Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD October update

hiver

hows the quality? When i watch it it goes up and down for some reason, looks very bad around 1:30, but gets better after.

-edit- seems steady now. 360 p but not worse then that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
hows the quality? When i watch it it goes up and down for some reason, looks very bad around 1:30, but gets better after.

-edit- seems steady now. 360 p but not worse then that.

You really should speed up the animations, I can't play the game like that :P

1.5x speed should be fine.

hiver

nah, the speed is just right. its just that you played it too much so you know everything. And maybe the video is a bit jerky itself from all the re-encoding and low res to start with. (fraps to video converter to you tube converter)
Im making a higher res one now.

By the way... can you make camera scroll slower the more its zoomed in? That would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The best thing i could say about AoD at this point is that i would change nothing about the game, the new demo just confirmed my expectations that this will be the best crpg release in years.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is an incredible game, been playing the R4 demo a lot since the release. I finally know what that thing is in Elhoim's avatar; saying goodbye to it was hilarious, as well. Great writing and great job to the people making AoD; this is my favourite RPG to be released in at least the last 5 years, if not longer.

I do have a question/concern about my latest Imperial Guard character:
I played a non-combat IG member (drifter, then I joined IG and announced that Antidas would be emperor). In Maadoran, the head of the IG wanted me to protect the fat merchant in the tower from some assassin named Hamza. What are my options here? My character was nowhere near powerful enough to defeat Hamza (he demolishes me before I can take a swing usually), and I didn't see any other ways of solving the problem while still being loyal to IG. Am I forced to let Hamza kill the merchant and then jump ship to House Aurelius? Why would the IG send me to protect Sorba when Carrinas let me join the IG as their persuasive agent, not some heroic warrior. My character is literally a 30hp female who is mediocre at spears and okay at blocking. Furthermore, why is it such a sin to let the merchant die? I get that I failed the mission... but that shouldn't kick me out of the IG.

Anyway, and I've said this for a while now, here is my biggest complaint about the game: I can get a pile of money, but I can't spend it on bodyguards. I'm tired of all the fights where it's me versus a horde; if I have two thousand gold, then I can afford to recruit some local thugs to back me up. Require me to make some streetwise or reputation checks if need be, put in some chance of the thugs betraying me if you like, but let me spend that money on the thing that I want the most - some backup. The game keeps saying life is cheap and people are out to make a buck, but I can't for the life of me find anyone that will work for me.

hiver

I made these just so i dont have to explain what the Tb is really about. >:P Heres a new one split in two, in better quality, example of fighting bums in the open.

:P

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Anyone worked out how to get to the Tower of Zamedi? I've done a few playthroughs so far with no luck. I haven't played a Gaelius supporter yet though.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Gaelius is the only one who has the key to the tower (which isn't the only way into the tower, but the other way requires a location that's not in the demo). At the moment, the only way to get the key is to serve Gaelius, but in the upcoming updates we'll add more options (like via convincing Serenas that magic isn't dangerous).

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Went into the Abyss with appropriate stats and objects. Speechless; it was one of those rare moments where the conclusion is as great as the mystery itself.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How do you get the prospector's mask to work? I passed the lore check when I initially got it, but when I put it on it does nothing in the Abyss.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You need a power tube to charge it. If you don't have one in your inventory, you won't get a text option. Alternatively, you can try to push forward if you have good Con.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The game keeps saying life is cheap and people are out to make a buck, but I can't for the life of me find anyone that will work for me.

Will say same about Preator; with high enough Charisma, Etiquette and maybe some fame/house check he should have enough soldiers to stay at the back and deliver the killing blows stealing even more fame and BS others afterwards how heroic he was; which should led to encounters with people dueling him eventually and if this wall all Hot Air... Well Choices and Consequences. You should be able to RP Con Man Aristocrat like Caesar not only Gladiators after all. :lol:

If the Party Play was implemented it would be the Best RPG ever.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
How do you get the prospector's mask to work? I passed the lore check when I initially got it, but when I put it on it does nothing in the Abyss.

Maybe you should help someone get his house back. Lord's justice requires it, apparently.

The real question is, how does one obtain three power tubes.

Ergil

Novice
Yeah, and I've been wondering about it. What's it do? :P Also, is there any real use for the stuff in the Tower basement?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom