Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD: Modding Support & Font Size Update

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Age of Decadence has just received another huge update with some anticipated features like modding support (which I didn't think they would add) and scalable font size so that you could play this gem on your TV while munching Doritos on your couch.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/1273802170608120081
Vault Dweller said:
Now that we're done with the content and mechanics we can look into various non-critical improvements. Modding support and a larger font size were two most frequently requested features so let's start there and see what happens.

Modding

What's done?
  • you can modify all scripts permanently or by copy-pasting modified files into mods\ folder
  • mod files are isolated and don't require overwriting game files;
  • individual mods can be enabled/disabled, mods can be loaded by categories (requires manual text file editing right now)
  • the mods will override any scripted functionality: combat formulas, scripted events, AI functions, etc. I.e. everything that is in *.cs files
  • theoretically you can override GUIs too, but we haven't tried yet.

What can be added:
  • loading new or overriding existing dialogues from mod folder
  • adding or modifying items (weapons, armor, etc) but not adding new in-game models
  • adding "Mods" tab to options menu, so players can enable / disable mods with GUI (this would take some time);
  • adding Steam Workshop support to share/download mods
  • overriding resource files - models, textures, sounds, etc. Torque (the engine) doesn't support it but we can probably tweak low-level Torque's resource loader to query module manager, which is a relatively big task, so we'll do it only if there's enough interest and not because there are no katanas in the game)

Improvements
  • You can finally increase the font size.
  • Tweaked several fights to acomodate DR mechanics better.
  • Updated item descriptions with 'how to use' hints from DR.
  • Improved interaction with Maadoran merchants, including camera and visual preview of the special items.
  • Added special and scoped crossbows schematics to the 'ranged' trader in Maadoran.
  • Added an option to fast travel back to Glabrio after the fight in TG7.
  • You can buy the stone amulet from the old man near the Abyss.
  • Added the courtesan portrait in TG6.
  • Minor fixes and improvements in the Mountain Monastery.
  • Added a hotkey to Wait command (T).
  • Changed the hotkey for camera center to (V) and button in the bottom right corner.

Balance Changes
  • Changed axes' passive to higher critical strike damage.
  • Increased the SP cost to 5-10-10-20-20-30-30-35-40, increased the SP rewards.
  • Lowered the poison effect to 3-4-5-6-7 from 3-5-7-9-11.
  • Increased the potent poison's modifier to 4 from 2.
  • Tweaked Zagros armor and helmet stats.
  • Added more gold to the arena vendor.
  • Reduced bleeding from whirlwind to 3 from 4.

Fixes
  • When you break the siege using the airship you can no longer ask Carrinas for help or have any issues in the TG questline.
  • Fixed issues with Daratan Liegeman and other ranks.
  • Fixed duplicated weapons in Shorty's inventory.
  • Fixed restorative liniment appearing as healing salve (strong).
  • Fixed acid's HP damage.
  • Fixed extra combat SP in any Maadoran combat after fighting the gate thugs with the mercenary.
  • Fixed the font size in the belt slots.
  • Fixed floor collision in the tower elevator.
  • Fixed the missing gold and weight text in alchemy screen.
  • Fixed TG and AG ambushes not triggering correctly.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can't decide whether to be :bounce: or :negative: about the SP rebalance, having to relearn optimal paths and stuff. Guess just :dealwithit:.

Don't like the design of the new axe passive, but it'll certainly work out better in game than the previous one.

mushaden

Scholar
Yeah I'm quite curious how much the game is changed by the SP rebalance. Maybe it's time for playthrough 97

Just saw the update on GameBanshee. Super cool, this definitely makes me want to replay it. Especially the modding support, this could be one of the best games ever with lots of cool mods, or even one great one. I'll probably create a rebalance mod for personal use eventually and I just want to thank IronTower in advance for this.

Drowed

Arcane
With my current level of English I cannot even make 4 consecutive posts without any typos/grammar errors or something like that. So, creating quests for AOD while keeping the same style of dialogue and even literary level in a language in which I'm not really fluent? Better call Blobert.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom