Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Apocalypse Now RPG by Monty Markland - terminated with extreme prejudice!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
HE'S BACK

WITH A VENGEANCE!

tumblr_mk97hbuyly1qfr6udo1_500.gif

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Last edited:

Beastro

Arcane
Hi.

I want to formally apologize for my stupid rants ITT. As some of the users I'm in regular contact with know, I've been going through my own personal problems, and apparently issues with alcoholism is one of them.

Although most of you might not care about my own issues, and understandably so, I wanted to apologize primarily for invoking CJM ITT. To be completely honest I was extremely blind drunk when I wrote my ridiculous posts, and do not really remember a lot of details of what possessed me to think it was ok to say some of the things I said.

Especially for those who knew CJM well, it was a completely inappropriate course of action, and to say I felt ashamed the next morning would be an understatement.

As I've reflected on all this, I just concluded it was the right thing to say sorry for what I said.

This forum is about video games, our thoughts on it and etc. When tragedy strikes one of its users, it's not a chance for others to invoke that situation, no matter the circumstances.

Anyhow, I decided to make this post because I'm usually a laid back guy,who enjoys PC games and light-heartedly calling people retards when they disagree with my own tastes. My hope is to continue to do that with a lot less drama in 2018.

Sincerely,

Mustawd.

WB sire!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
I. Laying Plans
1. Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State.
2. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.
3. The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations, when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.
4. These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth; (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
5,6. The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.
7. Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat, times and seasons.
8. Earth comprises distances, great and small; danger and security; open ground and narrow passes; the chances of life and death.
9. The Commander stands for the virtues of wisdom, sincerely, benevolence, courage and strictness.
10. By method and discipline are to be understood the marshaling of the army in its proper subdivisions, the graduations of rank among the officers, the maintenance of roads by which supplies may reach the army, and the control of military expenditure.
11. These five heads should be familiar to every general: he who knows them will be victorious; he who knows them not will fail.
12. Therefore, in your deliberations, when seeking to determine the military conditions, let them be made the basis of a comparison, in this wise:--
13. (1) Which of the two sovereigns is imbued with the Moral law? (2) Which of the two generals has most ability? (3) With whom lie the advantages derived from Heaven and Earth? (4) On which side is discipline most rigorously enforced? (5) Which army is stronger? (6) On which side are officers and men more highly trained? (7) In which army is there the greater constancy both in reward and punishment?
14. By means of these seven considerations I can forecast victory or defeat.
15. The general that hearkens to my counsel and acts upon it, will conquer: let such a one be retained in command! The general that hearkens not to my counsel nor acts upon it, will suffer defeat:--let such a one be dismissed!
16. While heading the profit of my counsel, avail yourself also of any helpful circumstances over and beyond the ordinary rules.
17. According as circumstances are favorable, one should modify one's plans.
18. All warfare is based on deception.
19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him.
22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
25. These military devices, leading to victory, must not be divulged beforehand.
26. Now the general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat: how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Part 1 of 500

Steve Bannon around 2005-2006 knowingly funnelled $60 million from Goldman Sachs to fugitive child rapists in Spain. The same child rapists who Bryan Singer and David Geffen and Congressman Michael Huffington (Huffington Post founder's ex-husband) had financed 7 years earlier.

When a potential group of investors offering up to $2 million in funds for the the Apocalypse Now video game with ties to London, China and Northern California were pressed on this odd connection / matter, they laughed it off and said "but just regular rape would be fine" and when I said that investing in rapists was a bad business model, they deleted their accounts on the official Apocalypse Now Discord server: https://discord.gg/f7rEx4R

What a story, Mark(land).

- What fugitives? Names, please.
- How are they fugitive if they're capable of going to the bank and receive money? That's not how Interpol works. Sounds like a lie.
- How did you come by that information? Does Lloyd Blankfein report to you personally? Sounds like a lie.
- Where is proof of anything you say?
- Where were your principles before the project went to shit? Conveniently shoved up your ass, until you realized you wanted to jump ship.
- What was that story about Victor Salva again? The guy who served his time, and you want to punish him your team for some dude who gave you money because he's friends with Victor? What? What kind of retarded backwards misguided vigilantism is that?
- How many people did your "decision" leave without jobs? How many people were emotionally, financially, etc invested into the project?
- In a theoretical example, would you also throw a tantrum if alleged criminals poured money into a charity? If no, then why is it a problem that money was being poured into what you called the best adjectives in your life?
- Considering that the entire movie industry is built on "rape", "molestation", etc, how come you're part of the industry? Everyone you "work" with is bound to have some connections to some of those people, yet it's only with AN that you throw a fit (because of some very distant connection to some guy who knows a guy who doesn't even know about you or your project and is not tied to it in any way), and only when the project looks the most dead.

If it smells like bullshit and looks like bullshit and sounds like bullshit,..

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Part 1 of 500

Steve Bannon around 2005-2006 knowingly funnelled $60 million from Goldman Sachs to fugitive child rapists in Spain. The same child rapists who Bryan Singer and David Geffen and Congressman Michael Huffington (Huffington Post founder's ex-husband) had financed 7 years earlier.

When a potential group of investors offering up to $2 million in funds for the the Apocalypse Now video game with ties to London, China and Northern California were pressed on this odd connection / matter, they laughed it off and said "but just regular rape would be fine" and when I said that investing in rapists was a bad business model, they deleted their accounts on the official Apocalypse Now Discord server: https://discord.gg/f7rEx4R
Spoilers, please. I don't want the plot spoiled...

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Part 1 of 500

I would back this game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What caused you to become a cuck?
He got a writing gig at Obsidian Entertainment, Infinitron drew attention to it, some jealous goon got mad and started screencapping his posts with a campaign to get him fired, and rather than lay low and weather the storm, he resigned immediately without any prompting. Total cuck move.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
What the actual fuck am I reading in this thread.

Monty made some funny posts, had good banter and wasn't afraid of going blow to blow with haters, often making the mockery out of them in the process, and thats always fun to see in a developer.

But don't let all that flair cloud the fact that the guy is a 100% scam artist. His Kickstarter bombed as fuck, he set up his website which also bombed as fuck, all while he was shitposting on the Codex acting like everything is going just dandy, all to give people the false impression that project is progressing excellent so he can drive more pledges.

Fuck that guy.

You might want to check your facts. We're the only crowdfunding operation in history that didn't collect pledges until we raised the whole budget. Everyone else is the scam artist. We're the straightforward ones. If you want to belabor the point, we could get into the details of every crowdfunding project ever. If you want. Yay or nay?

Seems like lot of effort, but at least it will give you something to occupy of your mind while you are being unemployed.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

Last edited:

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
"The actions of the defendant has damaged plaintiff's reputation on the white supremacist forum RPG Codex."

That oughta go well in front of the jury.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
"The actions of the defendant has damaged plaintiff's reputation on the white supremacist forum RPG Codex."

That oughta go well in front of the jury.

Nah it won't be me that puts this thread into the record. It'll be the defendants to try and discredit me. But I'm comfortable with the facts I'm posting here. The argument will in fact be that I am a white supremacist, who posts on RPGCodex and went to the same high school as Richard Spencer and therefore I can't possibly be correct about a thousand data points that are in the public record.

Etc.

That was exactly my point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom