Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aod News Main Thread

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
First review:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2015/10/12/it-was-a-dark-and-stormy-night-in-age-of-decadence/ :4/5:

I still don't get why so many people have such problems with the fucking combat. It's not the first time I read that it's not a game designed for combat-focused characters. Stupid dumbfucks don't understand that being relatively "difficult" doesn't make it impossible.

This review is extremely storyfaggy. Some people in the comment section are now interested in the game solely because the writing and the setting is heavily praised. Interesting...

Your post is insulting to storyfags. The reviewer is not storyfaggy, he is just a certified moron.

If I want detailed tactical combat, I’ll go back to Pillars of Eternity

:lol: Made my day

Cazzeris

Your post is insulting to storyfags. The reviewer is not storyfaggy, he is just a certified moron.

Well, the reviewer talks only about the game's storyline/setting/writing, explains how praise-worthy it is due to various somewhat legitimate reasons, states how such storyfaggotry is the only thing that should interest potential buyers and even compares the game with storytelling classics. I didn't mean that being stupid enough to ignore the meat of the game equals being a storyfag in the second line of my comment, it was more of a nod to the people who suggested that AoD was meant to be successful in storyfag audiences (i.e. Infinitron).

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

That dude is notorious for giving high acclaimed games shit scores to drive traffic to his website. Think he gave Forza 5 a score of 2/10 when average was 8/10, or something retarded like that.

GrainWetski

Arcane
That dude is notorious for giving high acclaimed games shit scores to drive traffic to his website. Think he gave Forza 5 a score of 2/10 when average was 8/10, or something retarded like that.
Good for him, as merely aping each other(or what they're told by publishers) is what gamejournos tend to do the vast majority of the time.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Forza 5 was the exact game like the 4th but had less cars and content and was full of micro transactions,i think the dude gave it a fair score.

likaq

Arcane
According to rpgwatch user Archangel pillars of banality and bg have more tactical combat than both AoD and jagged alliance 2.
Also JA2 is way behind toee tactical combat-wise.

Rpgwatch in a nutshell.

Rake

Arcane
Well, the reviewer talks only about the game's storyline/setting/writing, explains how praise-worthy it is due to various somewhat legitimate reasons, states how such storyfaggotry is the only thing that should interest potential buyers and even compares the game with storytelling classics. I didn't mean that being stupid enough to ignore the meat of the game equals being a storyfag in the second line of my comment, it was more of a nod to the people who suggested that AoD was meant to be successful in storyfag audiences (i.e. Infinitron).
A true storyfag would persist through the combat classes as well in order to experience the story from all different perspectives. :obviously:

likaq

Arcane
http://tvgry.pl/?ID=5799

Another cancer-inducing video from biggest potato gaming retard site.
3 hours playtime according to retard in video, yeah if you don't explore and don't do anything related to sidequests / optional content ...
And commentaries, my god...
butthurt about development time, graphics ( limbo,fez and braid looks better -> lmao ) , length of game...

<5/10 review incoming

of course 10/10 for abortion with guns aka fallout 4 is certain

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
"We could read all this text but no no no..."
lol

And this guy said that as a praetor he finished the game in 3 hours (he also pointed out that he focused on main quest and avoided subquests/subplots). No wonder if he was just blindly clicking.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/79170231967440200
Elhoim said:
Post-Release 1: Russian localization & Improvements
19 OCTOBER -ELHOIM
Title:
Post-Release 1: Russian localization & Improvements

AoD_temple_zpslnbo8lkq.jpg

First of all, we’d like to thank you guys for your support. Thanks to you we had a great launch and we’ll continue making RPGs.

Some of you have concerns about the difficulty. We hear you. While we won’t change the core of the game, we *will* add options that make mandatory fights for certain characters (like the mine for the praetors) easier.

We’ll continue supporting the game and going through your feedback for the next 3 months, during which we will work on extra content and improvements requested by the community.

Today’s update mainly adds Russian localization, courtesy of the Russian supporters of our game who worked for more than a year to bring it to you, and minor tweaks, improvements, and bug fixes.

Improvements:
  • New Path: Praetor can get a strong poison for the mine from Dellar.
  • Added better cape icons.
  • Added healer and blacksmith fast travel points on the maps.
  • Improved the map quest’s flow. If you couldn't talk to Antidas about it, you can talk to Abukar and he’ll send you to Domitius.
  • Changed Hellgate lasers generators’ position, lockpick required, disabling gives civic SP. You can disable them without going through lasers first.

Fixes:
  • Fixed minor journal issues.
  • Fixed issue with Hector’s quest when you met him via Claudia.
  • Fixed issue with being transported to Senna's house when you talk with him at the palace.
  • Fixed issue with the blank slide in Maaadoran endings.
  • Fixed issue with HD achievement and blowing up Al-Akia.
  • Fixed TG fence in GNZ having no items.
  • Added a few missing combat SP.
  • Fixed issue with Hellgate’s constructs not activating.
  • Fixed issue with the bolter and aimed attacks.
  • Fixed a rare issue in monastery storm walls fight.
  • Fixed issue with animation speed setting not applying.
  • Fixed rare start-up issues.

Changes:
  • Tweaked reputations in Teron.
  • Tweaked Praetor’s monetary rewards.
  • Thieves in TG2 have more arrows.
  • CS partial failure with mine guard lowers his HP by 20 (was 10).
  • All players start with some basic crafting schematics.

Combat Balance:
  • Bash has better chance to knock down.
  • Constructs have slightly bigger CS chance, lowered damage.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Why there is so many unique swords, but no unique blunt weapons?

Also, I killed the big boss with a hammer, which makes this game LITERALLY POPAMOLE.

0/10

Last edited:
Started playing this today. Trained only so far. The combat is much better than I remember it.
Dying like a bitch over and over in training was amusing.
I went daggers + block in training. Daggers are awesome - lacks punch, but the fast attack allows one great tactical flexibility.
Seems like the thing with dagger is to disable the enemy's capacities with leg/arm crits and then do a coup de grace with artery strike or the like.

I think I'm gonna roll a loremaster, gonna get dat ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE. If ANCIENT KNOWLEDGE fails me then I will use the ancient knowledge of shiving people in their soft innards.

Jinn

Arcane
I have sadly hit a wall with my somewhat diverse thief build. I'd been going along fine with a small amount of skill points devoted to battle skills (Dagger 5, Dodge 4, and Critical Strike 4), making it through even several arena battles and some other tricky ones I didn't think I could manage. The majority of my other skill points were spread amongst Lockpick 6, Sneak 6, Steal 4, Traps 4, Impersonate 4, Persuasion 4, Streetwise,4, Lore 3. I understand I spread myself fairly thin here, but everything was going great which led me to believe I'd be able to get to the end with this approach. Oh, how I was wrong.

I don't want to give any spoilers, so I'll just say I'm at the point in the thief path where Ganezzar and the Hellgate are open to me. I've explored everywhere looking more opportunities for skill points, but there is literally no way I can go further at this point. This came as quite the disappointment, as I had become rather attached to my character and I DIDN'T WANT TO STOP PLAYING! However, I'm now just taking a short break from the game and am very excited to return to try a new path out, or retry my thief play-through.

likaq

Arcane
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,6965.0.html

Random musings:

Release.

It went extremely well (both sales and reception), so once again thank you for your support. We sold 10,000+ copies in the first week (25,441 copies sold overall). It doesn't solve all our problems, it doesn't secure our future, it doesn't even pay for the colony ship RPG development yet, BUT it gives us a fighting chance, which is all you can ask for these days.

It's the first time that something actually went well and didn't fall far below expectations, so in this chapter we learn that patience is a virtue and if you build it, they will definitely come.

AoD updates

We'll be continue working on AoD until the end of Jan, then we'll switch to the dungeon crawler. We've scheduled 4 updates to be released at the end of each month. While each update will fix minor issues, add filler characters (see below), and optional quest solutions as per feedback we receive, the focus will be on:

Oct - the Arena (already working on it)
Nov - the Temple and 'god' endings (Scott suggested a good way to improve it)
Dec - thieves & traps
Jan - as it will be the final content update, we'll wait for more feedback until we decide what to focus on

No DLC or expansions are planned at the moment.

Filler NPCs

I didn't have time to add all 'backer' NPCs as they all require some work (usually a lot of work), but all your submissions will be reworked (I'll contact you first, of course, and run the changes by you) and added to the game in the upcoming updates.

New projects

We're still busy with AoD (answering questions, looking at save games, helping people fight their way through the game, upcoming update, etc), so we didn't have much time to talk about the new projects. In a month or so, we'll start presenting our design ideas, setting, concept art, etc. Eventually, we might even add more pages to our website, but don't hold your breath - keeping the site updated has never been high on our priority list.

To remind you:

Our short-term project is a party-based dungeon crawler set in the AoD world. One of the characters mentions a prison-mine called The Second Chance and you'll be given an opportunity to escape it or die trying. This game will use the existing assets and systems.

Our long-term (i.e. a full scale RPG) project is a "generation ship" game, inspired by Heinlein's Orphans of the Sky. We're aiming to create a different experience with the same core ('hardcore', TB, C&C). So, combat will be turn-based but focused on ranged rather than melee (earth-made laser guns - rare but powerful, ammo even more rare, so save for special occasions - vs crude ship-manufactured firearms favoring burst rather then precision), level up to distribute skill points and unlock new feats, focus on the individual and more dynamic C&C, focus on exploring rather than working your way up in a faction; you'll be one of the 'freemen' who aren't born into a caste-like faction, more traditional open level design.

Our plan is to release the dungeon crawler by the end of 2016. It's a linear, combat RPG with minimum dialogues and 'quests' revolving around killing, so it will be relatively easy to put together. The colony ship RPG will take 3-4 years and most likely use a new engine (Unreal 4). If everything goes well, it will be released on Early Access in 2018.

So, once again, thank you for your support. I can't tell you how much it meant to us over the years and how much it means to us now. We have a great community and I look forward keeping you entertained for years to come.

:yeah:

Infinitron

likaq

Arcane
My suggestions for clawler name: 'Age of Decadence: Tactics' or 'Age of Decadence Tactics: The Second Chance'

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So we probably won't see a real AoD II. I'll miss the setting dearly :(

The space setting provides a lot of opportunity of course, and from what I'm seeing in AoD I can't even imagine how great a space RPG by ITS could turn out.

Any plans to tap into crowd funding for the "colony ship RPG", or is it too early to think about that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom