Americans news all that much, but this is pretty ridiculous.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Divisive? Not really. Few people, politicians in particular, are coming out to defend removal of the flag. Just typical overreaction. I can understand removing it from the state capitol. Removing it from a game about the civil war makes no sense.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Slave labor using Mega corp banning products over obscure symbols of long past and gone slavery. :kwanzania: They should ban Stars and Stripes a flag of Indian genocide. land thief, and countless wars of aggressions instead as Komrade Farakhan said. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom