Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD January update

likaq

Arcane
Welcome to 2013, boys and girls. Should be an exciting year.

As I'm sure you know, Steam has kindly greenlighted us and we're in the process of signing paperwork and such. They seem to be a bunch of friendly and helpful people, which is always nice. The "greenlighening" has attracted a lot of attention and increased the number of pre-orders, so we already feel the effect.

In unrelated news, we entered the demo into IGF 2013 in Oct. I've never thought that we would win, obviously, but hoped for a nomination. Didn't happen, sadly. The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited". I explained but I guess the damage was already done. Oh well...

Working on a location aptly named Inferiae - (Rom. Antiq.) Sacrifices offered to the souls of deceased heroes or friends. Greatly expanded the main character's dialogue file, almost to the point of getting lost in the branches myself. You have a lengthy chat with this character and if she doesn't like your answers, you'll be offered as the aforementioned sacrifice.

Added another path there. Kinda tried another angle to see if it works and it worked. Added two more options if you do end up becoming a sacrifice and tied one of the options to another location, which fixed one of the issues in that location as well. So, all and all, I'm very pleased with this month's progress.

Now, on to the screenshots. House Aurelian. There are several scenarios there that determine how the conversation would go:

- agreed to find the temple for Antidas; serving House Daratan in a low capacity
- Daratan's praetor
- left Teron early, either in AG1, or after stealing Carrinas' documents, or any other case
- you are on Gaelius' personal shitlist, in which case it's not a conversation you want to have

Here is option #1 (the Etiquette option allows you to perform the 'weasel' maneuver).

IF you find the helmet and manage to keep it (don't forget the raiders), you can bring it to Gaelius and get your reward and the next quest or ... you can put it on and see what happens. Hint: something happens. Then you will unlock a new branch of the main quest that will eventually lead you to a very different ending.

As always, screens here:

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,3170.0.html

:yeah:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited".
VD can lead you to water, but he can't drink for you.

Although, I do think it would help new players if it was communicated that you really need to play multiple backgrounds to get the most out of this game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The judge couldn't get out of the town and felt that the demo was "seriously limited"
icon_lol.gif
Age of Decadence needs a quest compass , Gaelius is one smug bastard but sticking to Antidas should gives us greater prize; well done Vince can't wait till Thursday.
salute.gif

ubiky

Barely Literate
this game looks good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom